Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:39 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Return of Dr Sloth (split 2)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:36 am 

Well I was without internet all weekend so it was lucky for me they didn't go forward in the plot any. Still makes me mad though cause I was hoping I would have a lot of stuff to do once I got my internet back and...nothing. Sad. I really wish they would update it soon.

Remember, Amatures built the ark, Professionals built the Titanic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:42 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Trilian8 wrote:
Well, if this plot is similar to older plots.......Comic addition one day, new puzzle (or battles) the next. But I can't help it and look all over anyway :)

Seems to be the pattern, yes...though I was really hoping that since they didn't give anything new over the weekend, they'd have had something to do rather than just read the comic. Unless they decide to add that later this evening. Anyone know if they do that? Add something to do well after the New Features have come out I mean.

Razamatazamo misses being a Fuzio!
CyberTrini
Neopian since 5/5/2000
...and yes, I have joined Twin Skies. Have you?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:48 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
I'm glad they're dragging out the plot a bit. Allows a broader range of people to get involved than say... a short 1-week plot. Ah Neopets! How I love you so.

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:50 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Kymothy wrote:
I'm glad they're dragging out the plot a bit. Allows a broader range of people to get involved than say... a short 1-week plot. Ah Neopets! How I love you so.

Agreed. I love when they do more story to back up the action. Kudos to TNT for this.

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:53 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Just re-read the comic...couldn't help notice that purple and orange Grundos were working together both in the Grundo Liberation fight/war, and in the resistance. I guess the whole theory that this plot will explain the feud or whatever it is between the two colours might be a red herring by TNT.

CyberTrini
Neopian since 5/5/2000

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:06 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Mmmmmm Red Herring. I like it broiled with a little rosemary :lol: Seriously, if I do remember correctly, in the past, there have been a FEW occasions where the comic came out and then a little later in the evening something to do came out, but that was later in the plot.

Do you have your towel?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:01 am 
PPT God
PPT God

We're definitely visiting Kreludor. I just looked up Cylara's and Gorix's info in the "Heroes of Neopia" section of the site:

http://www.neopets.com/hero/showhero.phtml?pos=14

Cut and paste from the page:
Quote:
Cylara

While some heroes are born, others are created by circumstances that most Neopians could have never dreamed possible. Such is the case of the young Cybunny Cylara, whose family vacation at the Space Station suffered an unfortunate turn of events when Dr. Sloth appeared. Separated from her family, Cylara encountered Gorix, a member of an underground resistance group that had been constantly preparing for this very event. Cylara and her newfound friend almost met their end at the hands of Dr. Sloth's bounty hunters, but they managed to escape to the Neopian moon of Kreludor, where an even bigger task awaited them...

and
http://www.neopets.com/hero/showhero.phtml?pos=15
Quote:
Gorix

Long ago, during Dr. Sloth's reign over the Space Station, the dastardly villain captured Gorix and forced him to be an unwilling pawn in his plots to take over Neopia. These days, even though Grundos have achieved independence, a group of underground freedom fighters continues to remain vigilant. As a member of this resistance, Gorix always believed that Dr. Sloth would be back one day, and his assumptions were correct. During Dr. Sloth's latest invasion, Gorix was forced to flee the Virtupets Space Station with Cylara when Dr. Sloth found that they had overheard his plans. After a close call with Sloth's bounty hunters, the pair fled to an escape shuttle that landed on the moon of Kreludor, where Gorix and Cylara made an amazing discovery....

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:29 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Matrinka wrote:
We're definitely visiting Kreludor. I just looked up Cylara's and Gorix's info in the "Heroes of Neopia" section of the site:

http://www.neopets.com/hero/showhero.phtml?pos=14

Cut and paste from the page:
Quote:
Cylara

While some heroes are born, others are created by circumstances that most Neopians could have never dreamed possible. Such is the case of the young Cybunny Cylara, whose family vacation at the Space Station suffered an unfortunate turn of events when Dr. Sloth appeared. Separated from her family, Cylara encountered Gorix, a member of an underground resistance group that had been constantly preparing for this very event. Cylara and her newfound friend almost met their end at the hands of Dr. Sloth's bounty hunters, but they managed to escape to the Neopian moon of Kreludor, where an even bigger task awaited them...

and
http://www.neopets.com/hero/showhero.phtml?pos=15
Quote:
Gorix

Long ago, during Dr. Sloth's reign over the Space Station, the dastardly villain captured Gorix and forced him to be an unwilling pawn in his plots to take over Neopia. These days, even though Grundos have achieved independence, a group of underground freedom fighters continues to remain vigilant. As a member of this resistance, Gorix always believed that Dr. Sloth would be back one day, and his assumptions were correct. During Dr. Sloth's latest invasion, Gorix was forced to flee the Virtupets Space Station with Cylara when Dr. Sloth found that they had overheard his plans. After a close call with Sloth's bounty hunters, the pair fled to an escape shuttle that landed on the moon of Kreludor, where Gorix and Cylara made an amazing discovery....

Looks like the heroes are all being added, even before we meet them in the plot
http://www.neopets.com/hero/showhero.phtml?pos=16

------

Ok, kinda off-topic, but did anyone else notice the revamp of the user lookup pages? I guess it's related to the Key Quest Token event planned.

CyberTrini
Neopian since 5/5/2000

Last edited by zorg on Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please try not to double post!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:46 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Yeah... I wish they hadn't "mellowed" the icons for battledome wins, ect, though. They're rather boring now ;)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:54 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

butterflygirl wrote:
Yeah... I wish they hadn't "mellowed" the icons for battledome wins, ect, though. They're rather boring now ;)

I thought the same thing. It's one thing that they made this icons look so boring, but to make them brown? lol...

CyberTrini
Neopian since 5/5/2000

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:07 am 

I have to say, I'm very impressed with this plot so far. Hopefully TNT will go all out, with a lot of battling, hard puzzles, and great prizes for people who can do both.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:59 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

cybertrini wrote:
-snipped quotes-

Looks like the heroes are all being added, even before we meet them in the plot
http://www.neopets.com/hero/showhero.phtml?pos=16

They've been there for ages, they were added around 4 years ago when the Return of Dr Sloth Trading Card Game pack came out. The plot was supposed to be timed with that release, but was cancelled.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:33 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Well if they're going to truly stick to their descriptions, then we have a fight coming up soon, apparently with some bounty hunters.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:34 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Eternal Serena wrote:
Well if they're going to truly stick to their descriptions, then we have a fight coming up soon, apparently with some bounty hunters.

{starts cleaning weapons} I'm counting on it!!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:40 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Eternal Serena wrote:

Please tell me I'm not the only one who rushed to check the Battledome for challengers. :)

Please help my dragons grow and give a click!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next