Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:40 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Altador Cup III (2008) - Split 2
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:58 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Quote:
Welcome to the third annual Altador Cup! The Altador Cup pits sixteen Yooyuball teams, representing lands from all over Neopia, against each other in a quest to prove their honour and test their skill. Choose a team, and help your favourite land make Neopian history.

Altador Cup III - Main Page
Supporter Sets for PPT by Pixa
Yooyuball Tips, Hints, and Strategies
Points and Rank Levels

Previous Thread

Post subject: Re: Altador Cup III (2008) - Split 2
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:11 pm 

Pickles wrote:
Definitely SS is now 1 point for every 2 games.

Ah, fantastic. ^.^
I've just confirmed my guess that MSN is worth 1 point every 12 games, too. With the above information, I worked my SS tally up to 20 so it would be worth 10 points and finished 135 YYB games, so I had 145 points just from them. Then I worked up from 50 games in MSN, checking my stats page after every score sent, and it didn't roll my Level over to 3 until I'd gotten my 60th.

sid_basu4243 wrote:
I am pretty sure there is a cut-off for MSN score. I got 199 YYB wins, and was at rank 3. Then I sent 17 MSN scores each below 1000 - that did not increase my rank. Then I sent another 15 scores of MSN, now all between 1800 and 2500 - Again did not increase my rank. Finally I sent another 15 MSN scores - this time all above 3300 - and got rank 4!

Yikes. ^.^; That's something to consider, then. Thank you for posting the info here. ^.^
(I can't contribute a SS cut-off point, because I haven't ever sent a score less than 500. ^.^; )

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:42 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I don't think I'll make it to level 14 like last year :(

It's just too hard on the wrists.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:45 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Wow, Shenkuu managed a three-way draw. That's pretty good, considering who our opponent was. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:47 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Good for us on the 3-way draw, but Haunted Woods is hard. Zo is very fast, and their 1+3 formation puts him right in front of the yooyu. Also, it is very unforgiving if you miss the goal and need to loop back (like for the mutant yooyu), and for the faerie yooyu that has you running straight for the goal to make the shot.

@smudge- I think the game is a bit more like jai-alai than lacrosse with the arm guards. A team version of jai-alai using a football court.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:04 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Ugh I didn't realize that every opponent team had a default positioning. LD (my team) is 2/2 which is the formation that I thrive at scoring AGAINST. So I can't help but complain that they made beating LD (and whoever else has 2/2) too easy. I think it should be like last year: the opponent picks the same formation you did. I HATE having a big stupid player in my way in the middle of the back row. It completely throws off my scoring strategy from last year. I'd be getting 10+ goals per game if it had stayed the same. Now I'm sending some as low as 5 because I just can't get used to it. Last year my lowest sent score was 7 out of nearly 600 wins if that puts it into perspective...

RANT ASIDE.... Go LD! Our first sweep of the game, against a pretty good team. :) My sent scores are laughably bad, though... I had a full month of summer with no school, and right as summer school starts up the Cup starts (Figures...). That plus work equals only 12 games sent (TOTAL, omg...) :lol: AND I'm leaving the state this weekend, so there goes any hope of catching up. Curse you TNT and your conspiracy to plan things craptacularly around my schedule! (Wow, new rant... sorry!) Go LD!!

Edit: Hmm, the top 5 teams from last year are ALL 2/2... is that TNT's way of "evening things out"? Guh. Sorry if this was already discussed, I haven't had a lot of free time to read the splits of this thread.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:24 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Finally got the avvie. That's it for me for now. Playing against HW is extremely frustrating!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:38 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Altador lost at Yooyuball but drew in Slushie Slinger and Make Some Noise... good for us! We are the underdog team, after all....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:38 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

IDEA!!! :D

I was having a lot of trouble against the 1+3 formation myself, until I started letting the opposing team take the faceoff. Once they have posession, it's easy to steal and run into the now-empty backfield to score. Theoretically, I suppose, you are wasting a couple seconds on each goal so you won't make your perfect 15, but it brought my score from an average of 4 to an average of 11 against this formation. Hope this helps someone else!

A wise man once said: "Go Shenkuu!!!"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:53 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I just got my first 13 - 0 win against Faerieland. :)

I started off really badly against FL, it does seem that are slightly harder to score against, but once I re-adjusted, I can now do 10,11 scores with an average of about 7.

I use the 1 + 3 formation - Layton Vickles (Left Forward) runs between the oppostion Forwards and grabs the ball first. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:16 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

veritablegoddess wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Definitely SS is now 1 point for every 2 games.

So how does that work out with the tournament points? Does that stay the same (I think someone stated that the equation was YYB:1, SS:0.25 and MSN:0.15 and a draw being half of a win), or will this also be affected?

Although I guess there's no real way of checking.. just curious :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:45 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I haven't played against any team with a 2+2 formation YET. Maybe that's why I've been having trouble.

Really wish the Yooyus had been completely random during practice, like they were last year, THEN once the games actually start, apply the "no trick Yooyus until 4+ goals have been scored" rule. If that is in fact what they're doing. I'm finally getting to see more Faerie and Darigan Yooyus, but usually by the time I do there's not enough time to "practice" playing with them. Can't line up a shot with either one of those in under 10 seconds.

That's too bad, because once I got enough practice with the Darigan ball last year, it actually became one of my favorite ones to use. Even though it takes a little longer to line up the shot with one, it was easier to get the goalie out of the way because of the odd angle.

Oh well, different sig, thanks to the lovely person linked in the first post. With a little extra hidden thing that will practically guarantee to put me in a good mood no matter how the tournament goes. :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:33 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
Well, I've played 15 games of Yooyuball so far and I'm averaging 4 goals a game. I'm pretty happy with that :) The one thing that I find frustrating about the game is that the opposing team can move all four players (except the goal) at the same time.

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:46 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Something that has bugged me since last night, why does the game show the Maraquan players with feet and running when it is known they don't and is shown that they don't in the posing after goals. Just something to ponder.

PS: Thanks to FIFA '08 for the 360, I call out 'Passes to Beckham' whenever the ball goes towards my favorite player. :oops:

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:35 pm 

Skynetmain wrote:
Something that has bugged me since last night, why does the game show the Maraquan players with feet and running when it is known they don't and is shown that they don't in the posing after goals. Just something to ponder.

PS: Thanks to FIFA '08 for the 360, I call out 'Passes to Beckham' whenever the ball goes towards my favorite player. :oops:

For the same reason that the game looks like soccer when you're playing it, but jai-alai when you have the flashbulb moments after a goal.

Because nobody thought about it ;)

As an aside, I'm not allowed to complain about gameplay anymore: I just had an a 11-0 game.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next