Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Return of Dr Sloth [Split 6]
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:53 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

tippey wrote:
Still on second part, only 4 more to go, I'd rather mover furniture, blocks, carry sand :x

Sounds like part 3 is better. I hope it is.

About your question in the spoiler: I did all the 1 mods, then all the 2 mods, then some of the 3 mods without O, and as soon as I got the chance of decoding the 3 mods messages with O's I started working on those... in total I had about 5 message's still left decoding when I found the one from Commander Garoo and I was on my way to puzzle 3.

So no... you don't have to do ALL the message's in order to continue the plot.... But if you are unlucky you just might have to, and who knows you might get extra points at the end of the plot for completing every little bit. (or not and you will have wasted hours and hours of otherwise usefull time muahaha hmm...)

----

Puzzle 3 was easy! Only the last level took me several attempts.... But as soon as I started to take my time instead of rushing things it was a piece of cake.

----

About not letting people use calculators... I think TNT is absolutely right, it's fun if it's a contest that offers a challenge.... If everybody could solve every part easily then everybody wins and it will be a walk in the park. The decoding puzzles take a lot of time, effort, willpower and some wits to solve and it seems TNT doesn't want to reward free-riders too much. Only the best, the honest and the ones who are crazy enough to go through all this time consuming nonsense should get the best awards :)

Asking for help never was a problem on TNT, nor was some giving answers away... But they have always been very strict on cheating and all sorts of ways how people can get "an easy way out".

Don't forget that the fact that starmappers were allowed back then doesn't mean they liked it. I wouldn't be suprised if they thought after the plot had ended that too many people got to the cheese too easy. Might never have expected the TNT community to be that resourcefull and supportive to make such programs... This time they we warned and were able to do something about it early on.

Anybody who is offended by TNT by this decission is probably a person who thinks the plot is not worth the hassle but wants an easy way to the prize :P

----

I sure hope Sloth wins though... I have been waiting for his return for years! And for the first time ever I actually think the cartoon is awesome :P

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:05 am 

Ugh, Locetic, I SO feel your pain. I'm STILL working on this stupid 3 mod thing and STILL going nowhere. I'm using notepad and trying out all the different combinations a human mind can think of but it's looking extremely hopeless (no pun intended) at this point.

And thealexander, I kind of disagree. I spent at least 4 hours mapping out my temple for the LDP and the rewards weren't even that great. Considering how I'm spending at least around 8 hours (give or take a couple) on this stupid 3 modifier and still not being able to solve at least one, the rewards for this plot better be extremely worthwhile.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:09 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I soooo wish I could use the calculator for just this once. The reason???? I have carpel tunnel syndrome and all of this clicking on the 3-mods is making my hand swell up like a balloon! I'm in serious pain and I can't go on to the next step :x

Do you have your towel?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:16 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Yea! Finally done with the stupid coded messages. :) Yea! Yea! ...Yea!

Can't help it! Yea!

I was on the 5th level puzzle & after trying to get past the guards for at least 4 times, I went & looked at a guide.
DUH! I didn't know I could actually click on the guard to knock him out! Yes, I know Gorix says this at the top of the page, that's why I said DUH! :lol:

"I play the game for the game's own sake."
Holmes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:21 am 

Can anyone help me solve a 3 mod code if i post a pic?

Image[img][url=http://www.elementsgraphics.net/index.php?id=eggs]Imagehttp://www.boomspeed.com/egraphics/o919a.gif[/img][/url]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:28 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

i understand how to read th e charts from key symbol to target. i use the 1st symbol in the key line to figure it out right? but after that i get litle confused or do i have to try each combination of the few hundred for each one. there is 9 different ways to get to the same result using 1st key and 1st target, each way there is between like 50 and 250 combinations or so. so this could take me hours to figure out the combos then hours to check each one.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:53 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Hang on, I'm trying to type out how I did mine. Post coming soon.

Holmes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:21 am 
PPT God
PPT God

thealexander wrote:
About not letting people use calculators... I think TNT is absolutely right, it's fun if it's a contest that offers a challenge.... If everybody could solve every part easily then everybody wins and it will be a walk in the park. The decoding puzzles take a lot of time, effort, willpower and some wits to solve and it seems TNT doesn't want to reward free-riders too much. Only the best, the honest and the ones who are crazy enough to go through all this time consuming nonsense should get the best awards :)

By this logic the solutions to the first step should never have been posted then. :/ The calculators do pretty much the same thing the spoiler in the first post does, they just do it with more math. The only difference is that you have to download the latter, and that's my only problem with the calculators: you don't know who made it or what they "put in it." I have no problem with the actual function of the calculators, but since TNT expressly forbids them in multiple places, it's probably a really smart idea to avoid them. TNT isn't known for being understanding when they freeze/unfreeze. o.o

Anyway, maybe I missed it, but how many avoid-the-garoos maps are there? Also, they remind me of the Pokemon games. "Oh god no, my pikachu's at low health please please please don't let that trainer see me and challenge me!" :P

Edit: Nevermind I guess I'm on the last one, the bundled 3 people are in the corner...

Last edited by metalmario on Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:26 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

hopeless wrote:
I spent at least 4 hours mapping out my temple for the LDP and the rewards weren't even that great.

i did the plot as well and i got the ring of lost which i sold for quite a sum, so it was kinda worthwhile. or was that for another plot.

btw my method was the same as most.

i checked the first post and used the links given to do the 3 mods and.

then i went down the list of the mods which gave the result for the key / target change needed.

then basically went like this.

I'll use alphabets to represent first mod, numbers for second mod and neopets for third mod.

First mod: A
second mod: 1
third mod: aisha

First mod:A
third mod: lenny

then go through all the third mod possibilities and if i didnt get any then i would change the second mod;

First mod: A
second mod: 2

then go through all the third mods again.

once i had gome through all the second mod possibilities, i would change the first mod and then start over.

First mod:B

If after trying all the combos i didnt get the message i would move on to the next combo on the list and start over which is basically the way most people did it.

Last edited by Azzie on Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:29 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

@_@ Is it odd that getting past the guards is harder for me than the code? It's taking longer as well, lol.

Any tips on getting behind the guards to take them out? I never know when they're going to stop, and when I just try to go past them they come up from behind and gang up on me. D: 'tis rather rude. But I suppose I'll just have to wait until tomorrow when I have free time to randomly click until I luck my way past, lol.

ImageImageImage
Set by WIS (I think XD), awesome fader by Bangel!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:33 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Twizzler0171 wrote:
@_@ Is it odd that getting past the guards is harder for me than the code? It's taking longer as well, lol.

Any tips on getting behind the guards to take them out? I never know when they're going to stop, and when I just try to go past them they come up from behind and gang up on me. D: 'tis rather rude. But I suppose I'll just have to wait until tomorrow when I have free time to randomly click until I luck my way past, lol.

Don't ever rely on being in the same row/column as them and hope that they don't see you. Instead, stay behind a harmless-person, and go back and forth between 2 safe squares until the guard is where you want him. The guard will randomly pick 1 of 4 directions to move, and if there is something in that direction he will just stay put.

It's hard to explain, but just play avoiding their rows/columns and you should get the hang of what I mean. :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:36 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

try not to go past them but wait and get them when they come by. I did quite a lot of shuffling between two spaces to catch them .

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:52 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

*shrieks* I did it! My third 7-character 3-modifier was the required Commander Garoo message! I've finished step 2! :o

Off to do step 3 now. My brain really hurts. Ugggh!

EDIT: *another shriek* Clicked around the Space Station looking for the shuttle bay (see, blonde meltdown from the brute force analyses of the 3-modifier puzzle lol) and suddenly I get Commander Garoo as a chalenger! Yippeee! (yes sorry, off-topic plot-wise I know...)

Last edited by satiran on Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:56 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Ok, hope this works.
My system for the 3 mods. I only suggest this because some of you are doing as much work and not enough results. Maybe this would help someone.
The goal was to narrow down the search to only the combinations that had 3 mods with the correct beginning symbol & the correct ending symbol. It still was a lot of work, but way less endless clicking. I used notecards, small sticky notes, & paper to make things easier to move around.
Example Message

1. Use the notecards (or small slips of paper) to group your beginning symbols. i.e. All of the #mods that begin with 'C' were on one notecard. Now, I wrote the # of the mod, the C, then a dash, then the ending symbol for that #. (see picture of what I’m talking about) A Few Notecards of Modifiers
Do this for all your numbers. So you should end with 6 notecards (or 7 if you are working with the O symbol) with 30 total entries. Set these to the side for a moment.

2. Have the petpage open at KyootestLenny because all of the combos are grouped & easier to read & write down. Look at your first symbol in the Key & what the target is for that one only. In the example, this would be the “8” is the Key and just happens to be the Target as well. Make a list of all the combinations for turning an “8” to an “8” on the petpage. Set this to the side. (see picture)
Beginning Combo List

3. Now look at the end symbol for the Key & what the target is. Only the end. In the example this would be “X” to change to the target of “Z”. I used little stickies for this part and went back to the KyootestLenny page. And look for the combos changing “X” to “Z”. Write one combination on each little sticky. (see picture)
Ending Combo Stickys

4. Then, using your list of combos for the creating the beginning symbol, pick one to start with. Separate those cards from the others. Since I only scanned a couple, lets use those. “X” “C” & “V” is one combo that creates the right target for the 1st symbol.

5. Now, look at all the ending combo stickys. Eliminate as many as you can first. Like the “C 8 8” can’t be used because the “V” card doesn’t have a “C” or an “8”. So move that little sticky to the NO pile. And so on, eliminating all the ending combos that won’t work.

6. With the ones that are left, I wrote down the combos numbers until I had about 5 or 10 before I started clicking those entries. Ex. Few Examples to Try Back at the station, I would have the numbers of the modifiers I want to try. If it doesn't work, great...one combo off my list.

As you eliminate the ending combos, just move those little stickys to the NO pile until there are no more endings that match. If you did not decode the message, pick another beginning combo & do it all over again.
Like I said, it still is a lot of work, but at least you are not entering in every single combination. As you can see, several are easily eliminated right at the beginning. With some messages, even some of the beginning combos were eliminated. So, it’s not that bad.

**EDIT...hang on, Let me find the img link instead of the image so I won't use so much room. Sorry.

Holmes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:36 am 
PPT God
PPT God

well i havent really done that much since i last posted about my mod codes, so I'm just going to be working all day and night until they get taken down.
Hopefully I can solve all of them tonight before tomorrow since I'm working at the stables all day then and wont have access to an internet connection.....but I will be able to work out most of the sequences and make lists of everything, which should make things easier for me. :)

set by Sakura

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next