Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Journey to the Lost Isle Discussion (split #12)
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:25 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Journal: http://www.neopets.com/mip/index.phtml
Comic: http://www.neopets.com/mip/comic.phtml

Past Threads:
[original], [split 1], [split 2], [split 3], [split 4], [split 5], [split 6], [split 7], [split 8], [split 9], [split 10],
[split 11]

<center>Walkthrough:</center>

<center>----------
Part One
----------</center>

Visit this page, where you will be lead to a game that must be completed. The game operates similarly to a Tangram puzzle, in which you must place all of the ship's supplies within the grid provided.

Complete the puzzle by arranging the pieces so they all fit within the grid, then click Submit. You must complete three puzzles of increasing difficulty to continue.

If you have trouble solving them, try these Useful Tips and Tricks first.

If you still cannot figure out your puzzle, post the image here (Please note - all pictures must be less than 500 pixels wide! If it is over this, please link to the picture's URL, do not use the image tags).

A note to all people solving puzzles for others, Please do not give the location of anymore than three pieces of the puzzle.

<center>----------
Part Two
This part of the plot is finished, and can no longer be completed.
The challenger in question has been removed from the Battledome, and can no longer be fought

----------</center>

Visit Chapter 2 of the comic. On the last page (page 4) click on the last cell of the comic.
This will allow you to challenge the Ravenous Monster in the Battledome.

<center>----------
Part Three
----------</center>

Visit this page. Here you will find a puzzle where you must figure out the code to open a lock. (Much like Time Tunnel.)

Click on each ring to shift it into position, then click on the red button in the center of the puzzle to check it.

If you get a green light, you have the correct symbol in the correct position. If you get a yellow light, you have the correct symbol in the wrong position.

The number in the red button indicates how many attempts you have left on that puzzle. If you don't solve it in that number of attempts, the puzzle will reset and won't be the same as the previous times. Keep trying! You may find it useful to rotate one ring at a time and use the process of elimination to figure it out.

You will have to solve 3 of these puzzles to continue, and they're different for everyone.

Glitch note: If you have completed your third puzzle, but the plot has not progressed (i.e. you are getting puzzle three again but with a red button showing "0"), either refresh the page or go back to the journal, then the comic, then the puzzle. This should solve the problem.

<center>----------
Part Four
This part of the plot is finished, and can no longer be completed.
The challenger in question has been removed from the Battledome, and can no longer be fought

----------</center>

The Monstrous Moach is now a challenger in the battledome. Go out there and get them!

<center>----------
Part Five
--------</center>

Click on the last frame of Chapter 5 in the comic to take you to the maze. The maze starts with you at the boat. Some people have one path to click here (just above the boat), and others have two (above the boat and off to the right of the screen). You may find it beneficial to create a map of your maze, as in this guide. You have to collect 9 pieces to repair the boat. Some pieces should already be in your quest inventory.

The thorns can be found by clicking on the last panel of Chapter 4, but this seems to be glitchy for a few people. The jawbone can be found by clicking on or near the Mootix on the map in Mad Tongue Murphy's journal. (Alternately, you can highlight text just above the journal, then press TAB, then press ENTER.)

The other pieces must be collected by searching the maze. Collect pieces by clicking on them. The branch must be "sawn off" with the jawbone: open your quest inventory, select the jawbone, and click on the branch.

Some people are getting "stuck" in their mazes, when the maze loops back on itself. This is a bug, but TNT has been working on it. Check your maze periodically to see if it has changed.

Once you have collected all 9 pieces, return to the boat and start using items on it. The items have to be used in a particular order:

Vines
Planks
Thorns
Metal Hammer
Bucket
Branch
Steam Vent
Ship's Wheel

There is no notification that this step is finished.

<center>----------
Notes
----------</center>

This is a snowglobe from the Smuggler's Cove and unrelated to the plot.

ImageImageImage
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. - Samuel Clemens

Last edited by Pudding on Fri May 25, 2007 6:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:41 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Mine was fixed in about an hour from the time I sent the glitch report in. Not sure if it is needed to send it in, but I did, and it is fixed.

My boat is floating. I never made it to all the rooms. I found myself at the boat with all the listed items and they worked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:00 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

My maze fixed itself, and I'm finally done!

http://www.neopets.com/~Blumaronee (not my pet) has a decent guide to what to do with all the stuff once you get it, if anyone needs help.

schnozbrry = carol4cubs @ neo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:02 pm 

i'm sorry to keep harping on this, but is anyone able to tell me if the hammer/motor is something I need to look for IN the maze or if it truly is something that I will get from clicking on a comic? If it's a comic thing, then I'll just sit tight and wait for the glitch to be fixed. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:09 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

oh thank god the glitch is fixed! I finally got back to my boat yay! I hope we never have to go back into that maze again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:19 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Wait, you're supposed to use the jawbone on the ship after you secure it with the vines? What does that do?

I already used the rest of the items in order and can't use the jawbone now. Hrmm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:23 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Phew, my map is fixed and my items didn't go away. I can't seem to use the jaw on the boat. Everything else works, though.

Set made by Moogie. Thanks for the wonderful work :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:30 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

As far as i know the jawbone was only used to cut the branch or whatever, i don't think there's anything else we can do after the boat is floating....yet. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:40 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Whew, ok. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:44 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

When my maze was fixed, several new paths (I already had 22) were added in between my own. All that mapping was almost useless. :cry: I finished, but not without getting lost again...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:45 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I don't know if this was said in the last thread or not, but the second path from the boat wasn't available to me or my boyfriend before we completed the puzzle, but it was available afterwards. Maybe we have to venture out into the woods?

I know Pudding's walkthrough says there's no notification of completion, but TNT has been really good at letting us know we're done with each part. I don't remember which editorial it was, but I do remember TNT saying something about how they felt bad for us :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:46 pm 

Right I was halfway through my mapping then I had to leave for an evening exam so now I'm back and intend to finish it!
Right when I'm done I'm SOOO putting my map on here if it helps anyone I would be happy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:47 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Capricorn, here are the permitted three hints:

The vertical piece with the piece in the middle pointing left touches the top of the grid and lies along the right side of the grid.

The cross piece is just below it and touches the right side of the grid.

The piece just under this, along the right side and bottom of the grid is the horizontal piece with the mop pointed up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:49 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

peko wrote:
i'm sorry to keep harping on this, but is anyone able to tell me if the hammer/motor is something I need to look for IN the maze or if it truly is something that I will get from clicking on a comic? If it's a comic thing, then I'll just sit tight and wait for the glitch to be fixed. Thanks.

You need to have finished the door puzzle before doing this part of the plot. You get the nail gun put in your inventory when you finish the third part of that puzzle. That was the object we pocketed that no one ever got to see until now.

This is the door puzzle: http://www.neopets.com/mip/mstcode.phtml?

When you click on that link, if you get a door with a puzzle with symbols then you still need to complete that part of the puzzle. If you get a pic of the four explorers and language that says "Looks like you've done it. With a soft hiss, the door slides open and allows you to enter. A gleam of metal on the floor catches your eye, and you quickly pocket the object," then you should have the nail gun in your inventory.

Tested made this fabulous set for me!!! Isn't it great?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:56 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
whhattisthiss wrote:
I know Pudding's walkthrough says there's no notification of completion, but TNT has been really good at letting us know we're done with each part. I don't remember which editorial it was, but I do remember TNT saying something about how they felt bad for us :P

There's no notification of completion, so this may not be the end of Part 5, but considering the glitchiness of the maze, the notification might also be glitched.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next