Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:09 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Altador Cup [split #4]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:57 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Matrinka wrote:
Anyone else here a glutton for misery and visit the neoboards? Holy goodness... I never knew it was a conspiracy to break the servers just so that Krawk Island would have a plausible excuse for losing to a team like Shenkuu. Apparently, they're going to release a new ninja set of clothing to compliment customization and having Shenkuu take the cup is how it will be introduced into the neopian economy. It's a conspiracy!

I still say the real place for ninja's is Mystery Island.. How can you be a ninja and not have a secret ninja training school, hmm? Shenkuu is just a place where old wrinkly monks live :P

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:41 pm 

Well, they have the scores from the other day up.

Krawk Island lost to Darigan. This time it was a full-fledged defeat.

Sad shapu...so sad...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:45 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

shapu wrote:
Well, they have the scores from the other day up.

Krawk Island lost to Darigan. This time it was a full-fledged defeat.

Sad shapu...so sad...

Does this mean that everyone's points got fixed as well? Just curious, since I didn't lose mine.

And drat...I was kinda hoping Krawk and Darigan would tie.
Can't wait to get home and see the full results!!!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:49 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Now that the Clockwork Yooyu has a set fuse rather than a random one, it's time for a scoring strategy.
I noticed that it moves slowly like the Snow Yooyu but the goalie doesn't defend against it very well. He/she just DOESN'T notice it very quickly. So basically follow the strategy for the normal Yooyu but move slightly closer to the goalie to score. It is essential that you try to score because the fuse allows for it--if you don't score the opponent might.
By the way, the goalie can no longer hold the Darigan Yooyu--it will be shot when time's up, and the goalie cannot automatically catch it when it bounces back. I guess TNT is getting smarter...

Valrigard the Draik
Neopets username: lord_valrigard

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:04 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

That's odd, on the results for tuesday for me it says darigan and krawk did tie for yooyuball anyway. o_O I'm hoping you guys are right though since I'm on Darigan. Plus I still never got the games I played that day updated to my achievements. :x

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:16 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Pickles wrote:
Does this mean that everyone's points got fixed as well? Just curious, since I didn't lose mine.

And drat...I was kinda hoping Krawk and Darigan would tie.
Can't wait to get home and see the full results!!!
YAAAAY! They're up! I do hope it was counted correctly, though, and everyone gets full credit for the games they played.

I can PM full results to you if you want, Pickles, if you PM me in the next few mins before bed. :) Basically, it looks like RI have taken the lead by a VERY narrow margin, with Darigan second, followed by KI.... and Shenkuu have stormed into position 4 with their clean sweep. :)

Neopets Premium invites - PM or neomail me! (Please?) :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:51 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

My scores are coming back as undefined. Does this mean my submitted scores are not being tabulated?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:56 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Though I am in Shenku, I think Darigan looks like the strongest team if they are really 'into' it. Their weaknesses, I would say, is not taking things seriously and also not being very team-minded (they are really bad in SS, though they easily won the rematches with RI/KI, but drew so nmany easy teams, the explanation I can come with was that SS is the "least" individual point-yielding if you factor the time in, so they being individual goal-minded, don't play it). Personally I am happy our schedule is right after them - they seem to burn our opponents but I am not looking forward to play them. They are a bit bragging at the boards, but I like them just like I like the Aussie cricket team.

KI and Roo looks like the next two best teams. Solid, has lots of pros, and they are milder, with high team spirit on the boards. I would hate to pick one over the other.

I would like to think we are as good as Mystery Island, Lost Desert, Haunted Woods. But we look more of an underdog than the other three and also because Darigan is before us, so I feel we have a better chance than the other three. Our disadvantage (or is it advantage??) was that our first round results were poor - which I think was because like me, other in our teams are 'relatively' newcomer to the Cup, (I am not saying, new to Neopets) so we took time to become reasonably good in YYB. But we would have to work as hard, if not harder, in the next few days.

Other teams look virtually non-existent, but I like them because they sometimes give nice and pleasant suprises, which is necessary for a Cup, specially the one which is too tedious because of the double round robin format.

Overall its a good event -I was expecting more glitichiness with so many people sending information to Neopets so frequently, so kudos to TNT.

Anyway these were my thoughts - I do not meant to offend anybody, but if I have, I would like to apologise.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:24 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

afyapardess wrote:
I can PM full results to you if you want, Pickles, if you PM me in the next few mins before bed. :) Basically, it looks like RI have taken the lead by a VERY narrow margin, with Darigan second, followed by KI.... and Shenkuu have stormed into position 4 with their clean sweep. :)

Hehe, I'm home now, but thanks though. I left work shortly before you posted. I'm looking at the results now...and I'm kinda really excited that they drew after all. That really did help us (Roo) more than anything else could have! I think we have a pretty good chance of being 1st or 2nd now, wahoo!

Okay, off to dinner and then more YYB!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:01 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Pickles wrote:

Nope. I'm still short about 30 YYB points and 15 MSN points, according to my ridiculously obsessive tally.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:14 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

forcesinbalance wrote:
Pickles wrote:

Nope. I'm still short about 30 YYB points and 15 MSN points, according to my ridiculously obsessive tally.

Well I just submitted a bug report since I still haven't recieved any of my points for Tuesday. Hopefully they'll get it fixed if enough people report it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:14 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

evenstar wrote:
Well I just submitted a bug report since I still haven't recieved any of my points for Tuesday. Hopefully they'll get it fixed if enough people report it.

I doubt they'll be able to, actually. They probably have no way to verify the lost scores. Those of us who have been keeping track know what's missing, but we can't really prove it. It's too late to affect anything other than our personal rankings, anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:25 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

YES! We beat KI! And I can't believe we beat a top team in ss, although honestly if my dad didn't use the computer I would have got more wins in yyb and since it was a draw those 40 extra wins could have meant something. Also sid_basu4243 is right about us. I'm one of those. A lot of Dc players JUST play yyb and in like the final half an hour they go play some ss. Although since MSN is far faster then some people play a lot of MSN and that's why we're pretty good in there.

Oh crap! I just remembered that I left my car keys in the OTHER dimension...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:44 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well, it's happened to me now, too. :x
I played 86 games of YYB last night (yes, I meticulously keep track), and it looks like only 23 of them counted. Either that, or they removed games from previous days. I'm furious! :x I worked my tail off! As soon as I get home, I'm submitting a bug report(didn't have time before I left for work), but I doubt I'll be seeing any of those points again. {sigh} 3 hours of hard work, down the drain.
If I don't get those other *63* games counted for, I have no chance in meeting any of my goals. I could have understood if they just wiped Tuesdays scores. But clearly, since I had put in 100 that day, and 63 are missing, that's not what happened. I think they're still having trouble with their servers.

At least Roo won...
{goes off to fume silently at work}

Edit: If they *are* still having trouble with the servers, why have they not said anything? I mean, seriously. I don't think anyone would be too angry if they paused the tourney to get things right. At least, then, we wouldn't be spending time only to find out later than things are not being counted. {fumes}. Maybe I'll send a question to the editorial about this as well. (not likely it'll get answered though, huh?).

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

Last edited by Pickles on Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:56 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

What are some of your thoughts for what the prizes might be?

Set by the amazing Kitten Medli.
Wanna see some of my writing? Click here!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next