Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Return of Dr Sloth Plot prizes
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:48 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Rakumel wrote:
So...just so we're clear....the whatsit that can transform your pet into a robot, I understand it can't be sold or traded, but it also CANNOT be sent to a side account, correct?

*braces for shred of hope to be crushed*

That is correct.

They're hinting they'll have the pound back up soon though, and I personally suspect they'll include a secure transfer option this time. If you cannot bring the zapper to the pet, you may soon be able to bring the pet to the zapper.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:55 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Okay, so far I've got:
Ylana's blaster (I had around 48k - just too little to buy another one, darn it!)
Singularity plushie
and How to Break Codes and Influence Plot Events.

Is it worth getting a few more copies of the higher priced book or going for a collection of the smaller ones?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:04 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Bought my prizes and put the them in my SDB to be forgotten or accidentally sold before i mean to sell them heh. I'm hoping the Y. Blaster ends up being a good investment in the end I got two of them and I've never 'invested' in anything before so i have high hopes!

ImageImageImageImage
Click the eggs above to view all my dragons & help them grow by clicking them.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:41 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Just plugged some rough figures for reasonable current prices of the plot prizes into an excel spreadsheet to work out how many NP you get for each plot point spent per item. Hopefully it'll be useful to some of you :)

Code:
Item   Plot Points   NP   NP / Plot Point
Leftover Scrap Metal   5   50   10.000
Series Of Tubes   10   10   1.000
Duplicate Space Faerie Token Keyring   25   150   6.000
The Sounds Of Vacuum   50   100   2.000
Code Symbol Dice Set   100   150   1.500
Garoo Elite Patrol Handbook   500   5000   10.000
Space Faerie Lip Balm   500   3000   6.000
Hydroslothic Acid Toothpaste   795   5000   6.289
E-Z Brand Acidifier Play Set   999   10000   10.010
Singularity Plushie   1000   8000   8.000
Sightseeing On The Virtupets Space Station   1000   9500   9.500
Yurbot Bobblehead   1000   8500   8.500
Singrowlarity Brand Singularity Farm For Kids   1200   9500   7.917
Fire Extinguisher Of Diversion   1500   9500   6.333
Evil Genius Portrait Kit   1500   10000   6.667
Xarthab And Zorlix Bobblehead   1500   13500   9.000
The Art Of Grundo Diplomacy   2000   15000   7.500
Garoo Elite Wind-Up Toy   2000   15000   7.500
Commander Valka Plushie   2000   15000   7.500
Ylana Skyfire Action Figure   3000   20000   6.667
Miniature Gorix Spaceship   3000   20000   6.667
Parlax Plushie   4000   30000   7.500
How To Break Codes And Influence Plot Events   4000   30000   7.500
Control Rod Apparatus   5000   25000   5.000
Resistance Honor Badge   5000   27500   5.500
Resistance Headquarters Background   6000   25000   4.167
Melting Test Station Background   8000   30000   3.750
Resistance Battle Visor   10000   57500   5.750
Exceptionally Tiny Laser Cannon   12500   45000   3.600
Buzzler   20000   50000   2.500
Ylanas Blaster   25000   750000   30.000
One-Use Robotification Zappermajig   45000   0   0.000

Obviously, prices are subject to change n whatnot, and these are by no means definitive prices, I refreshed the SW about 5 times for each n rounded down.

*Updated 5th April*

Last edited by Phlameseeker on Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:56 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Phlameseeker, you are my hero. :hug:
I was going to do that later today, and now I don't need to!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:39 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

You're welcome pickles :) Call it payback for the WC spreadsheet :P

Post subject: Re: teh Return of Dr Sloth Plot prizes
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:38 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Phlameseeker wrote:
metalmario wrote:
If anyone's selling their blaster, I'm looking to buy (for my set, I'm not reselling). I'll pay 700k to anyone looking for a quick sale :) My only request is that we do it through a 1hr private neofriend-only auction though. TP is too glitchy for comfort.

I was in the same boat - keep trying, I spent most of yesterday afternoon refreshing the newest Ylanas Blaster trades and the Trade Chat, NMing anyone who asked a reasonable price. Finally got an answer and got mine for 675k ^^

I got glitch-slapped by the TP. I was trying to get one of the Blasters, and the guy took someone else's offer and I never got my np back. I am sooooo steamed. :x

I am hoping that TNT can help me out, but so far no word from them. By the time I get back my np (if ever) the blaster'll probably be selling for 1Mil NP or more... :(

Razamatazamo misses being a Fuzio!
CyberTrini
Neopian since 5/5/2000
...and yes, I have joined Twin Skies. Have you?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:55 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

The blaster SHOULD become more expensive as time passes by, so try not to sell it. I sold my blaster for 800K and bought it back for 770K, and made 30K out of it. The plot prizes guide is a good way to find which items to get.

Valrigard the Draik
Neopets username: lord_valrigard

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:43 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Picked up the only two things I really wanted- the bobbleheads! :D Still not sure what I want to do with the rest of my points- maybe get some books as investment, a few more toys.

I'm on the fence about buying the blaster- I have the np's but I don't battle that often or that much (just for DoN and plots)...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:07 pm 

I think it's very unlikely that Yvanas Blaster gets downgraded. TNT seems to have very deliberately positioned it between the 11 iconers and the 13 iconers, and deliberately made it so everyone would buy this if they want something to resell. They made the top prize untradeable, and the next prize after the blaster is an R88 petpet (buzzler) that was selling for under 10k before people foolishly started hoarding it thinking it was a retired plot prize.

Plot prize weapons normally are so rare that they inflate at some point beyond their value in the battledome. I think they wanted to make these common enough to bring down prices a bit. So instead of making it the top prize they made it affordable so many people can get them or even 2 of them.

If it were sufficiently rare, like a top prize, Yvanas Blaster would have sold for around 3.5 M pretty quickly. As it is, there are a lot of them out there, and it may take some time for them to rise, but I expect they'll still be over 1M before too long.

The 13 icon weapons, which had been selling for around 4M, BOD/WOR, are ones anyone has about a 50/50 chance of getting one of them by completing NQII on insane. That's difficult, but not that much harder than doing one of these plots. Considering how long that's been out there, you can still do it, there should be a pretty good supply of them out there too--they just weren't dumped on the market all at once.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:55 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I got a Ylanas Blaster, which I'll probably put in my battledome set for now.

I also got one of each of the backgrounds and books. I decided to pick up a Space Faerie keychain and lipbalm too. These prizes weren't really anything I wanted, but the backgrounds and books will have good resale value later on.

That leaves me with like, 285 points.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:15 am 
PPT God
PPT God

From the latest editorial:

Quote:
Dearest TNT, why does the One-Use Robotification Zappermajig have a no trade clause? Could this change in the future? Please tell me this is some sort of April Fool's joke. I realize some people would be thrilled to change their Neopet to a robot, but there are others like myself who have no interest... unless it was for a avatar. WELL... speak up! Happy Neotrails. ~aesopcheryl
You guys would have loved to hear the office debates we had regarding that little zapper! We've repeatedly told everyone that there is no robot paint brush, so we couldn't suddenly very well make one. The robot colour has always been something very special, available only to those that have a lot of luck and access to the Secret Lab Ray. We also couldn't think of anything else painting-wise that would go along with the Dr. Sloth plot so well as a robot pb, though. D: That's why we came up with the zapper. To keep the exclusive ideals of the robot colour, however, we decided to make it no trade. That way, only those who put huge amounts of effort into the plot would be rewarded with the rare colour. If you're one of those dedicated Neopians, but not interested in the robot colour, then you are more than welcome to spend your prize points on any of the other nice prizes that can be kept or sold. :)

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:42 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Matrinka wrote:
From the latest editorial:

Quote:
Dearest TNT, why does the One-Use Robotification Zappermajig have a no trade clause? Could this change in the future? Please tell me this is some sort of April Fool's joke. I realize some people would be thrilled to change their Neopet to a robot, but there are others like myself who have no interest... unless it was for a avatar. WELL... speak up! Happy Neotrails. ~aesopcheryl
You guys would have loved to hear the office debates we had regarding that little zapper! We've repeatedly told everyone that there is no robot paint brush, so we couldn't suddenly very well make one. The robot colour has always been something very special, available only to those that have a lot of luck and access to the Secret Lab Ray. We also couldn't think of anything else painting-wise that would go along with the Dr. Sloth plot so well as a robot pb, though. D: That's why we came up with the zapper. To keep the exclusive ideals of the robot colour, however, we decided to make it no trade. That way, only those who put huge amounts of effort into the plot would be rewarded with the rare colour. If you're one of those dedicated Neopians, but not interested in the robot colour, then you are more than welcome to spend your prize points on any of the other nice prizes that can be kept or sold. :)

Pretty close to what I posted (on page 1) as what the reason would be:
Quote:
I think TNT did not want to make a Robot Paintbrush - it is Lab colour only. If they made the gun tradable it would become unbuyable in an instant - people would hoard them and only sell them for millions.

This way - it is obtainable and usable by the person who has points to buy it and it doesn't interfere with the Neopian economy or the rarity of the paint job.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:04 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I hate the way that question was worded, because it made everyone who wanted to move their zapper to a side account look like shady types with greedy ulterior motives. The only reason I wanted to buy the zapper in the first place was because I wanted an actual Robot pet, for keeps. I'm almost never on the Neoboards, so I don't care about a frikkin' avatar - the one with Hoban's probably the only one I'll ever use unless they make one with an even more poignant and awesome reference - and I definitely don't intend to resell it or give it away. I'd have bought and used it by now, except I don't have any more room on my main account, which is the only one I can legally use to complete a plot, correct?

Yes, I realize that there's no way for TNT to detect individual intentions over the Internet, and I have no doubt that people would abuse it if the zapper was sellable. I know full well they're doing the smart thing. That doesn't make me any happier with the decision, though.

And so help me, if the pound opens back up and I lose one of my oldest pets in a transfer trying to get a Robot pet, that'll be the absolute last straw. Inflation is too high now and I'm not online often enough to make the NP needed to start over.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:10 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Rakumel wrote:
The only reason I wanted to buy the zapper in the first place was because I wanted an actual Robot pet, for keeps. I'm almost never on the Neoboards, so I don't care about a frikkin' avatar

Wait, I'm confused. Is there actually an avvie associated with having a robot pet? (avatar.starried.net's been down, so I couldn't check there.) My lab pet got zapped to Meerca about a month ago (one of the ugliest pets, in my opinion), but she got changed to robot about 2 weeks ago. I had no idea that was really rare, and I've still been zapping her hoping she'd change species. But if I can get an avvie from the color, I may as well do that before she changes again. And if anyone really wanted a roboMeerca (I don't know why you would, but to each his own), I'd be willing to adopt her out if the pound came back up. That's where I got her, anyway.

On-topic: I won't be getting the robot-zapper, but the blaster sounds pretty good -- it'd be a definite upgrade to my set. The question is, should I waste almost all my points to get two (hoarding one until prices go up a lot) or should I spread out my points and get some of the books and such? I guess I've got plenty of time to see how prices stabilize. (My other plot books are just in my SDB unread, anyway.)

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next