Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Altador Cup III (2008) - Prizes and results are up!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:20 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Sweet, thanks! Yeah the small prizes aren't really worth the trouble, I'm more interested in the top prizes anyway.

Looks like it's pretty stable overall, some slight decreases in the top three, bit more with the plushies and jerseys. The second book went up, though.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:14 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I bought a yooyu, two of the noise-making books, one slushie slinger book. Now I have 2391 points left and I can't be bothered with any of the other prizes, the flying discs have better ratios than the plushies or jerseys, but I don't particularly want 160 flying discs in my SDB!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:47 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

gingernut wrote:
I bought a yooyu, two of the noise-making books, one slushie slinger book. Now I have 2391 points left and I can't be bothered with any of the other prizes, the flying discs have better ratios than the plushies or jerseys, but I don't particularly want 160 flying discs in my SDB!

You can still sell them. If you hoard them, I think the smoothies have higher potential once the ACIII shop closes. I am able to sell older AC key-rings, cushions, megaphones, etc. at a premium now-a-days, so nothing should prevent the smoothies, being a consumable, not appreciating at a later date.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:26 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

sid_basu4243 wrote:
gingernut wrote:

You can still sell them. If you hoard them, I think the smoothies have higher potential once the ACIII shop closes. I am able to sell older AC key-rings, cushions, megaphones, etc. at a premium now-a-days, so nothing should prevent the smoothies, being a consumable, not appreciating at a later date.

That was my thinking as well. However, because of the relative cheapness of that particular prize a lot of people i've talked to are concerned that it will take a long time for the items to be worth more. I think it'll take awhile, but it will be nice for people like me who buy stuff, stick it in their sdb, forget they have it, and then rediscover it years later. ;)

Also, I still can't get it to let me use the last bit of my points. It's rather annoying...

Set by Moogie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:10 am 

I think the slushies and the flying discs will be good investments if you are able to keep them until the next (if there is one)altador cup.
I bought a plushie, a few slushies and some toys. Too bad I couldn't afford the yooyu. T.T

Shenkuu Forever!

Visit my chocopet here http://www.chocopets.com/wrapper.php?pid=21577

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:59 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
I finally spent my plot points. I went with the Darigan jersey (since I played with them for the first two years). Then I bought a flying disc and slushie for Maraqua (my team this year), Darigan (sentimentality), and Roo (this year's winners). I still have enough for another flying disc, but I don't care enough about any of them to spend my points.

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:46 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Kurisutaru wrote:
... because of the relative cheapness of that particular prize a lot of people i've talked to are concerned that it will take a long time for the items to be worth more....

Most hoards take a long time to pay off, because demand of the item seldom picks up and you are waiting ages for the supply to dry up, meaning longer time for the price to increase. The ones where 'natural' demand is higher (like, say, seasonal items like MVC and Xmas PBs) have too much competition and hence higher chance of failure.
Now, you can pump up demand artificially, but as per Neo rules, you are not allowed to do it collectively anyway - doing it on your own also create a bigger hole in your pocket (specially for cheaper items). So, you are nearly always talking of longer times anyway.
That said, older AC items have picked up prices within 2 years, and even I myself bought them only in last year or so. In fact, for RI key-rings, I had bought for 400 nps, and sold for 20,000 np. Which basically is, I think, 5000% in 1 year. But that one I should say was exception, I did not expect that much - I expected 200-300% profit at most, and I am getting that for most AC items, except AC II backgrounds, which due to the 'stupid' release of AC3 backgrounds have in fact depreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:55 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
May wrote:
I finally spent my plot points. I went with the Darigan jersey (since I played with them for the first two years). Then I bought a flying disc and slushie for Maraqua (my team this year), Darigan (sentimentality), and Roo (this year's winners). I still have enough for another flying disc, but I don't care enough about any of them to spend my points.

I've still got a couple of points actually.

Neopets should allow people to pool their points for awesome prizes me thinks.

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6