Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Return of Dr. Sloth [Split 9]
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:53 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I don't know if anyone is still getting lag (the last post about it was about 4 hours ago), but, for me, neopets is actually loading pretty darned fast. Woo HOO. I hope it is for everyone else, too. I wasn't on earlier so I can't actually give any kind of comparison. Crossing my fingers that it stays fast with no lags for everyone!

Do you have your towel?

Last edited by Trilian8 on Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:27 am 

A few things:

Sirhatter wrote an excellent guide for people who are new to the battledome during the last war here in case you want to read it. It will tell you everything you need to know.

You can see all of the data on the 1-player opponents at IDB (In-Depth Battlepedia) here. Also, IDB is running a 1-player tournament in which people can compare the number of wins they get with other people of similar stats. You can sign up at their forums here, but you will need to become a forum member. If you're not interested in that, you can see how other people with stats close to yours are doing in the tournament here.

I seriously hope TNT does NOT impose win limits on us for this war. There are people who have hundreds of wins against even the hardest opponents, and they deserve points and credit for every one. I've beaten Riilan 25 times, but I think someone who has scored 1173 wins against them (yes, there is someone) should get points for every single hard-fought win. To put that in perspective, for that person's most recent win, Riilan had 21,052 HP, and equally high Strength and Defense. It would be unimaginably unfair for TNT to give her no credit whatsoever for it.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:31 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

ok---wow that's a LOT of wins! good for them! I was happy to beat Riilan once (I kept tying) I do prefer puzzles, though battling is a nice change. I'm sure people are going to appreciate your help links!

Do you have your towel?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:36 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

It seems that the Militia, although having better than the commanders stats have weaker weapons. (the Bzzt Blaster+Garoo ELite Cannon+ Fierce attack was horrible it did around 80 damage!)

Oh crap! I just remembered that I left my car keys in the OTHER dimension...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:31 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I personally prefer to do puzzles since I haven't got a powerful battle pet. My pet can only defeat the weakest opponent, and the battle always ends in a draw these days--after 22 wins.

Valrigard the Draik
Neopets username: lord_valrigard

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:24 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

umm... I'll eat my words back there. The militia are actually tough. I'm stopping at 10 wins against them because I really don't wanna risk my records again.

Anyway I'm hoping to get at least 1 mil out of this plot or a very good weapon (11 or 12 icon, or 10 icon damage+ some defence). From the altador cup I've got around 2mil worth items but I'm hoping for this plot to have some good prizes (after all the decoding was VERY hard)

Oh crap! I just remembered that I left my car keys in the OTHER dimension...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:19 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

arogance1 wrote:

Still not been able to do them, I usually try a load of combo's, then my miind wanders from boredom and then I forget what i've done, plus I have paper all over the place but it still didn't help.
i miss the puzzle where we had to map out our maze, it was much more fun

Get your egg at http://www.pickle-green.com/egraphics/main.php?id=eggs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:43 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

arogance1 wrote:

This petpage:
http://www.neopets.com/~Vulpixxx20
lists all the combos for the Orn symbols.

Within the list given -
jpg4 - Look for the Key of X and the Result of 8
jpg5 - Look for the Key of X and the Result of 8
jpg10 - Look for the Key of C and the Result of 8
jpg 16 - Look for the Key of 0 and the Result of x
jpg 17 - Look for the Key of 8 and the Result of 0

They will be the only combinations for you to solve the message.

X= Mau Codestone symbol
8= Vo Codestone symbol
C= Lu Codestone symbol
0= Orn Codestone symbol

EDIT:Fri Feb 29, 2008
News is up (about 3.10pm nst), there is no new chapter or step but challengers are still up.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:43 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I wonder if Paralax will turn to the good side? He got away. Was he really running back to Dr. Sloth? I imagine him as the Golum or Peter Pettigrew type character. I mean, his whole looks embodies indecision. He is orange and he is purple. He is a spy. But he must have disobeyed Sloth or someone at some time to get such a terrible scar in the face.

I hope we get a bit more backstory on him. I don't know if there is anything in the trading cards or anywhere else on the site about him. Do you know?

Maybe he will play the "poor victim of circumstance, under fear of my life, had to comply with Sloth" type..

Or maybe he really is just nothing more than a spy who got caught.

Personally, I like a good bit of redemption in a flawed character.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:21 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I wish we could move on from the battling already. I know some people enjoy it but I'm very bored with it seeing as my pets are not very strong. I could go for something fun to do again. battling isnt fun to me.. I want a puzzle/game type thing again. Must say I enjoy the plots that are a better mix then this one seems to be. It was like we had a super hard puzzle then something that was far to easy then just battling... I dont feel very entertained by this plot. Usually I really look forward to the next comic to see what happens. And how the comic will tie in with the puzzles and little battles.... but apparently not this time.

Tho I agree with Smudgeoffudge I do wonder what the deal is with Paralax.

ImageImageImageImage
Click the eggs above to view all my dragons & help them grow by clicking them.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:52 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

What plot has had a better mix than this one? The only thing I can imagine is Tale of Woe, which, it looks like, had some fairly good puzzles as well as a good chunk of battling at the end. Lord knows the island plot wasn't a particularly good mix (and the battles were mostly inconsequential; if you beat the bugs once you got points, and any more than that didn't matter... never mind the overall simplicity of the puzzles, and the fact that each of them was only left up for a few days).

I'm sure we'll be back to puzzles soon. The "Space Faerie token hidden on the ship" is screaming for a puzzle.

My Dinomon needs your help!
Click here to feed him the flesh of the living!
Get your own at Dinomon!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:55 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Bad news, everyone. The Daily Dares have started. Neopians will be focused on that instead of Sloth, and I think that means the Return of Dr. Sloth plot is going to end. It's probably because not enough people got past step 2.

Valrigard the Draik
Neopets username: lord_valrigard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:19 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Valrigard wrote:
Bad news, everyone. The Daily Dares have started. Neopians will be focused on that instead of Sloth, and I think that means the Return of Dr. Sloth plot is going to end. It's probably because not enough people got past step 2.

I see no reason for the plot to end. TNT are quite capable to run to site events at once.

I am sure TNT knew the 2 would over lap as this year is jam-packed full of events. We still have Keyquest, Petpetpet Habitats (Jellyneo information) and the Altador Cup coming up.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:05 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Rubywinged wrote:
I wish we could move on from the battling already. I know some people enjoy it but I'm very bored with it seeing as my pets are not very strong. I could go for something fun to do again. battling isnt fun to me.. <B>I want a puzzle/game type thing again..</B>

The Daily Dare is back :)
http://www.neopets.com/games/aaa/daily_dare.phtml
for those who don't like battling.

For those of us who do like battling, so much to do ... so little time :hug:

Quietly contemplating life

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:42 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm battling at the moment, even though my pets are eh-ish. I <3 Sirhatter's guide.

I don't exist. omo

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next