Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:24 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Altador Cup III (2008) - Split III
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:51 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Quote:
Welcome to the third annual Altador Cup! The Altador Cup pits sixteen Yooyuball teams, representing lands from all over Neopia, against each other in a quest to prove their honour and test their skill. Choose a team, and help your favourite land make Neopian history.

Altador Cup III - Main Page
Supporter Sets for PPT by Pixa
Yooyuball Tips, Hints, and Strategies
Points and Rank Levels

Previous Thread

Post subject: Re: Altador Cup III (2008) - Split III
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:18 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

:o I just had the backward facing game. Too hard to concentrate on it, so I just restarted.

Just reached level 8 - 100 games per rank increase now. :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:30 am 

Don't worry, it's 2,000 games no matter how you look at it. Imagine the first 19 levels are all 1 point each and that you have to get 1,981 points to get to level 20.

Quote:
Last year, my stats were:
Goals: 17,356
YYB Wins: 2,000
SS: 150
MSN: 750

With that, I got 27,714 points at the prize shop. I'm not sure how they do it, but I think the goals must've counted somehow...
Probably the ratio of goals per game X gravitation difference between Neopia and Kreludor dependent on if the Space station is nearby or not + number of games played...

Ah, thank God, I thought that meant I'd have to play 7,500 games. Hm... I can get well over 3,000 games, possibly even 4,000 if I do well enough. That would probably net me almost 40,000 goals since my goal average is about 9.25 goals per game.

I wonder, though, does it factor points according to how many goals you score, or your difference between the opponent's score (like with the team scoring)? I guess all I can do it play until the end and hope I have a lot of points. Someone should work on finding the formula for calculating points.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:43 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I'm happy because I've just caught up with the target I need to make if I want to play 2000 games. I still don't think I'll do that, but I want to leave myself the option. For the moment at least I want to play 60 games a day.

I've already played more than I did last year, and I got some pretty decent and valuable prizes last year. So people shouldn't feel they're not going to get anything if they can't play that much.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:11 am 

Hey, do you happen to remember exactly how many points you had and how many wins of YYB, SS, and MSN you had? I'd like to get more insight for these play-to-point ratios.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:20 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I don't remember how many points, sorry. If it helps, these were my figures:

YYB
Goals Scored 2,671
Number of Wins 415
Number of Draws 4

SS-27
MSN-23

And the prizes I definitely bought were worth 5925 points. I'm just trying to remember if I bought the stamp, which was an additional 5000 points. If I did I drastically undersold it as it's now worth about a million NP! I've still got the two books though.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:24 am 

Hm... It doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe someone else can figure it out. I'm not good with these crazy formulas that TNT finds it necessary to employ.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:28 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I might try and work it out a bit later, I think there are quite a few stats posted in the ACII threads, so probably should be enough to get an idea.

Yay to Shenkuu- a clean sweep against Terror Mountain! And Misha Grelinek is now the second best goal scorer!

Edit: Just been having a quick think about the wins-prize points ratio, and the one thing that is clear from Pickles' score is that 2000 YYB games must tally up pretty closely to 25000 plot points, which actually makes a lot of sense since that means anyone who gets the top rank can also get the top prize.
So that would mean one YYB win is 12.5 points. It must be something pretty close to that anyway, because Pickles didn't play as many SS or MSN games.

Unfortunately I don't think we could test it or work out what SS or MSN gave, unless we have at least two people who know all their figures and are also certain that every SS and MSN game they played counted (ie wasn't below the threshold). I've tested the 12.5 points per YYB game on a couple of others and it doesn't give consistent figures for SS or MSN, but without knowing how many scores counted there's no way of knowing for sure.

I seem to remember that last year we were saying 3 SS games gave you one point towards your rank, and 4 MSN games?
So maybe SS gave you 4 prize points, and MSN gave you 3. That would give Pickles an additional 2850 points if every game counted; which is pretty close to the 2714 points he/she actually got in addition to the 25000 for YYB. Maybe a minority of the two games were slightly below the threshold and didn't count.

So... (sorry to ramble) my guess would be
YYB win- 12.5 points
SS- 4 points
MSN- 3 points

Of course that will be different this year anyway, since MSN seems to be worth a lot less towards rank than it was last year.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:12 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

If yall are still looking for stats vs. plot points for last year, but:
My husband's for last year:
Goals Scored: 12,813
Wins: 1,500
SS: 105
MSN: 375
He got somewhere just around 20k prize points (not sure the exact, might've been as high as 21k).
Also, he somehow got bumped to Rank 18, though he should've been somewhere in 17. I seem to recall a lot of people got bumped up a rank at the end...like they made it slightly easier to get the All-Star rank, but the prize points seemed to be unaffected by that change.

I agree though, that it'll likely be slightly different this year since the MSN and SS point ratios are different. Who knows?

gingernut wrote:
That would give Pickles an additional 2850 points if every game counted; which is pretty close to the 2714 points he/she actually got in addition to the 25000 for YYB.
{pokes siggy} I'm a girl. :)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:36 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
Woohoo! After 48 wins in Yooyuball, 3 games of Slushie Slinger, and 18 games of Make Some Noise, I am finally Rank 1 and I have my avatar! :D

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:41 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Pickles wrote:
gingernut wrote:
That would give Pickles an additional 2850 points if every game counted; which is pretty close to the 2714 points he/she actually got in addition to the 25000 for YYB.
{pokes siggy} I'm a girl. :)
Oh yes :oops:

Even looking at your signature it took me a while to find the 'female' bit! My brain must be fried from too much YYB... managed my 60 games for today though! I might try for 70 tomorrow, currently have 531 so 60 won't even take me up to the next rank. plus I want to get up to rank nine so I can get rid of the stone shield.

Congrats on your avatar May!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:55 pm 

Hum. I'm going to have to hunt up what I got from the prize shop, but my stats last year were as follow:

Yooyuball
Goals Scored 6,303
Number of Wins 960
Number of Draws 9
Number of Losses 1

Slushie Slinger
Games Played 139

Make Some Noise
Games Played 300

... I can find 12,625 points' worth of prizes in my SDB, and I know I had less than 5 points left after redeeming them (probably 3 or 4).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:23 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

SQUEEEEEE! I just got my first 10-0 game! It was awesome!! YAY FOR 2 NUMBER SCORES!

I hate it when in the prize shop you have 2 or 3 points left and you can't spend them on anything.

Set by the amazing Kitten Medli.
Wanna see some of my writing? Click here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:44 pm 

Ugh...

I was playing last night, and though I managed my 200-game quota, I wanted to play some more. When I got to 600 games, I played about 20 more, which takes 40 minutes, only to find out that the internet was disconnected (probably because I'd been playing YYB for 2 hours without using IE).

The worst part is, when you submit your results, Neopets doesn't even tell you there's something wrong (but of course when I get a high score on The Return of the Return of Dr. Sloth, they're more than happy to tell me there's an error in submitting my score).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:50 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

kcharles wrote:
SQUEEEEEE! I just got my first 10-0 game! It was awesome!! YAY FOR 2 NUMBER SCORES!

I hate it when in the prize shop you have 2 or 3 points left and you can't spend them on anything.

Whee! Congrats on the score!

And why *do* they give us points that end up odd like that? I maintain that they should have a 1-point item like the theoretical Altador Dung that we discussed last year....so long as it can't be donated. :P

Serpens Albus wrote:
The worst part is, when you submit your results, Neopets doesn't even tell you there's something wrong (but of course when I get a high score on The Return of the Return of Dr. Sloth, they're more than happy to tell me there's an error in submitting my score).
I guess they expect we check every once in a while? I always know if my internet goes because AIM starts popping up errors. I'm sorry you lost so many games, that stinks. :(

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next