Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:43 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Altador Cup III (2008) - Split 1
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:33 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Chivewarrior wrote:
smudgeoffudge wrote:
I feel kind of silly asking this, but if I say, score 3-1 or something and submit my score, am I esentually scoring a point for the other team if I submit, even if I beat them and it is only one point?

According to the rules, the points you score for your team are based on the difference between your score and the opposing team's score.

They've also said that even if you tie or lose you're still earning points for your team (in the editorial).
Although I'm not sure how they can do that and also have the competition not be affected by the size of each team (which they said in the same editorial)

Honestly I'd be a lot happier if they just released the scoring algorithms.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:14 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I am pretty sure there is a cut-off for MSN score. I got 199 YYB wins, and was at rank 3. Then I sent 17 MSN scores each below 1000 - that did not increase my rank. Then I sent another 15 scores of MSN, now all between 1800 and 2500 - Again did not increase my rank. Finally I sent another 15 MSN scores - this time all above 3300 - and got rank 4!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:19 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

B55B55 wrote:
Chivewarrior wrote:
smudgeoffudge wrote:
I feel kind of silly asking this, but if I say, score 3-1 or something and submit my score, am I esentually scoring a point for the other team if I submit, even if I beat them and it is only one point?

According to the rules, the points you score for your team are based on the difference between your score and the opposing team's score.

They've also said that even if you tie or lose you're still earning points for your team (in the editorial).
Although I'm not sure how they can do that and also have the competition not be affected by the size of each team (which they said in the same editorial)

Honestly I'd be a lot happier if they just released the scoring algorithms.

I *think* that the one included in the instructions might be more accurate .

You are referring to an editorial released last year (or two years ago), right? They could have changed the score mechanism. After all, they've changed it once before by adding in the two sub-games.

But are you sure you've got the words down correctly? If I can still earn points by losing, then I can 'earn points' by leaving the window open and wandering elsewhere... which doesn't quite make sense. I believe there's an editorial that said that sending in losses would not negatively affect the team status though, nothing about gaining points.

As for the size of each team... I've always thought that they use a rounded 'no. of goals per person' to calculate the scores. If that's the case, then the size of the team would matter. Still, the score mechanisms are always worth a look.

Last edited by TDG on Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
New thread: http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=36686

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10