Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:56 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Altador Cup (Split 6)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:11 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Well, they made a small update to the AC. They put the top 5 players of YYB up, as well as the top 3 of SS and MSN. One of my friends on Tyrannia made the top 3 in MSN, so I'm ecstatic. :D

What amazes me is how much YYB the top 5 players played. I calculated it, and basically it's 8-9 hours, every day of the tournament. After looking at the winners, though, I can see why DC took the cup this year. :P

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:54 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

My brain feels like exploding at the thought of playing that much yooyu ball. I mean, seriously..wow.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:51 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

amarise wrote:
Well, they made a small update to the AC. They put the top 5 players of YYB up, as well as the top 3 of SS and MSN. One of my friends on Tyrannia made the top 3 in MSN, so I'm ecstatic. :D
What amazes me is how much YYB the top 5 players played. I calculated it, and basically it's 8-9 hours, every day of the tournament. After looking at the winners, though, I can see why DC took the cup this year. :P

My bet is, these people don't work 8 hours a day like a lot of us.
Either that, or they got *VERY* little sleep and did absolutely nothing but YYB when they were home. (for kicks: 8 hour work + 1 hour lunch + 45 mins x2 commute leaves 13.5 hours left in the day - hopefully they showered (we'll give that 1/2 hour for a decent clean and getting dry/dressed) - that means they would've been getting between 4-5 hours a sleep, assuming they ate breakfast and dinner while playing and had someone else making/getting it for them.)

varii wrote:
My brain feels like exploding at the thought of playing that much yooyu ball. I mean, seriously..wow.

So does mine. And I got to 2000 games! but...7,677 games?! that's nearly 4 times how much I played, and I was pooped by the end of it!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:56 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

They have way too much time on their hands, or no life. That's just how it goes, and i'm not trying to offend anybody by that.
I think I played maybe 115 games? Something like that, but I had my little cousin play some games for me too haha.

If they have everyones scores, why can't they just open up the prize shop? Unless they still haven't drawn up all the trophies and stuff, but they should've done that when the cup started.

Set by WIS

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:04 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Dustin wrote:
If they have everyones scores, why can't they just open up the prize shop? Unless they still haven't drawn up all the trophies and stuff, but they should've done that when the cup started.

The trophies from last year were specific to which team won, so they would have at least had to finish putting the teams in at the end after the cup finished.

Has anyone noticed that all five of the top YYB players are male, but nearly all of the "supporter" top people were female? Just a weird thing I noticed when looking at their userlookups in curiosity.
On a completely different note, I *know* I've played weezleram in the World Challenges, so that was kinda cool to at least recognize the name of a user in the top 5...

And on another completely different note: I wonder why they put up
"The All-Neopia First Team" and "The All-Neopia Second Team"? Do I sense a hint of mid-year playing? {semi-shudders}

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:19 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Something odd I noticed looking at the top three of slushie slinger. mummy1958 (#1) won 199 games of yooyu ball and played 3,598 games of slushie slinger and 615 of MSN. win159372 (#2) won 503 games of yooyu ball and played 3,410 games of slushie slinger and 624 games of MSN.

mummy1958 is rank 18 while win159372 is only rank 8.

Unless the extra two hundred games of SS really counted, that seems kinda messed up to me. If this happened to someone who made it onto the all star board (and thus got a teency bit more attention from TNT) I wonder how many other people got stuck at a lower rank than they deserve. Unless I am totally looking at this wrong and am making a fool out of myself. Which hey, could happen as it is a weekday.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:44 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

varii wrote:
Something odd I noticed looking at the top three of slushie slinger. mummy1958 (#1) won 199 games of yooyu ball and played 3,598 games of slushie slinger and 615 of MSN. win159372 (#2) won 503 games of yooyu ball and played 3,410 games of slushie slinger and 624 games of MSN.

Unless the extra two hundred games of SS really counted, that seems kinda messed up to me. If this happened to someone who made it onto the all star board (and thus got a teency bit more attention from TNT) I wonder how many other people got stuck at a lower rank than they deserve. Unless I am totally looking at this wrong and am making a fool out of myself. Which hey, could happen as it is a weekday.

I think either TNT misposted their total YYB games, or misposted their trophy, because you're right. If anything, I think win159372 should have a MUCH higher rank. Who knows?

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:47 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Ok now I feel dumb. This week's LC musta fried my brain. Finally got it, though, after submitting the wrong answer first of course. :P

Where are you guys finding the AC stats? I checked the news, editorial and all pertinent AC pages. I can't seem to locate what you have all so easily found. :oops:

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:26 am 
PPT God
PPT God

http://www.neopets.com/altador/colosseum/mvps.phtml

Right under the Doctor Sloth Usuki Paper Doll. :) It can be tough to catch some of those all-text announcements, I know. (I kept doing that with the MIP prizes. :P )

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:37 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Oh dear! :oops: Talk about tired. Most sorry about that. Apparently I didn't read two very important lines of the news. Thanks for the link! :hug:

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:24 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

varii wrote:

Or could it be that win159372's SS scores do not cross the 'cut-off ' and hence do not count towards the shield?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:22 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

sid_basu4243 wrote:
Or could it be that win159372's SS scores do not cross the 'cut-off ' and hence do not count towards the shield?

Now THAT is entirely possible...and would make a LOT more sense.
Go figure that you could make the top 3 but not have made the cut-off score on a lot of games...

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:14 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Jellyneo found more prizes.

ImageAngry Techo Fist
ImageAngry Techo Garden Gnome
ImageLayton Vickles Action Figure
ImageScorchio Referee Bobblehead
ImageClockwork Yooyu
ImageMake Some Noise Noisemaker
ImageAngry Techo Plushie
ImageDarigan Yooyu

OK, what is with all the angry Techo stuff? I mean, its so uncreative!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:24 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Oh god. That rubber fist is... I'm getting Borat flashbacks. Hahaha.

:D

I think that there may be a lot of Angry Techo stuff because he rooted for all the teams - that way they don't have to make individual team prizes, since they already have the team stuff in the souvenir shop. :)

I just saw everything on the Daily Neopets. I would have thought there would be at least one customizable item. Maybe they didn't find it all yet? What's the time frame for plot prizes, now that uploads have been found?

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:28 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Matrinka wrote:
I just saw everything on the Daily Neopets. I would have thought there would be at least one customizable item. Maybe they didn't find it all yet? What's the time frame for plot prizes, now that uploads have been found?

Well, it could be anywhere from this week to the end of August. >.<

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next