Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:15 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: The Return of Dr Sloth (split 3)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:43 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Previous Thread

ATTENTION

!! Please make sure all your posts are coherent, and that you have spelled all words to the best of your ability. Also, please try to use correct grammar.

PLEASE keep all posts on topic. If you would like to speak to someone personally or off-topic, PM them.

=====COMICS=====
Chapter 1 (29th Jan)
Chapter 2 (1st Feb)
Chapter 3 (5th feb)

=====Helpful Links=====
Wondering about whether you’re ready to battle, if it comes to that? Check out the Weapon Advice & Recommendations thread!

If you're new to PPT forums, and are just joining for our comprehensive & helpful plot assistance, please remember to read The Rules!

=====PLOT ASSISTANCE=====

Step One - Maintenance Tunnels (30th Jan)

The plot begins! The Maintenance Tunnels appeared under the space station map. At the Maintenance Tunnels, if you click on the left hand tunnel, you get directed to this Game in which you must orientate the bubble/arrow things to get Gorix through the maze.

Using the arrows, you have to change the direction he will go when he reaches particular turns, and then press go. While Gorix is walking you cannot change anything. Conveniently, the direction of a particular arrow will change going clockwise each time Gorix walks across it.

Solutions
Blatantly stolen from Siouxper's post here and re-formatted by the lovely Alex.
(Note - these are not the only solutions, there are many combinations that will finish the level)

MAZE 1
Arrow points DOWN

MAZE 2
The four arrows in a straight line, point (left to right), LEFT, UP, DOWN, RIGHT.
The remaining arrow points RIGHT.

MAZE 3
Arrow by itself on the left points LEFT
Top arrows point (left to right) RIGHT, DOWN
Arrow by itself on the bottom points DOWN

MAZE 4
Arrows along the top point (left to right) UP, RIGHT, RIGHT
Two arrows in the middle row point LEFT, RIGHT
Leftmost arrow in the bottom row points UP (other two can be ignored)

MAZE 5
Top arrows point DOWN, LEFT, DOWN, LEFT
Bottom arrows point DOWN, DOWN, DOWN, DOWN
*Note, for this one, let the robots close the doors themselves - you don't have to do anything except wait.

Once you have completed the mazes, go back to the Maintenance Tunnels and you'll find a new door that has opened.

Step Two - Breaking Military Grade Encryptions (5th Feb)

1. Go here
2. Press "4"
3. Press "2"
4. Cry because the next part is super hard
5. Keep trying different mails till you find one with only one Modifier box. Start here.

Drag the different alien sentance fragments from the left into the modifier box. Keep trying until your "Result" matches your "Target". Its guess and check at this stage.

Once your result matches your target, the mail will be translated. Now repeat for all the single modifiers. Simple huh? Yeah - try doing it with more than one modifier.

Please note - you must do all the single modifiers before it is possible to do the double modifiers. The same for the triples in regards to the doubles

(Better guide hopefully coming soon)

=====A BRIEF HISTORY OF TIME...ERRR, PLOT=====
Around 4 years ago, the "in things" were Neopets Trading Cards (exactly how "in" Trading Cards are is an entirely preferential opinion...). Neopets would put out booster packs, as so many card companies do, and one such pack was the Return of Dr Sloth TCG kit.

To accompany the release of the Return of Dr Sloth TCG, Neopets were intending on releasing a Return of Dr Sloth plot. However, time constraints and a certain annoying Usul's plot prevented them from being able to ever actually release it. After post phoning it a few times, they just decided to scrap it and focus on making the next plot - a Curse on Maraqua - better.

Believing they'd never do the Return of Dr Sloth plot, TNT began (creating and) releasing the games they had set to tie in with the plot - IE: The Return of the Return of Dr Sloth, Escape to Kreludor and Moon Rock Rampage - but what to do about those awesome characters (and their escapades) that featured in the TCG expansion pack and in the games?

Simple - throw together some articles in the Gallery of Heroes that detail what the plot was going to be like, release some cool looking items and pretend like the events actually happened in Neopia, but not in the Neopets.com realm of users, plots, events etc.

Now, TNT (in an awesome move) have decided to revisit the Return of Dr Sloth plot in all its chicken-headed glory. Unfortunately, as they didn't want their characters and games to go to waste, the plot's rough outline is already detailed throughout the site. Long story short? There are articles, games and cards that explain what the expected plot will be. Short story long? Anything by DickensKoL ftw

Chapter three of the comic has revealed freakishly tall anthropomorphic Ixis, cool BING-ing retinal scanners, awesome golden statues of Sloth that should be immediately restored to their glorious previous positions and the fact that the Space Faerie's help is out of the question. What does this mean for our Heroes? Why are the maintenance tunnels so painfully designed? Will I be right in my assumptions about the Mysterious Cloaked Lupe? I don't know, but discuss it here!

Do you miss Bill? I miss Bill. Go to this thread to petition Bill Back!

Post subject: Re: The Return of Dr Sloth (split 3)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:48 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
Just for referential purposes, I'll start a collection of useful plot-related links on Neopets. Some of this is redundant on account of the "brief history" above, but I worked on this, dangit, so here it is.

Gallery of Heroes: Cylara, Gorix, and Commander Gormos.

Return of Dr. Sloth TCG cards

Return of Dr. Sloth games:
Escape to Kreludor
Moon Rock Rampage
The Return of the Return of Dr. Sloth
Time Tunnel
Other Slothly games

Neopedia Articles:
Dr. Sloth
"Sloth's Grand Adventure"(amusing, even if it is only tangentially related)
Kreludor(Notice the "unauthorised data removed" note? I have no idea how long it's been there, but it's interesting.)
The Space Faerie(again, unlikely to be related, but you never know.)

I'll try to keep updating this post with any links that keep cropping up.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:41 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I wanted to look up the infor about Gorix and Cylara in the Gallery of Heroes, but I couldn't get there except when the direct link to it was posted.. Is there a way to get there from the main site? Because I'll probably forget the direct link in a while again :P

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:27 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

When the plot started, my battling pet was at level 55. Since then, the lab has thrice made me lose 2 levels - so I'm training again to get my berserk back!!! Think they are working against us? :x

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:42 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Not that it will be a big shock... but looks like we know another major part of the plot due to the description on the Gorix and Cylara Coin

Thanks to Gorix and Cylara the space station and Kreludor are free from Sloths control.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:45 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

News is out.

There is a second blue door in the Maintenance tunnels.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:47 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Daze wrote:
News is out.

No new comic, but that wasn't too surprising. Nothing that points to a new step either.

I'm really surprised they haven't released step two yet. I'm getting really antzy. :D

Set by Byakuya'<3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:48 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

New area in the maintenance tunnels!

http://www.neopets.com/space/ros/hq.phtml

I clicked "4" on the flash computer screen and got new options. After that, I clicked on "1" (or was it two?) and got a page of code. Looks like we have to decipher it.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:53 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Lee wrote:
Daze wrote:
News is out.

No new comic, but that wasn't too surprising. Nothing that points to a new step either.

I'm really surprised they haven't released step two yet. I'm getting really antzy. :D

*cough*

There is a second blue door and a new puzzle. :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:56 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I clicked 4, then one and got one different option on #3 It just said [no really, still disabled] so, of course I pressed 3 and then it said Didn't I tell you last time? This is not a valid option. I didn't get any code.

Edit: It was 2 to get the code!

Edit#2: click on the screen of code and you'll get a new screen! I don't know what to do with it yet

Do you have your towel?

Last edited by Trilian8 on Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:57 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Matrinka wrote:
New area in the maintenance tunnels!

http://www.neopets.com/space/ros/hq.phtml

I clicked "4" on the flash computer screen and got new options. After that, I clicked on "1" (or was it two?) and got a page of code. Looks like we have to decipher it.

I typed 4 (it wasn't an option, but I went through all 3 and x on the screen) and then typed 2.

I got a code.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:00 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Look at my last post, just in case anyone didn't see it.... click on the page of code. You'll get a new page, theres a place to type in Modifier #1, #2 and #3. There's a key before those boxes. Still trying to figure it out

Do you have your towel?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:00 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I took a screenshot of the code for easy reference.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:01 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I typed in "42" thinking of hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy. I got a lot of gobbledy gook recent messages to translate. I absolutely hate decoding things. I never know where to even begin!

Oh and mine looks different than yours.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:02 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I got my code after trying 1342 in that order (from the hangar). Maybe we also need .322.6?

My code is different as well. Awesome.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

Last edited by Siniri on Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next