Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 299 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Return of Dr. Sloth [Split 10]
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:47 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Quote:
Okay, I am thoroughly lost. Even the splits on PPT are disorganized and uber-confusing for me.

For the rods, you want to place the curved part of your rod just outside of the smallest white dot, which should end up about 10-15 pixels away from the main white squiggly. For the acid step, here's the formula I got from someone earlier in the board. (I think it was AySz, but I don't recall, so my apologies if I got the wrong person.)

First, select the acid that's next to your name. (I will have the chart below.) Then, multiply the volume of the solution by the decimal version of the percentage you have next to your name. (For instance, if the volume was 4.2, and you had a %16 acid, you'd multiply 4.2 x .16 . And if you have a solution that's less than %10, don't forget to add a zero before the number. {For instance, %2 would be .02}) Finally, you multiply the resulting number by 1000, and type in the final number into the typing box, then hit the lock symbol. (In this example, you'd do 4.2 x .16, resulting in .672. Then you'd multiply by 1000, giving you a final number of 672.)

This is the chart of the acids, in the order you'd see them on the screen.

Quote:
1=hydro, 2=trans, 3=mer, 4=fluor, 5= cyano,
6=pern, 7=zafa, 8=tikio 9=xwee, 10=ox

liter number x .percentage x 1000=number

The singularity test is a bit trickier. With the first dot, place it at 0,0 on the grid. After it turns white, the number that appears underneath it is the 'A' in the following formula. For the second dot, place it at 400,0 on the grid, and the number it gives you is the 'B' in the formula. To get the x coordinate, you multiply A times A, then subtract B x B, then add 160,000, and divide the resulting number by 800. (In shorter form: x = (a^2 - b^2 + 400^2)/800 )

To get the y coordinate, you once again multiply A times A, then subtract X x X (NOT B, but the x coordinate number), then square root the final result. (Shorter: y = sqrt(a^2 - x^2) ) Then you place the final dot as close to the correct place on the grid as possible. (It doesn't have to be exact. Whenever I got it within 5 of the correct number, it worked.) Here's the whole formula to find the final coords.

x = (a^2 - b^2 + 400^2)/800
y = sqrt(a^2 - x^2)

Most people use Excel to graph this, since you have to be really fast, but it IS possible to do it on 3 calculators, you just have to be quick, and get the final dot placed quickly.

I hope this helps a little. I'm not sure how well I explained it, so if you need clarification just ask me or someone else. :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:08 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Okay, well thanks for that, Lee. I would like to focus on gathering singularities (I'm even surprising myself at how successful I am at it) and probably making the control rods (which is tedious enough and that guide's instructions at the end are unclear to me -- please can anyone clarify the end part or tell me their method?).

And, has anyone even figured out the formula for how many seconds to input into the acid test yet?

I guess I am also afraid of entering into the multi-player thing at all since I don't feel I have a grasp on it yet (there is no *one* good guide -- even on PPT, ahem -- that explains things in a logical/linear manner in it's entirety) so I am afraid of messing up the other three people that might actually be counting on perfection (and darn well they should be, in my opinion). 8)

I think it's rather evil of TNT to create a step in which, merely out of curiosity to grasp a puzzle and to solve it, one player inevitably must cause three players to "fail" and have to try all over again (and again...). :evil:

EDIT: amarise, the problem is that I don't see those steps. I feel even more stupid now. I thought Lee was explaining that those are part of the multi-player step(s)? What the heck is going on and why hasn't someone made either a text or picture guide of all the things to do, "left to right" so to speak? As in: 1) do this 2) or this 3) or this 4) or this but then there is 4a) 4b) 4c) 4d) ??? :cry:

EDIT: Thanks for the clarification, AySz88. Now, can anyone help me on the making rods or timing acids?

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

Last edited by anjuna on Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:11 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

anjuna wrote:
... I see " Station status: Heat test > Dissolving test > Gravitics test > Test complete " in the Inendyn guide, but never in the game I am playing. I am starting to feel like my brain really did get sucked into a black hole.

The Station Status display is only for the Multi-player part (the multi-player has 3 stages of 3 rounds each). Since you're not doing that part, ignore those instructions.

shapu wrote:
I'm starting to get really cheesed off by this step. It's all well and good to require people to do cooperative steps, but in every test so far, the rest of the group has failed in one way or another to continue playing - which means that I'm not getting anything completed. It's phenomenally irritating to know that I'm trying to work on this, and someone else is just clicking something and walking away.

If you want to do the multi-player, I suggest getting into some chat room so that you guys can coordinate, then picking a station without random entrants (i.e. number in the millions) with all four of you. I suspect that the reason they have single-player things is that not all players can/should collaborate with random unknown Internet denizens. :P

~Habitual over-analyzer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:18 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I can't find where there is an acid next to my name so that I have to do the calculations in the above thread- multiplying and then locking it in. The closest thing I have to that is the dissolving step, which just says type the number of seconds in the box.

I see the rod making box, the dissolving box, the find the singularity box, and under that the test the rod box that needs 4 people.

So where is the acid test that needs multiplying and hitting the lock?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:32 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Arka wrote:
I can't find where there is an acid next to my name so that I have to do the calculations in the above thread- multiplying and then locking it in. The closest thing I have to that is the dissolving step, which just says type the number of seconds in the box.

I see the rod making box, the dissolving box, the find the singularity box, and under that the test the rod box that needs 4 people.

So where is the acid test that needs multiplying and hitting the lock?

That's the stage after the rod box, in the multiplayer.

[edit] At this rate, the next thread should be "split 12" :P

~Habitual over-analyzer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:59 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Thanks to everyone over in the chatzy group! I've had about enough of this for one day.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:14 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Arrgh, sorry to post yet another ignorant summary of my main problems. I gather that no one has figured out the "how many seconds to do the acid test" so I wonder how anyone can actually do any of the multi-player (token testing) stuff at all? o_O Anyway...

Aside from that, does ANYONE have any decent tutorial on putting metals together to make control rods? http://www.neopets.com/~Nikitachi << this page is fine up until stage 4. Then my Polish brain glitches. :(

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:28 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Arggg I hate math! Desecrating graves was much more my style. ;)

So far I've just managed to make one rod. It was boring and tedious and I don't want to do more. I really really hate math.

Tried to find a singularity and ended up being sucked though a worm hole lol. Is that part completely random or is there some way to know where to click?

I really want to try the multiplayer part but I'm nervous I'll mess everybody up. Did I mention how much I hate math? XD

And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:39 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Meer wrote:
Tried to find a singularity and ended up being sucked though a worm hole lol. Is that part completely random or is there some way to know where to click?

It's completely random.

One nice thing about this step though is that it offers a choice.

Set by Byakuya'<3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:22 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Okay, So I did the single player rod test correctly and was promptly moved to the multi-player one, I even managed to get to the acid testing fine, but then clicked the wrong acid, and failed. Now it doesn't seem to let me try those again, even if I've done the single player test correctly again. Glitch? or was I just that lucky the first time getting there?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:34 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

krivone wrote:
Okay, So I did the single player rod test correctly and was promptly moved to the multi-player one, I even managed to get to the acid testing fine, but then clicked the wrong acid, and failed. Now it doesn't seem to let me try those again, even if I've done the single player test correctly again. Glitch? or was I just that lucky the first time getting there?

I don't believe that for any reason (unless a glitch) you should have been moved from the single player to the multiplayer by the game. You should be joining the multi player only by putting a number in the room box at the bottom of the game choose page. The single player and multi player games have nothing in common really.

Besides of course story wise the single player games 'give' the tools for the people to use the multi player games.

Also when in a multi player room if you mess up you only get a 'back to step 1' message and everyone starts again. So I'm not really sure where it is you are stuck at.

*edit*
On another note i really hope a mod comes along and splits this thread and updates the first post with the information given on how to solve the steps!

ImageImageImageImage
Click the eggs above to view all my dragons & help them grow by clicking them.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:37 am 

Quote:

Assuming you're talking about not being able to do the single-player parts again, you have to wait 3 minutes (180 seconds) after completing one thing before you can do it again, whether you were successful or failed. The only exception is when looking for a singularity... if you find a wormhole, you can go right back and search again.

If you mean you got kicked out of a testing station and now you've gone back in and can't test again, is it possible you've gone back to a different testing station (there are 600million possibilities) and you don't have enough active participants in the new one?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:45 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Can someone explain the acid test to me? I'm trying to figure out what what formula to use. It's really hard when I only have 30 seconds to look at everything.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:49 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

jfkimberly wrote:
If you mean you got kicked out of a testing station and now you've gone back in and can't test again, is it possible you've gone back to a different testing station (there are 600million possibilities) and you don't have enough active participants in the new one?

I'm probably misunderstanding something, but oh well. I meant, that as the acid test failed, it threw me not to first step again, but to the page where we select which test we'd like to try. I can't remeber if there was a time limit agan, but there probably was. And I got to the first part of the multi-player test by completing the creation of hte cotrol rod. Now that step seems to lead nowhere.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:55 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

smudgeoffudge wrote:
Can someone explain the acid test to me? I'm trying to figure out what what formula to use. It's really hard when I only have 30 seconds to look at everything.

Do you mean for the multiplayer? if so hold on lemme go dig up the helpful posts

*edit*
Here are the acid posts i found helpful. Not saying they are completely correct but they worked for me!

ChaosShadow wrote:
You have to figure out which beaker is which solution.

Then, it's simple math; find the percentage of what you need to add, and add that directly to the beaker. For instance, if you need 11% of acid X and you have 2.2 litres, multiply 2.2 by .11, then multiply that by 1000. Very base; there's no need to calculate dissolution with other acids or anything.

The real difficulty comes in figuring out which acid is in which beaker.

AySz88 wrote:

As a reminder: For the acids part, the percentage is the percent of the total volume you need to contribute (ex. 5% * 1.0 L = .05 * 1000mL = 50 ml), and the jars appear to be:

1=hydro, 2=trans, 3=mer, 4=fluor, 5= cyano,
6=pern, 7=zafa, 8=tikio 9=xwee, 10=ox

I haven't confirmed all of the above, but I haven't heard anything definitive about things being wrong either... They don't seem to change between different people, though.

[edit] Don't forget, you must lock it in before time expires for it to be correct.

[edit] To give credit where credit is due, this was passed from the chat room (http://www.chatzy.com/514950204008), and someone in turn said that it was from the neoboards

(im not very math smart myself so i like how the math problem is put in quote one better then two no difference tho!)

ImageImageImageImage
Click the eggs above to view all my dragons & help them grow by clicking them.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 299 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next