Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Altador Cup [split #5]
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:13 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Altador Cup Main Page
Yooyuball Hints, Tips, and Strategies
Pixa's Supporter Sets
Rankings Explained
Previous Thread

Remember to follow the forum signature rules--all of the images combined must fit into 400x100 pixels.

ImageImageImage
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. - Samuel Clemens

Post subject: Re: Altador Cup [split #5]
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:23 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

afyapardess wrote:
As far as damage control goes, TNT seem to be doing rather well this time.... with AC scores, anyway. This was just posted in the NT Editorial:
Quote:
Hey, I just want to know what's up with the Altador Cup scores. There must have been some problem, and that's obviously what caused the major delay for the 26th's match results. I've seen a ton of KIers claiming to have lost 200-300 games' worth of points against DC. Were they still factored in against DC, even though they weren't updated for the user? ~smallvillefan12225
Correct! We had an issue with the script that calculates individual scores and updates rankings, but all the scores are there and nothing was lost. They were still factored in when tallying tournament results.

The script is being fixed, and your personal results will be calculated soon. No worries!

Wow. I must admit, I'm impressed that they gave us that info. And I must admit as well, that that gives me much relief. Way to be informative on a major issue, TNT!! I'm guessing from that info, that as others of us lost points, they were correcting the script and running into other bugs in it - goodness knows that's VERY easy to do.

I don't guess they explained the downtime, though? And on a side note...200-300 games worth of points...was the site even up and running long enough to get in that many? That's like...10-15 hours...and when it was up, it was going slow...{shrugs}

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:18 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Wow, I guess I was wrong when I said that all my scores were counted. I randomly have about 30 more scores than I did before. I thought something was funny when my games were going up so slowly. I just assumed I hadn't played as much as I thought I had. :P

Set by Moogie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:44 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Thanks for the computer well wishes (if you're really curious, scroll through the last thread). Luckily, my dad was able to recover all the lost data and bought me a new, larger, hard drive. It had to have been the most ironic drive wipe I've ever experienced. Thank goodness this wasn't done during the school year; I don't know if I could have coped with it then.

Anyway, I didn't realize how many games of mine weren't counted! I'm level nine! :D
I wonder if the recalculations have changed the win/draw/lose tallies for the different matches?

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:07 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Matrinka wrote:
I wonder if the recalculations have changed the win/draw/lose tallies for the different matches?

Nope. In that editorial answer, they said the bug was only with our individual ranks -- all scores were counted in the team rankings. Standings won't change (which is really going to annoy those crazy people who claim the glitches hurt their team more than any other, forcing them to lose ;)).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:11 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

So mine definitely updated....all the points I knew for sure that were missing from yesterday, plus an extra 37 yyb games. I can see that these might've been games I thought hadn't submitted earlier in the tourney (since I didn't keep track for the first two weeks as accurately as I do now). But there's also an extra 5 SS and 48 MSN that got added. Weird. I must've played a lot more of those than I thought I did when I wasn't keeping track? But yeah. I definitely got a level out of that...I'm level 13 now! Whee!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:35 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Pickles wrote:
So mine definitely updated....all the points I knew for sure that were missing from yesterday, plus an extra 37 yyb games. I can see that these might've been games I thought hadn't submitted earlier in the tourney (since I didn't keep track for the first two weeks as accurately as I do now). But there's also an extra 5 SS and 48 MSN that got added. Weird. I must've played a lot more of those than I thought I did when I wasn't keeping track?
I'm certain lots of us have been credited for games we never played. Like one or two others, I'm pretty obsessive in keeping tally of the games I play since I made my target - I could tell you how many games I played on any given day, give or take maybe one. I certainly didn't forget about 41 games. Maybe it's a favourable glitch. Or maybe, on top of having Tuesday's delayed points credited, everyone is having a little sweetener added to their personal scores (proportional to average effort in that game, maybe?) to make up for tearing our hair out over lost scores the last couple of days. :P Or to be more practical: to make up for possibly not being able to submit scores while the site was down.

Neopets Premium invites - PM or neomail me! (Please?) :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:40 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

afyapardess wrote:
I'm certain lots of us have been credited for games we never played. Like one or two others, I'm pretty obsessive in keeping tally of the games I play since I made my target - I could tell you how many games I played on any given day, give or take maybe one. I certainly didn't forget about 41 games. Maybe, on top of having Tuesday's delayed points credited, everyone is having a little sweetener added to their YYB scores (proportional to average effort in that game, maybe?) to make up for tearing our hair out over lost scores the last couple of days. :P Or to be more practical: to make up for possibly not being able to submit scores while the site was down.

Well, it'd be nice if they were giving us a bit of a bonus for the downtime, but I'm not going to count on those extra points hanging around - TNT hasn't really ever compensated us for glitches previously. I figure I'll still play as much as I would've without them, since it's possible TNT will be removing them.
Now, off to play Mystery Island!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:44 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Pickles wrote:
And on a side note...200-300 games worth of points...was the site even up and running long enough to get in that many? That's like...10-15 hours...and when it was up, it was going slow...{shrugs}

I think they meant in total, all the players from KI together. Though of course the next question would be how they would make that estimate.. Unless of course they all kept count of the points they missed and added it up together.. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:15 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I knew TNT wouldn't let us down. :)

I only have been playing a few games during the week, but I had about 40 points added to my total, so if I play 3 good hours of games I can go up to level 11 today. :)

EDIT:

TNT have updated the schedule and we have 3 days of finals!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:17 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Three days of finals? YAY! Then I revise my rank target. I'm now going for rank 11, the shiny red one. :D

This is of course assuming that wins we score during the finals will still count towards our rank. If they do, I hope they allow players for teams who AREN'T in the final to play against Jelly World again or something so they can improve their personal ranks too.

Neopets Premium invites - PM or neomail me! (Please?) :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:14 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yeah for three days of finals! What are the odds that they'll make it four and end on Sunday? {shrugs} Not likely, I guess, as that'd be a nice odd number of days if they tallied the results each day instead of a massive total.

However...my results turned up 15 games short. I'm still over what I should be according to what I figured, but...the difference between yesterday and today is not right. I've seen a few people complaining on the neoboards...did anyone here experience a loss?

So long as my points don't keep slipping away, I think I can definitely make the gold! Wahoo!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:24 pm 

Yesterday I got too many games (about 40), and today I think I got about 20 less than I should have. I dont keep track exactly, but I know how long I was playing each day.

This is making it rather difficult to calculate which trophy I should aim for, but as long as I don´t have less points than I should have in total, I will not complain...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:11 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Well, as of right now, I'm officially pulling for KI. I want LD swept... or at least drawn... in any of their matches. Shenkuu has worked so hard, I want to make it to the final four!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:19 pm 

is there a minimum score for both SS and MSN before it registers as a game being played?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next