Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Altador Cup III
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:18 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Daze wrote:
Found an animated guide for the game if anyone is interested:

http://www.neopets.com/~AgentPen007_2001

Thanks a million for that link, Daze. Looks like a lot of work went into it. Having never played the Cup or Yooyuball before, I think I'm going to be gratefull for this one. :)

EDIT: *sigh* Still, even having read that guide, and knowing the controls, I can not for the life of me keep my players from pretty much cluelessly running around the field, and shooting the ball in all directions except the goal. o_O

Anyone willing to give a new Lost Desert supporter a little hand?

ImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:51 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

argh, im so bummed, it's been taking forever for it to load so I'm going to try and play the new version tomorrow.
:(
I can't wait until I can get my shiny trophy after participating though :D

set by Sakura

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:23 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

pardona_ii wrote:

EDIT: *sigh* Still, even having read that guide, and knowing the controls, I can not for the life of me keep my players from pretty much cluelessly running around the field, and shooting the ball in all directions except the goal. o_O

Anyone willing to give a new Lost Desert supporter a little hand?
Frustrating, but the best thing to do is practice. It takes a little while to get used to how to score.

Try to remember if you shoot straight at the goalie he'll save it. Except for the mutant, darigan and faerie yooyus, you have to shoot at an angle, as the guide says. Basically just try and follow the 'U' shape that guide suggests.

What you could consider doing while you're practising is just focus on scoring with the normal and fire yooyus, and if you get any others just move out the way so the practice team scores with them. Once you've got the hang of those, start practising with the rest, one at a time, always going back to the guide to check how you should work each one. I actually played that way for much of last year, any time I got a mutant or darigan yooyu I just moved the goalie to one side and let the other team score so I could concentrate on the ones I knew I could score with. I still won most of my games that way and I found it a bit less frustrating.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:35 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Happy to see the sets still being used. Yay. :P Though erm... Lost Desert is pretty ugly. Perhaps I will alter it. It was never my favourite. xD *looks over the rest of them*

I decided to go for Roo Island this year, because the players seemed pretty cute.

Click the wonderful signature. You know you want to.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:41 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Quote:
*sigh* Still, even having read that guide, and knowing the controls, I can not for the life of me keep my players from pretty much cluelessly running around the field, and shooting the ball in all directions except the goal.

I felt the same way once, but gradually got use to it.

I play with a finger on the Shift key and one on the mouse. I do not use any other keys.

You can either take the ball from the start or let the opposition take it, then intercept it ( move your player into the other to grab ball and keep going).

If you lose the ball - leave the player and take another player from further down the field to intercept and gather the ball. Use Shift to return players to position, so you keep a clear field to play in.

While in practice, don't worry so much about scoring but get use to moving 1 player around the field and keeping the ball. If you see the opposition coming, then turn in another direction then turn back to your original route - the ball is only lost if they bump into you.

Once you can control one player around the field, start leaving 1 player near the goal and using him to pass the ball to.

Remember shift is your friend. Being too cluttered is not good.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:53 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

What Yooyu balls have not been made? I was thinking that if there was a desert one, it would move by slowly growing smaller, as if it is made of sand and loosing sand (sort of how a ball made of sand would work I think ). Then if there was a tyrannian one it would shed everywhere and leave hair trails on the ground to slow people down. Or it would give them fleas or something.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:57 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

smudgeoffudge wrote:
What Yooyu balls have not been made? I was thinking that if there was a desert one, it would move by slowly growing smaller, as if it is made of sand and loosing sand (sort of how a ball made of sand would work I think ). Then if there was a tyrannian one it would shed everywhere and leave hair trails on the ground to slow people down. Or it would give them fleas or something.

{imagines hair all over the court and giggles}
They could do a ghost ball, that's almost impossible to see...
Or a ball made out of feathers (mystery island/lutari island) that is extremely light
Or a ball made out of Kreludite....

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:58 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Yay to JellyNeo -- they have a guide on how to shrink the game screen. I found it MUCH easier to play YYB in an 800x600 window. :)

HA! Meepit Yooyu... whoever catches it gets their face bitten off!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:00 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I like the idea of the ghost ball...well like and hate...
It would be great if you had it and knew how to use it though, and the other team had trouble seeing it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:02 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

smudgeoffudge wrote:
I like the idea of the ghost ball...well like and hate...
It would be great if you had it and knew how to use it though, and the other team had trouble seeing it.

Heh. I put it in tiny font as to not give TNT any ideas if they're lurking.
I can see benefits to it, but it could be very difficult to deal with.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:12 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

For Maraqua how about a bubble ball that would randomly pop then reform?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:33 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Matrinka wrote:
Yay to JellyNeo -- they have a guide on how to shrink the game screen. I found it MUCH easier to play YYB in an 800x600 window. :)

There is now an option to choose the size. Either 1024x748 or 768x561 (bottom right corner of the Yooyuball game box). :)

smudgeoffudge wrote:
For Maraqua how about a bubble ball that would randomly pop then reform?
What if it just floats off into oblivion instead? :evil:

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:07 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I like the 3-D graphics very much and decided to join KI as we defeated them last year.
Some changes I noticed are -
a) The face-offs are easier this year. I can now win 95% of my face-offs
b) My goalie can move very fast, even as fast as the fire yooyu. So, I will even try some goal-tending also.
c) And no more flying goalie after 9. I got my first 10-goal in practice. Last time it was only during the finals. And even the scores do not remain stuck at 9 anymore. Yay!

Guess that makes simpler to achieve my 500-goal/day objective. Only issue I still have is that I cannot retrieve the ball from the lower touchline. Any help?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:46 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

gingernut wrote:
I know it could change, but last year am I right in thinking the top shield required 2000 games of YYB? Which is about 56 games a day? Yikes!

Is that right? 56 games a day for the top shield? (assuming that the scoring stays the same as last year) I would really like to know how many games a day it would take. I know I'll never make that many, but I'm following the philosophy of "if you want to punch someone in the face, aim for the back of the head" So that even falling short of the top score, I'll still get a lot of points and be able to afford good prizes.

I like the way the new game has the actual players in it. But the sizes bug me a bit. My screen resolution is 1024 x 768 but using that game size the very bottom of the field is cut off, and if the ball ends up down there I can't get it. Yet the 768 x 567 size feels too small to me. I guess I'll get used to it. It just seems they made poor choices in deciding the game sizes.

And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:41 am 
PPT God
PPT God

56 games a day will take close to 3 hours by my calculation, I suppose it's doable but I sure won't do it XD.

My best score so far is 11-0, I'm pretty happy with how I've been scoring as of late and I think Altador is gonna do great :D

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next