Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Altador Cup III (2008) - Split 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:22 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Serpens Albus wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Serpens Albus wrote:
(trying to get at least 200 wins a day).
200!?! per DAY?! Wow. I wish I had that kind of time....but then, I have to work...and sleep.

Well, I got 200 wins yesterday, and I even had time to go to the mall.

I've been getting up really early. If I could use the computer whenever I wanted, I could probably get 300+ wins a day easily.

Would be nice. For me, on weekdays, I get up way too early, have a 45 minute (sometimes hour) commute to work where I can't play flash games, then 9 hours later commute home (once again, 45 mins to an hour), cook dinner, eat, and then have household responsibilities - one of the joys of being a married adult with a house of our own. That leaves me with anywhere between 2 and 5 hours of free time, so it's impossible for me to get anymore than 100 or so games in a night...and that's if I'm pushing it. I'm much more content to stick around the 60 games a day goal than lose sleep over it. I'm certain that there are many others in similar situations to mine. Real life, man...it gets in the way of fun sometimes. :P

metalmario, I'm really sorry that people on the neoboards are like that. :( Your team *did* do well last year, and I was expecting it to be close. I think it's going to be a close race for the top slots this year...between Lost Desert, Roo, Krawk, Meridell, and Haunted Woods. But then...anything can happen. :)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:40 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

:oops: A blanket apology to all those offended by my comments about slackers yesterday. You may throw your humiliation fish now. (Back a few pages if you're wondering and care.)

I'm just frustrated by the people who are ranking up on my team by scoring one goal, sticking the ball carrier in the corner and minimizing to play the minimum sending score of slushie slinger while the rest of the game finishes itself. I'm frustrated that these same people are running around the neoboards shouting "IM RANK 15 WHYZ MYE TEAMMM LOOSEING ALLL A TIME???!!!11". No offense to people who are scoring one goal because they hate mutant/snow/darigan Yooyus. Last year I was one of those people. But I practiced until I got better. I'd like to hope I get a few more points because I'm actually doing my best.

(Yeah, I know, stay off the neoboards and stay sane...)

In other news... Shenkuu won! WHOO-HOO!

A wise man once said: "Go Shenkuu!!!"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:54 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

:o I just got the weirdest glitch. I started a game of YYB, and I looked at the bottom yellow words, and they all said "unspecified". And then, when I started the game, all the anouncer Ixi said was "NaN". I started the game, and my team marched out onto the pitch, but no Faerieland team! I got the ball and shot, and it seems like the goalie is there, I just can't see him/her. Has this happened to anyone else?

Edit: And now it's all back to normal...

Set by the amazing Kitten Medli.
Wanna see some of my writing? Click here!

Last edited by Katherine on Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:57 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

kcharles wrote:
:o I just got the weirdest glitch. I started a game of YYB, and I looked at the bottom yellow words, and they all said "unspecified". And then, when I started the game, all the anouncer Ixi said was "NaN". I started the game, and my team marched out onto the pitch, but no Faerieland team! I got the ball and shot, and it seems like the goalie is there, I just can't see him/her. Has this happened to anyone else?

An invisible team!

That....actually sounds hilarious. :lol:

I haven't seen that, but I'd love to, just for the laughs. :)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:09 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I had that once during the practice time. Invisible Jelly opponents! I've got dial-up internet, and I think it didn't load the team data correctly. Freaky, isn't it?

A wise man once said: "Go Shenkuu!!!"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:32 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

:x I keep getting really bad AC lag. It has been going on for 2 days now (probably weekend traffic), but the game will start at normal speed, then it will slow down to a crawl, but the clock counts down at normal speed.

I have restarted the game 4 times now and it is really frustrating.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:49 pm 

Does anyone else notice that if you have the "Games" page of the Altador Cup open, YYB seems to lag? It's really annoying and I can't view my stats and play YYB at the same time.

Pickles wrote:
Would be nice. For me, on weekdays, I get up way too early, have a 45 minute (sometimes hour) commute to work where I can't play flash games, then 9 hours later commute home (once again, 45 mins to an hour), cook dinner, eat, and then have household responsibilities - one of the joys of being a married adult with a house of our own. That leaves me with anywhere between 2 and 5 hours of free time, so it's impossible for me to get anymore than 100 or so games in a night...and that's if I'm pushing it. I'm much more content to stick around the 60 games a day goal than lose sleep over it. I'm certain that there are many others in similar situations to mine. Real life, man...it gets in the way of fun sometimes. :P

Ah, well I'm sorry to hear that. I'm not married, but spending time with my girlfriend does take away from the time I get to play. By some freak coincidence, she's in Kansas until Wednesday, which means I have at least that long completely free. Then I'm going to California for a week. I can't complain, because CA is my home, but it couldn't have come at a more inopportune time. I wake up around 8:30 or 9 to start playing. I try to find something to eat, but there's little ready at hand. Luckily I don't need a lot to keep myself going. But hey, I understand your situation. The only reason I really want to do so well in this tournament is because throughout my three Neopets accounts (one frozen, the other one... lost), I've never participated in these things and so I've never really been successful on NP and had cool stuff like rare painted pets and such.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:18 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Serpens Albus wrote:
Ah, well I'm sorry to hear that. I'm not married, but spending time with my girlfriend does take away from the time I get to play. By some freak coincidence, she's in Kansas until Wednesday, which means I have at least that long completely free. Then I'm going to California for a week. I can't complain, because CA is my home, but it couldn't have come at a more inopportune time. I wake up around 8:30 or 9 to start playing. I try to find something to eat, but there's little ready at hand. Luckily I don't need a lot to keep myself going. But hey, I understand your situation. The only reason I really want to do so well in this tournament is because throughout my three Neopets accounts (one frozen, the other one... lost), I've never participated in these things and so I've never really been successful on NP and had cool stuff like rare painted pets and such.
Heh, I'm really not complaining(much :P ), just commenting that you're lucky to have so much free time, and that I'm a bit envious - but aside from my job, the rest of my life is pretty good. Heck, once we get all the chores done, my husband sits down and plays on his Neo account at the same time - and this year, he's determined to keep up with me. :P

Plots and things like this are awesome in that usually, the more effort you put in, the better reward. The last two years, there has been a p/b that you can win, and if you keep up scoring so much, you're likely to earn enough prize points to get it - and other valuable items.

As far as lag...I've not seen any so far with any of the games. Maybe I'm just lucky...?

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:27 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I haven't seen too much lag either. Any lag I get I assume is because this computer is extremely slow. :P I've decided my goal is to get at least the same number of games I did last year, which will be tricky since I have a lot more going on right now. :P

I've calculated it and based on what I have so far, in comparison to what I did last year. I need to do: 16 YYB, 1 SS, and 9 MSN games a day for the remainder of the tournament. It seems like a lot to me, but when I see how much other people are doing I think I might be able to manage it. Especially if I can go beyond that on some days. :)

Set by Moogie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:13 pm 

It only lags when I'm on the Games/Stats page. Maybe it's because I have Windows Media Player open at the same, but as long as I'm not on the Stats page, the games are fine.

I'm trying to enjoy these teenage years while I can. I'm sure you all did the same when you had so much time. After California, I'll probably be getting a job. Not that it's a bad thing, because I really need something to do all day, but there's that loss of free time. Luckily I don't let school weigh me down much, so when it starts again, I won't be too bad.

Hey, Pickles, in your post about ranks, you said that you had 2,100 points, which was enough for "the top prize and then some," but I looked on thedailyneopets.com, and there were prizes worth waaaay above 2,000. Did you simply mean that you had enough for the level 20 shield, or am I missing something?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:50 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Just got my first 12-0, woo. Getting better. Slowly.

Apparantly you can now get 1200 free neopoints daily for sending Burger King cards, instead of 750. Except actually you get 0, because it doesn't work yet.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:43 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

kcharles wrote:

Edit: And now it's all back to normal...

I got that against HW once, reloaded and it went back to normal. Very odd.

This game is pretty buggy, isn't it? You have:
  • players walking off the field
  • players going backwards (right defenders in particular)
  • players going at warp speed or super slow
  • disappearing scores

You'd think they'd have ironed out more wrinkles before they put it out, as it only comes once a year. To be fair, most are just minor annoyances and not total deal-breakers (except for the disappearing scores), but still... :shrug:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:48 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Pickles wrote:
Same thing happens to me - usually with snows, but sometimes also with normals (and almost always with mutants). Sometimes I wonder if it's that I'm not starting from the same position, thus angling the shot wrong....other times, I swear, the goalie all the sudden gets SUPERGOOD at blocking that one particular ball. o_O

Yes, the goalie becomes sort of a super-goalie (i.e. has a faster lateral shifting) if he blocks two or three shots from each side. Also, your player loses the ability to make sharper turns if you use it repeatedly with the snow ball.
Apart from redoing the angles, it is always better to bring a separate player into picture and try scoring by it.
If you still do not succeed, expert players can try a different strategy. Keep a player near one of the posts, but outside the penalty box. Use another player to run a breakaway, and approaching the goal from the other side. The idea is to pass from the breakaway player to the waiting player, and shoot diagonally, but you have to be quick passing and shooting with different players. While passing, pass ahead of the waiting player, so he can intercept and shoot in one motion. In most of the time you will not be able to pull this, but you will do on occasions (however, if you pull this, after that you will feel so great that you will miss the next few shots even with fire yooyu)
Lastly, you can always score in your end if you really miss the angry techo.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:54 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Serpens Albus wrote:
Hey, Pickles, in your post about ranks, you said that you had 2,100 points, which was enough for "the top prize and then some," but I looked on thedailyneopets.com, and there were prizes worth waaaay above 2,000. Did you simply mean that you had enough for the level 20 shield, or am I missing something?

I had enough for the top shield (and then some), but notice the bolded/italicized part below. :) Top prize was 25,000 prize points.
Pickles wrote:
Last year, my stats were:
Goals: 17,356
YYB Wins: 2,000
SS: 150
MSN: 750

With that, I got 27,714 points at the prize shop. I'm not sure how they do it, but I think the goals must've counted somehow...
Probably the ratio of goals per game X gravitation difference between Neopia and Kreludor dependent on if the Space station is nearby or not + number of games played... :P

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:02 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I also hope goals count somehow. Did someone see any analysis on the plot points and goals scored? If not, and if you remember your plot points, can you please post it and your YYB goals, wins/draws and play counts in other games.
Also overall rank if you think some scores were below cut-offs.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next