Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:38 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Altador Cup [split #4]
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:11 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

kcharles wrote:
What are some of your thoughts for what the prizes might be?

I'd like a Darigan Yooyu punching bag! :)
Maybe some plushies of our team players.
Since they've started customization, maybe some team uniforms that could be worn by our pets?

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:13 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Matrinka wrote:
kcharles wrote:
What are some of your thoughts for what the prizes might be?

Since they've started customization, maybe some team uniforms that could be worn by our pets?

I think they'll relese SOMETHING for customization.

Set by the amazing Kitten Medli.
Wanna see some of my writing? Click here!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:52 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

A uniform would be great as a prize - even better, make the catching mitts wearable.

I went up to Level 10 today. :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:09 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Daze wrote:
A uniform would be great as a prize - even better, make the catching mitts wearable.

I went up to Level 10 today. :D

Or one of those foam "#1" hands to cover up those inane fists our pets feel that they need to wave around.

Congrats on level 10! I was *hoping* to get past level 8... but my gaming computer just died. I asked my dad to install GoBack on it so that I could prevent losing a lot of data. Instead of doing a backup, he plunged ahead and started deleting things to make room (no clue why, I had about 20 gigs free)... and wiped my entire c: partition. Apparently, he now has the data back, but can't get Windows to boot. *sigh* I asked for a program to prevent losing data... so he erases EVERYTHING. *end digression*

Hopefully, I can get used to playing YYB on a laptop with an itty bitty mouse. I've scores a few goals... but its just not comfortable.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:11 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I think a good prize would be making the pompoms and waterbottles holdable and wearable.

Set by the amazing Kitten Medli.
Wanna see some of my writing? Click here!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:25 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Congrats on level 10 Daze!

Did anyone else not get all of their points for last night counted for them, or was I the only one this time? {grumbles}

I wouldn't mind seeing other Yooyus as prizes - so long as none of them are paintable, like the snow kookith or white ona.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:46 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Pickles wrote:
Well, it's happened to me now, too. :x
I played 86 games of YYB last night (yes, I meticulously keep track), and it looks like only 23 of them counted. Either that, or they removed games from previous days. I'm furious! :x I worked my tail off! As soon as I get home, I'm submitting a bug report(didn't have time before I left for work), but I doubt I'll be seeing any of those points again.

I'm missing another 24, on top of the 30 from the last match, so I can sympathize. At least my MSN wins actually showed up this time.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:49 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I'm actually not very bothered by the wonky scores, I don't keep track of how many games I play because I usually play not more that 15 games before I get bored and change activities. Often I lose count halfway anyway. It would be nice to advance another rank, but with my attention span I don't see it happening anytime soon. I sympathize with those who've lost hours of hard work, though. I hope Neo fixes things soon, or at least acknowledges that there's a bug.

niel/dark_draconis88 on Neo/GPX+

Devourer of Oranges

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:53 pm 

On the topic of missing scores, they didn't count around 20 or so games of mine on wednesday. So I sent a bug report to them on thursday explaining that I had lost 20 or so games and should be lv.10 as opposed to lv.9. So I play enough to gain a level yesterday. . . and today I'm lv.11. But the numbers are still the same and according to them I should still be lv.10. Soo pretty much, they gave me my games back in level form, but were unable to update the numbers. I'm just kinda wondering how many games I need to reach the next level now. . . o_O
In any case, if you're having problems with lost games, try sending a bug report and hopefully they'll at least fix your level.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:37 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Hiroko wrote:
On the topic of missing scores, they didn't count around 20 or so games of mine on wednesday. So I sent a bug report to them on thursday explaining that I had lost 20 or so games and should be lv.10 as opposed to lv.9. So I play enough to gain a level yesterday. . . and today I'm lv.11. But the numbers are still the same and according to them I should still be lv.10. Soo pretty much, they gave me my games back in level form, but were unable to update the numbers. I'm just kinda wondering how many games I need to reach the next level now. . . o_O
In any case, if you're having problems with lost games, try sending a bug report and hopefully they'll at least fix your level.

I'm wondering if this will help me or not - today was the first day in several that I was *not* going to level. (I should be like, 20 points shy of level 13). I'll give it a try, though, for sure. Hearing that they may actually be fixing things as much as they can does make me feel a little better at least. {waits impatiently for the rest of the day to go by so I can go}

On a side note, I did take a look at the wins/draws/losses for the teams (yeah for having a friend email the results to me!), to see if I could come up with a system for how to "rank" things. Who knows whether or not this is how TNT is going to do it, but I thought it'd be fun to try.
So here's my idea: Each Yooyuball win is worth 3 points, each draw 0, and each loss -3; each SS win is 1 point, each draw 0, and each loss -1, and each MSN win is 1 point, each draw 0, and each loss -1. This makes it weighted for YYB to be worth more than the others. That being said, I used Excel to calculate "total" team scores.
Here's the "scores" of the teams who have won at least half of the current total number of games:
Darigan: 84
Roo Island: 82
Krawk Island: 74
Shenkuu: 69
Lost Desert: 67
Mystery Island: 57
Haunted Woods: 33

And, for kicks, here's the "Big Games" left: (when the above teams play each other)
Roo Island: Mystery Island (Friday), Krawk (Sunday)
Krawk Island: Lost Desert (Saturday), Roo Island (Sunday), Mystery Island (Tuesday)
Darigan: Shenkuu (Tuesday), Haunted Woods (Wednesday)
Shenkuu: Darigan (Tuesday)
Mystery Island: Roo Island (Friday), Krawk Island (Tuesday)
Haunted Woods: Darigan (Wednesday)
Lost Desert: Krawk (Saturday)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:21 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

You calculate minus points for a loss? That's pretty harsh :P I also notice that the point difference between win / draw / loss is the same, which would mean that a win is worth twice that of a draw (there's a 3 point difference between each step). I think it's more likely they'll go for more conventional system, like win (3), draw (1) and loss (0). It's just the weighted ratio's between the three games that has to be figured out. Even then it won't matter, since TNT have never released how they calculate things before (at least not to my knowledge).

But yeah, it's fun :P I also made a system, since that was more fun than playing the same game over and over again.. I have Roo slightly higher than Darigan (just by half a point), but otherwise it's the same as your list.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:23 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Why oh why did they have to drag this out for a whole few weeks?
I'm SO BORED..
I feel bad because I was playing for my team to start.. and now i'm just so utterly tired of playing the stupid games..
I'm going to force myself to with Roo island, though chances are, based on our current record, we'll probably lose.

I don't care anymore! I just want this over.

The funny thing is though, I'm not even at a high level.. I think i'm barely level 2.. yet i'm still SO bored with it. Arrgh..

From WIS! (Thank you!)
Please keep your signature within the 400x100 px limit.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:46 pm 

Matrinka wrote:
Congrats on level 10! I was *hoping* to get past level 8... but my gaming computer just died. I asked my dad to install GoBack on it so that I could prevent losing a lot of data. Instead of doing a backup, he plunged ahead and started deleting things to make room (no clue why, I had about 20 gigs free)... and wiped my entire c: partition. Apparently, he now has the data back, but can't get Windows to boot. *sigh* I asked for a program to prevent losing data... so he erases EVERYTHING. *end digression*

I know you don't want to hear this, but that's about the most ironic thing I've read in weeks.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:25 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Kenjiro wrote:
You calculate minus points for a loss? That's pretty harsh :P I also notice that the point difference between win / draw / loss is the same, which would mean that a win is worth twice that of a draw (there's a 3 point difference between each step). I think it's more likely they'll go for more conventional system, like win (3), draw (1) and loss (0). It's just the weighted ratio's between the three games that has to be figured out. Even then it won't matter, since TNT have never released how they calculate things before (at least not to my knowledge).

But yeah, it's fun :P I also made a system, since that was more fun than playing the same game over and over again.. I have Roo slightly higher than Darigan (just by half a point), but otherwise it's the same as your list.

It's more that draws are worth nothing either way, Losses are worth -1, and wins +1 - just did the x3 for YYB to give it more weight in the end. The negative doesn't *really* matter either way...if they did win(3), draw(1), loss(0), that could be the same thing as win(2), draw(0), loss(-1). I guess I'm just sadistic in the sense that I see a loss as needing to be an actual loss. Plus, it's so much more fun to end up with scores that are negative :P (I'm probably just being affected by the fact that I'm still irritated about the loss of scores - I really am not usually quite so harsh, really ;) )

In the end, we'll probably have no clue how they end up calculating the top place.

Matrinka, I'm sorry about your computer, really. That stinks muchly. I've had something similar happen to me (granted, several years back). I was booting my (at the time 10-year-old) laptop specifically to back up some files I'd worked on the previous night (in the time when back-up meant floppy disk) and it refused to boot. To make matters worse, the primary file I was trying to get to was a poem I'd written about a computer geek whose computer died. :roll: I know it probably doesn't help now, but looking back...I laugh about that quite a bit.

Just out of curiosity, is anyone else still trying for the gold? Unless I get my points back, I'm not sure I can make it, but who knows...I can be a very determined person when need be ;) If I'm even slightly close....

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:39 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Well, slap me with a fish, I really didn't expect TNT to pull it off, but my personal goal glitch has been fixed. My Number of Wins updated to 274 and I am at Rank 5 like I should be now. :)

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

Last edited by anjuna on Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next