Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:13 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Altador Cup III
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:17 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I thought they were all the same last year.

I'm up to about 5-0, I'm going to keep practicing until I can get 9-0, then stop. I HATE the snow yooyu! So far haven't seen Faerie, Darigan or Clockwork.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:54 am 

I have to choose from Maraqua, Darigan or Shenkuu..... (or maybe Kreludor o_O ) man T^T i dunno

JOIN THE MCRmy!!!
i like:
JubJubs & Grundos

wahaha! SasuSaku fan! xD (even if it probably will never happen =P)
-please excuse the fanfiction.net freak.
MY PROFILE XD -----> http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1553844/

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:38 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I'm at 2-0... I'm finding it very hard to get a goal... keep missing and hitting the goal posts or throwing too early and getting blocked (but defense is ok) more practice I guess.
So far I've only encountered the normal, fire and snow yooyus. My games look like football (soccer) matches :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:41 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I was only getting snow, fire and normal for ages, then suddenly it changed and I started getting a proper mix. Weird.

I'm stuck at 7-0. I think I've made a goal with every yooyu but the clockwork one, what I'm struggling with is doing it in the first or second try.

I think the Darigan yooyu is a bit harder to shoot with now, because I used to know where to shoot from by the pitch layout, and there isn't a marking in the relevant place.

ETA Whew, made my 9-0! I've heard there's no super goalie after 9-0 this year, so it's possible to get more than that, but I think I'll leave it there for the moment, and just play the odd game before Tuesday.

A couple of tips that may or may not be obvious:
- I realised I was always waiting for the other team to get the yooyu first, and that you don't have to do that! If you get it first, it's a lot quicker scoring a goal.
-I got a weird glitch where the practice team stayed in 3-1 formation no matter what I did, and having to negotiate them in a different formation (I normally play 2-2) made me realise I needed to be shooting at a steeper angle. So maybe it helps to play around with the different formations a bit.

ETA2 Ok, I am going to stop now, but just had to check out the super goalie thing, and it's true, the goalie doesn't change after 9 goals. Also it seems maybe I wasn't on a glitch, and the practice team formation is just random.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:48 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Goooood generic time of day, PPTers. :D Yay for the return of the Cup! And a big shout out to all the Rooligans. Think this will be our year? Yeah, of course it will. :hug:

Neopets Premium invites - PM or neomail me! (Please?) :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:54 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Choose Darigan this year.

I am slowly getting the hang of the new game. The players don't seem to hang onto the ball or catch the ball as well as they did before.

I am scoring at the average of about 4 - 0, but hopefully should get better before the game starts.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:59 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

gingernut wrote:
Kind of sad they released the same backgrounds as last year.
Actually, the backgrounds are different. I think the ones last year have the word "Team" in them, and the flags are different (updated color design - this year's is split diagonally instead of straight across).

I really, really hope that the opponents teams match whatever formation you choose, but I've got this sinking feeling they won't. We might seriously have to come up with strategies for each different team. That'll be a mess...

I like how all the players actually act differently. It'll make for an interesting year...

I hope they don't make it harder to get the top shield. I *might* be able to pull off 2000+ points again, depending. It looks this is going to run straight through my sis's wedding, so I'll probably be out for a couple days. At least this time, I'll be ready, and try to spread things out more evenly (instead of trying to push to make it the last week).

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:24 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I like the new YYB. It seems a little slower now though to score. I'm kinda getting tired of playing YYB though... not good :lol:

Pickles, I'm kinda thinking that whatever formation the team is known for will be the formation they'll have when we face them, so MQ and HW will have 1+3 and MI will have 3+1. I think it takes the same effort as randomizing them like the Practice team so I see it happening.

As for a team I'm not set on any yet, I'm thinking RI but the Grarrl makes me mad when I try to score with him lol He's kinda slow to me

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:30 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

warxelo wrote:
I like the new YYB. It seems a little slower now though to score. I'm kinda getting tired of playing YYB though... not good :lol:

Pickles, I'm kinda thinking that whatever formation the team is known for will be the formation they'll have when we face them, so MQ and HW will have 1+3 and MI will have 3+1. I think it takes the same effort as randomizing them like the Practice team so I see it happening.

I'm not set on a team yet, I'm thinking RI but the Grarrl makes me amd when I try to score with him lol

Ooh, good point. I guess I'd better get used to practicing with all the formations against mine, then. (I prefer 2-2).

I haven't had too much trouble with the Grarrl...but then, I haven't really played enough this year to figure out each character's nuances. I'm already committed, though, team spirit and all. :)

Edit: Just realized something! I won't hafta be bugging people to find out what team won each day while I'm at work! Woo! Yeah for remote desktop!! :D (thanks again to those awesome people who were nice and ended my curiosity by letting me know as soon as they were posted!)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:58 pm 

Gotta go with my Roos again this year.
I do like what they did with the game. Looks fantastic. A bit more of a challenge.
Not to mention we can see individual players.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:26 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

im gunna go with shenkuu again this year :D
so glad the game is up now

*waddles off*

set by Sakura

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Found an animated guide for the game if anyone is interested:

http://www.neopets.com/~AgentPen007_2001

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:21 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

warxelo wrote:
Wouldn't that make it a bit unfair though? I don't know how many people go on 2+2, but personally I find it a LOT easier when scoring with the more difficult yooyus- darigan, faerie etc.

... so if I'm playing a team in 1+3 formation, but they're playing my team in 2+2 formation, even if I'm just as good as they are I'd expect them to do a bit better. Unless there's a very even spread of people preferring each formation, it would affect results.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:47 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I have a question about this, since I haven't played the cup before. When I start the game for real, will I be playing other players or against a computer?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:48 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

smudgeoffudge wrote:
I have a question about this, since I haven't played the cup before. When I start the game for real, will I be playing other players or against a computer?

Against a computer. :) The team will change per day, based on who your team is against.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next