Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Altador Cup III (2008) - Split III
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:12 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

JellySoup wrote:
I happen to stink at this game.
Hopefully you found the answer to your question, but can we help you with your goal-scoring? :)[/quote]

What would really help is if I actually invested sometime into learning how to play the game the right way. I only played a handful of times during the first Cup and once last year. I intend to study the game bit tonight and get a feel for it.

It reminds me a lot of Nintendo World Cup, my favorite sports game.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:08 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Another sweep for Shenkuu, although it was Faerieland so not in the same league as today's opponent. Today's going to be an interesting one!

Merdiell upsetting things again by drawing against Krawk in YYB!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:11 am 

Hey, this isn't exactly an on-topic reply per se, but can someone give me a list of prizes available for the first Atador Cup (I've already seen the second set of prizes).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:53 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Serpens Albus wrote:
Hey, this isn't exactly an on-topic reply per se, but can someone give me a list of prizes available for the first Atador Cup (I've already seen the second set of prizes).
This petpage has 'em all: spc_warrior_jr's petpage
The estimated values are obviously off as it hasn't been updated in quite some time, but it's got what you're looking for. :)

Woo! Another clean sweep for Roo. :D And Meridell drew Krawk? Wow. Lots of draws yesterday.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:45 am 

Pickles wrote:
Woo! Another clean sweep for Roo. :D And Meridell drew Krawk? Wow. Lots of draws yesterday.

I am SHOCKED. Flabbergasted. Puzzled. Confused. All those things.

But, it does explain something important:
Yesterday, many people (myself included) went home from work early.

KI's poor showings on weekends and half-days leads me to believe the following with regard to yooyuball:
-that KI's players are mainly 20-something men playing from work, not from home
-The Rooligans seem to be a combination of 20-something to 30-something men and women both playing from a combination of locations.
-Faerieland seems to be kids, who are traditionally somewhat noncommital.

So Faerieland, because of team demographics, is at a distinct disadvantage much of the time - from what I can tell, team scores are a combination of scores submitted per player and goal differential. Since many FL players are kids, they can't devote nearly as much time to the game as those of us who have jobs but don't actually do them ;)

KI is at a disadvantage because the guys playing it are doing so by abusing their work internet priveleges. At home, they don't play as much.

The Rooligans, because they're a balanced (and dedicated) bunch, seem to have the most going for them.

Roo Island will probably win this year, I think. Krawk Island will do well IF the finals are on weekdays. If they're on weekends, KI won't stand a chance.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:17 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

very interesting extrapolations... now, how about the other 13 teams? :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:24 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

shapu wrote:
Pickles wrote:

KI's poor showings on weekends and half-days leads me to believe the following with regard to yooyuball:
-that KI's players are mainly 20-something men playing from work, not from home .............

Roo Island will probably win this year, I think. Krawk Island will do well IF the finals are on weekdays. If they're on weekends, KI won't stand a chance.

I just LOLed at this, because I'm a KI-er from way back.. and I'm not a man, nor do I play while I'm at work.
Anyways, with the dedication to our team that MANY members show on a daily basis, is hard to say that with the luck that we have had the past two years (we always get so close!) the KI-ers will let ourselves lose the finals if we do get that far. It's definitely a really really big stretch to say that we don't even stand a chance. That's a pretty bold statement. HOPEFULLY (and I'm hoping) the other members from the past 2 years decide to not lose this year and step it up even more so than they already have been.. because, I mean, obviously they have been.. right? ;)

proudly own a maraquan pet? go here! -- join Jealousea, a pet directory!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:18 am 

Oh lawd, it's Maraqua's turn against Krawk Island today. Man, I really wish I had a whole free day to play today, it would be amazing for us to beat the #1 team.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:22 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Well, that's the end of Shenkuu's winning streak! Although I wasn't expecting us to sweep Lost Desert, and we did very well with draws in YYB and SS, and a win in MSN (I suppose technically that means we won overall, but it's a pretty ugly sort of win).

And again we have improved our record from our last match-up with LD, when we drew in YYB and lost the other two games.

No surprise results today from what I can see.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:44 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

DC got a draw against RI. I wish we could have made it a win.

I got to 1000 wins (no loses, draws) today.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:46 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

seems something wrong with todays game, I lost two consecutive YYB scores (10-0 and 11-0); my wins aren't changing at all. I think I'll hold back playing for a while and hope it's a temporary hiccup. *kicks AC3 servers* maybe a blumaroo is erasing my scores? :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:47 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

eilu wrote:
seems something wrong with todays game, I lost two consecutive YYB scores (10-0 and 11-0); my wins aren't changing at all. I think I'll hold back playing for a while and hope it's a temporary hiccup. *kicks AC3 servers* maybe a blumaroo is erasing my scores? :lol:

You must refresh the game after 12.40am NST, otherwise the scores (for any game) will not go through.

That is the new restart time - it use to be 11.50pm.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:10 am 

Well frankly, it doesn't make sense to restart before the day is over. Adding those 40 minutes is good because I myself have played over the 12 AM mark without realizing.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:50 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Serpens Albus wrote:
Well frankly, it doesn't make sense to restart before the day is over. Adding those 40 minutes is good because I myself have played over the 12 AM mark without realizing.

In regards to the AC, a new round starts at 12.01 am, so any game win should be against the new challenger.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:31 am 

Wait, does that mean you can play any team you want and have it count toward the current team you're supposed to play?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next