Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:51 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Altador Cup Summer 2007
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:39 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Okay, I'm curious as can be since I didn't participate last year... what exactly do we do in the Altador cup? I assume that it has to do with the Yooyu somehow. Do we play Crisis Courier and rack up points? Play another game?

Anyone care to speculate about the teams? If they're available, I'm torn between team Shenkuu, Mystery Island, or Maraqua. Are there any strategies I should follow?

:)

Thanks!

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:57 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I think the Altador Cup was probably a one off event and won't be played this year.
But they have said that the Yooyu ball game wil be available for everyone to play soon. It was basically 5 a side football/soccer

Get your egg at http://www.pickle-green.com/egraphics/main.php?id=eggs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:31 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I kinda hope the Altador Cup isn't a yearly event; it was originally done to correspond to... crapIforgotwhatitwascalled last year.

What did happen, though, was that we would play a game; we controlled one of the Teams (whichever one we were allied with) and we'd play a game of Yooyuball. This game couldn't be played for NP but, depending on how many points we got in a game and how many games we played (I think the maximum point allowance was 10, but I -- and many other people -- didn't find it massively fun, so we used a small flaw to get a point and then run down the clock while not doing anything). The more points, the greater the victory.

Also, larger teams were handicapped, so having a massive number of players didn't decide that a team would immediately win, giving smaller teams an opportunity to pull ahead.

For the record, Darigan Citadel all the way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:25 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm not sure how they'll deal with Shenkuu - or Neovia - or this new world. They had a nice even 16 teams last year (good for a 4-week playoff), so who knows if any of the newer worlds will be added?

Hopefully this year there won't be a glitch on what team you're on. I remember last year, I signed up for Altador, and then somehow ended up on the Kreludor team for the first tourney. I wasn't too pleased.

Wouldn't it be cool if Faerieland won, and they give out Faerie Paint Brushes as a prize option? (yeah, right, like that'd happen!) Seriously though, hopefully one of the worlds (Faerieland, Mystery Island, Maraqua, Lost Desert, Haunted Woods, Tyrannia, Krawk Island) with a related p/b will win and they'll have them as options to spend prize points on. It *might* help prices on them, since lately everything has been shooting upwards. (Or of course, they could just start letting people win Maraquan, Faerie, Island, or Pirate paint brushes off the World Challenges again, that'd be nice, hah.)

I also kinda hoping that they'll give out a different colored Yooyu (and make them all non-paintable, like the White Onas from the advent calendar).

Anyways. I'm looking forward to it! It could potentially start as early as this weekend!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:29 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Maybe they'll take some of the less popular choices away, and introduce shenkuu, and neovia (although i don't really see the point, they look just like haunted woods to me :roll: ) maybe even jelly wor... no, that couldn't be, there is no jelly world.

Either way, Darigan is gonna win the cup this year, i tell you!
GO DARIGAN CITADEL!

Also Rauven on Neopets

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:43 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

You trained against Jelly World. Anyway, I think TNT stated somwhere that they'll be a monthly event, but I don't really trust things TNT say once in the editorial.

Set by Pixa <3 || WWW for previous sets || T-Shirts gallery
Support Roo Island!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:20 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

ChaosShadow wrote:
I kinda hope the Altador Cup isn't a yearly event;

Can't remember where I read it, Times or in The News, but we are certainly having it again this year.

:battar:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:30 pm 

Rauven wrote:
Maybe they'll take some of the less popular choices away, and introduce shenkuu, and neovia (although i don't really see the point, they look just like haunted woods to me :roll: ) maybe even jelly wor... no, that couldn't be, there is no jelly world.

Either way, Darigan is gonna win the cup this year, i tell you!
GO DARIGAN CITADEL!

I would HATE to have it again this year. But Darigan Citadel is the best! (With them from the start) We'll beat all the other teams. If there is another Alt Cup, I wish that all us PPTers could join a single team and win.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:32 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

If TNT wants to add the newer worlds, they could always do what real-life tournaments with a bad number of teams do and have a play-in game or two. For example, Neovia could play Shenkuu for the right to play Faerieland in the "normal" first round. It'd introduce an additional element of chance into the competition.

ImageImageImage
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. - Samuel Clemens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:39 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
I think their most likely course will be to replace either the winner(because we got the prizes from that world just a year ago), or the least popular teams, so people will keep changing teams and it won't just be last year's Altador Cup again. For instance, I think they might replace the Haunted Woods with Shenkuu, and Kiko Lake with Neovia. It'd be an easy way to shake up the teams.
In any case, I'm still signing up for Darigan if they're in this Cup. I was with them from the start last time.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:04 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I hope they DO have the Altador Cup again this year. I really enjoyed it, and it's always nice to pick sides for something. It's also fairly easy, and people can put as much or as little time as they want into it, and be rewarded accordingly. So, yeah. :) I especially want another chance for Tyrannia, we got shafted last year. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:18 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

{drags up Daze's old post from the "Future Plot Speculation" board}Here's where everyone remembers that we're having Altador Cup from:
Daze wrote:
Courteous of Jellyneo, this is from the latest Neopets Magazine:

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:50 pm 

Oh yeah, I read about that in the Neo Magazine (been subscribing for a long time). But I wish a bunch of PPTers could join together for one team, but that might be fixing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:02 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

why's that? we're all allowed to join any team, right? And I guess you can expect groups of people joining the same team as well..

I think it's a pretty fun idea to have like, teams from a couple of popular Neopets related sites playing against each other :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:07 pm 

Yeah, if all the PPTers joined one team, we'd make a lot of influence on the outcome. We all have to work together to beat the others, so why shouldn't we all join one team? That'd be funny if JellyNeo was doing the same thing, although we would so win. :P

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next