Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Altador Cup III (2008) - Split III
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:20 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Question (dont know if it was brought up already) But has anyone noticed that different teams are alot harder then others like gee i wonder why roo island whom my team is up against is winning. There freakin computer teams is HARD when others are very easy!! I mean I hate to say it but that is BULL why should one team be more aggressive computer wise then another? How does that make the game play fair? I think the computer should be set the same no matter what team you play (like if i'm not mistaken it use to be). I mean when all 4 of roo's players are chasing me or one of there team members always hits and takes the ball and yet some of the other teams i play im lucky if one or two take interest in my lil player who's running around.

I mean if roo is this hard for all it's easy to tell why they have taken alot of other teams. And I really don't think that is a fair way for the AC to be played.

Also for anyone who's read this PLEASE keep in mind i am NOT picking on roo players I'm talking about the gaming system (i'm just playin roo right now so I'm using what i know as the example).

edit: okay so after posting that my next game was easier... so does anyone have any idea how the difficulty rates... Roo is still the downright hardest I have played against and i just dont understand. but seeing as how well roo has done it makes me overly curious.

ImageImageImageImage
Click the eggs above to view all my dragons & help them grow by clicking them.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:31 am 

I don't think it's so much the teams, but the formations they play in. I always have more trouble on 3+1 or 1+3 teams than 2+2 teams, simply because there's a big gap in the middle for shooting. Krawk Island is a really easy team because they're in the 2+2 formation, but they're still the #1 team. I think it's good to choose a team whose formation is 1+3 because that will discourage other players from playing as much because it's not as easy.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:37 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Yes i agree the 3 - 1 was hard.

Tho to think of it even that seems to give that team an advantage doesn't it? (i'm totally not against teams doing well mind you) But it just seems that somehow things should be even for each team. Like the formations should randomly rotate or something... I don't know maybe I'm just sleepy so thinking about it to much...

On another on topic note. yay i got the avatar! (yup i've played every year and just NOW got the ava)

ImageImageImageImage
Click the eggs above to view all my dragons & help them grow by clicking them.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:44 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Ruby, I think the idea of hardness of a team is quite subjective. I did not think RI was that hard to play against, provided you are a player who make few mistakes.
Each team have one or two characterestics, you need to observe them and then try to score around them.
For example, the goalkeeper of Kreludor can sometimes stay horizontal to the ground, which makes it seem that it will be impossible to score. Then Darigan have a wicked right forward - you have to be very quick on their faceoffs. The goalie of Shenkuu has a wicked lateral shift, etc.
Also 2 players of each team basically shoots immediately after receiving the ball - you need to identify them. If only one of the defencemen has that ability, you need to approach their goal from that lane, so that if there is a rebound, you have a chance to steal the ball from the other. Otherwise you would have to go back and retrieve the ball, or have to bring another player in.
In some teams both defenders have that skill, that makes scoring 15 against them difficult if you are not perfect first time.
Also the goalies of different team behave slightly different with different balls, making it difficult to score with certain balls, and easy to score with certain balls. You have to be watchful to those to maximise your scores.
That said I agree that 1+3 teams are harder, and 3+1 team are the hardest - in both cases the middle lane is blocked, so it becomes difficult to score Faerie and Darigan balls. All 2+2 teams are easier, as scoring with any type of ball is just run and shoot, or fake, run and shoot.

I managed to become an All-Star, and now have a healthy 12.5 GPG average with Dasher scoring 6+ (I started the tournament with KI set up as 3+1, so Ealyn has nearly that many goals as Dasher). My next aim is to improve Dashers's GPG to 8+, so he has a better chance towards MVP.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:08 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I'm so pleased at how well Shenkuu did yesterday. Considering when we played Roo in the first round we lost every game, a draw in YYB, loss in SS and win in MSN shows a real improvement.

Of course I imagine in round one we were probably seen as more of a threat, so Roo probably played harder against us, but when I look at the fact that Roo have won sixteen of nineteen rounds of YYB, I'm really proud we got that draw.

In other news, Faerie got another win in YYB!

Regarding certain teams being easier to play against, I actually found Roo one of the easiest. I don't think it's so much that certain teams are set to be more difficult to beat. It's just that they do play differently, and some of the differences will be in areas where you as a player are stronger or weaker. The team I don't like is the one with the really big goalie- can't remember which one that is though!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:24 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Made it to rank 5 with 250 YYB, 40 SS and 140 MSN. Yay.

SK'ers, keep scoring with Grelinek! She's #3 at top goal scorers at the moment, I'd like to keep seeing her there or higher. Home we sweep TM! :P

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:38 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

We swept them last time, and we've been playing better recently than we were then anyway. The only danger is we've just had two pretty difficult matches, so people might take a break today against a relatively easy opponent.

MayEdit: New Split!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10