Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Altador Cup (Split 6)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:27 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

zorg wrote:
Do you think they'd make a new site theme or just have the current altador site theme avaliable for purchase if you didn't get it last time?

I just wish ANY site theme is involved. Since I started playing last December (I know the shield on my account says 19 months but back then I just created the account and forgot about it -_-') I've missed out on all the "plot related site themes" (except the Altador one) and was REALLY disappointed when it turned out that there's no Mystery Island plot site theme.

Although I probably won't actually use the new site theme, 'cause I love the Altador plot one too much <3 (even though it's pinkish :D )

My gallery, Chocolate Dreams: click!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:53 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Who wants to bet that one of the prizes will be some sort of bobblehead? >_<

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:16 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Rindi wrote:
Hey, last year's bobblehead prize was awesome! :P It makes me giggle whenever I look at it.

Neopets Premium invites - PM or neomail me! (Please?) :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:09 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

zorg wrote:
Do you think they'd make a new site theme or just have the current altador site theme avaliable for purchase if you didn't get it last time?

If they use the old one, and old avvie, I doubt we'll need to purchase it, as last year they were given away when you visited the prize shop (as well as the trophy) - I have a screenie of it, so I'm sure. I think so far, the only side bar we've had to buy from plot prizes was the Curse of Maraqua one.
However, I just switched over to it (yeah for being home sick...and boy, does it look better than it did with the old layout, IMO), and discovered that it has all the teams from last year in the bottom corner - namely, there's a Kreludor player as one of the options. Also, it only has the four types of Yooyus that we played with last year around the cup at the top. This being said, it's quite probable that they may either modify the old one, or create a new one specific to this year's cup.
Rindi wrote:

Probably. Has there even *been* a plot that hasn't had that as an option? {goes back to look} Okay, so the Curse of Maraqua didn't have one, and the Altador plot, but all of the others have. Likely there'll be at least one book, one keyring (though they'll probably put out a set like last year), and at least one plushie...as those seem to be trends.
Anyways...I'm tempted to leave this sidebar up for a little while. It's actually not to bad on the eyes...

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:51 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Pickles wrote:
I'm tempted to leave this sidebar up for a little while. It's actually not to bad on the eyes...

I had mine up during the altador cup, it was meant to "motivate me" to get more points. bah. I'm back to the stylish yet non-obtrusive cyrodrakes gaze one.

I imagine I spelt that wrong, but i dont really mind.

Do you miss Bill? I miss Bill. Go to this thread to petition Bill Back!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:12 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I WANT MY PRIZES! GRR!!!!

:x

I scored 1 point in last years cup, and was determined to do better this year, and worked really hard to up my rank, and now it's taking ages for the prizes. I know, it's a whole thing about the plots that you to wait ages for the prizes but I'm so impatient!

ImageImage
Thanks Rachel!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:11 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

twinklyspangle wrote:

I scored 1 point in last years cup, and was determined to do better this year, and worked really hard to up my rank, and now it's taking ages for the prizes. I know, it's a whole thing about the plots that you to wait ages for the prizes but I'm so impatient!

Patience is a virtue!

'The patient man shows much good sense, but the quick-tempered displays folly at its height'

Anyway, imagine how much more excited you'll be when you get that shiny new trophy.. ;)

Do you miss Bill? I miss Bill. Go to this thread to petition Bill Back!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:21 am 
PPT God
PPT God

JellyNeo posted some probable plot prizes!

Altador Cup Fan Jersey

And

Slushie Slinger Drinking Cap

I bet they're going to be wearable! :D

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:58 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Those possible prizes are very nice, but peraonally I'm more excited about a new avatar or site theme than actual prizes. Partly because I'm only Rank 1, and partly because... well, I'm not really a sports fanatic. Both real and virtual disciplines are not my kind of thing ;) . So I'm not really dying to dress my pets in a fan jersey. Although I'll probably cave in and buy a Brightvale keyring (as that will probably be the only prize within my point range anyway :D )

My gallery, Chocolate Dreams: click!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:51 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

zorg wrote:
twinklyspangle wrote:

Patience is a virtue!

'The patient man shows much good sense, but the quick-tempered displays folly at its height'

Anyway, imagine how much more excited you'll be when you get that shiny new trophy.. ;)

:roll:

You sound like my grandmother <3

But still, you are right, but ARGG! How much longer? I can't stand the suspense!

ImageImage
Thanks Rachel!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:20 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

twinklyspangle wrote:
But still, you are right, but ARGG! How much longer? I can't stand the suspense!

Heh, I know how you feel. Perhaps the anxiety is proportionate to how much work we put into it this year? :lol: Now that I'm not sick anymore, I'm getting more anxious about it. Last year, I think it took what, a month? {goes to check} okay, 30 days, according to TDG's post way back when we were discussing TOW prizes here: http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=689474#689474. All things considered, that's not *too* bad, considering how long some of the waits were...
Counting today, we're at 11 days after the Cup ended. So...if they run on the same schedule as last year, we're a little over 1/3 of the way there. Of course, they could always surprise us and have them ready like...tomorrow, or for the weekend news....Hah!
:thinking: The presence of potential prizes already up on the server does bring more hope of prizes show up sooner than 30 days, though. I'm not sure if I'll get those two or not, though...I'm not *that* into the new dress the pets up (this is primarily because my current main pet got Boochi'd a while back so can't wear any of it...).

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:42 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Matrinka wrote:
JellyNeo posted some probable plot prizes!

Altador Cup Fan Jersey

And

Slushie Slinger Drinking Cap

I bet they're going to be wearable! :D

Oh yay. -.- Those are ugly. I was hoping if there was something wearable it would be something I'd want. Oh well, I probably won't have enough points for them anyway. :P I hope the other prizes are good.

And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:22 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

What would be cool is wearable baseball caps with the champion mention on it just like North American teams in Football and hockey have when they their ultuimate shampiship be it the Super Bowl or the Stanley Cup.

Of course to wear them you would have to be a champion just like the Darigan Citadel team is this year :P

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, xxxholic, Full Metal Alchemist, Fruit Baskets, Ergo Proxy, now what is next ? hints wanted from knowledgeable anime fan.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:59 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Well, I finally geeked-out. I sent a letter to the Neopian Times asking about plot prizes. I just wanted to know: what does TNT do after a plot finishes? Why do the prizes take so long to arrive? I really am curious about those two things. I feel that maybe if there is more communication, and we understand where TNT is coming from, we'll be able to wait a bit more patiently. Or so I hope. :)

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:13 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

According to the new editorial, the jersey and cap are wearable.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next