Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:40 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Journey to the Lost Isle (Split 9)
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:15 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Journal: http://www.neopets.com/mip/index.phtml
Comic: http://www.neopets.com/mip/comic.phtml

Past Threads:
[original], [split 1], [split 2], [split 3], [split 4], [split 5], [split 6], [split 7], [split 8]

Walkthrough:

Part One

Visit the Journal and click on the button that says To the puzzle. (Note: As of May 2, this button no longer appears. Click the link provided instead.) That will take you to a game where you must help Scrap sort all of the various items on the ship into a neat square. The game is a little like Tetris or Tangrams, and everyone has different puzzles. It usually helps to put the oddly-shaped pieces together first and fit the rest around them, but there are many techniques to use. Once you're done, click Submit. You will have to solve 3 of these puzzles in all, and the procedure's the same for each of them. Twinklyspangle posted some excellent tips here.

If you get stuck, feel free to post a screenshot in this thread to ask for help. Make sure your images are under 500 pixels wide. Any larger and you'll stretch people's screens. If your image is wider than that, please link to it. If you don’t know how wide it is, right-click on it and select properties.

***Important***
Anyone asking for assistance with their puzzles will receive a maximum of three correct piece placements. Anyone helping to solve puzzles, please only give a maximum of three piece placements. The moderating staff feels that this is a nice compromise between offering no assistance and a full solution. Play nice :)

Part Two
(This part of the plot is closed.)

Visit Chapter 2 of the comic. On the last page (page 4) click on the last cell of the comic. This will allow you to challenge the Ravenous Monster in the Battledome. It deals water, earth, and physical icons, so a Leaf Shield is recommended if you want to defend (and have one already--it's very inflated now). The faerie ability Burrow is also very useful.

Part Three

Go to the journal and click on To the puzzle! again. This will take you to a puzzle where you must figure out the code to open a lock. (It's similar to Time Tunnel.) Click on each ring to shift it into position, then click on the red button in the center of the puzzle to check it.

If you get a green light, you have the correct symbol in the correct position. If you get a yellow light, you have the correct symbol in the wrong position.

The number in the red button indicates how many attempts you have left on that puzzle. If you don't solve it in that number of attempts, the puzzle will reset and won't be the same as the previous times. Keep trying! You may find it useful to rotate one ring at a time and use the process of elimination to figure it out.

You will have to solve 3 of these puzzles to continue, and they're different for everyone.

Glitch note: If you have completed your third puzzle, but the plot has not progressed (i.e. you are getting puzzle three again but with a red button showing "0"), either refresh the page or go back to the journal, then the comic, then the puzzle. This should solve the problem.

---

This is a snowglobe from the Smuggler's Cove and unrelated to the plot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:44 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Well that was fun...the last puzzle was much more difficult with all those rings, but let me tell ya'll, it -is- possible to finish!
My strategy was to start with the first ring. I progressed through the rings and wrote down which symbols were not included in that particular puzzle. That seriously helped when it came to finishing the 3rd puzzle. I was on my last ring and I had one symbol written down on my paper that was supposed to be in and voila!
Good luck to everybody who's still working on their puzzle. Don't give up guys!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:53 am 

LaraLeigh, if you still haven't solved it, here's a hint

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:28 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Woohoo, I finished the last of that blasted ring puzzle. Working through ring by ring worked for me too. Just a long process of elimination.

[Manufactured by Byakuya San]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:17 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

:hug: to unr4veled -- your post in the last split (first page) really helped me with my third ring puzzle. I managed to fumble my way through the first two without reading hints, but the third drove me bonkers... until I figured out that the lights didn't correspond to the symbols, doh! I think I was lucky in my first two puzzles, that the lights all corresponded to the symobls. So glad that plot step's over! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:31 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Wheee! The whole ring thing took less then 30 minutes. I got lucky on that last one and got it on the second try.

Post subject: PLz help plz plz plz Busted my brains trying
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:43 am 

The first to where like a sinch put this one has been busting my brains and cant cmomplete it so if u can plz help me plz

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa15 ... puzzle.gif

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:28 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

To Heydog77--We're only supposed to give 3 pieces as a hint, but I'll give you ONE more hint (AND THAT'S IT) Just to the right of the sandbag and the horizontal box, two similar pieces go there. I know it's a little vague, but you'll feel better if you solve it for yourself.

Do you have your towel?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:12 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Hello fellow plotters!!

There is much speculation about with the backwards writing in the background, although I know speculation holds little reality, particulary if gleened from the neoboards.

On a side note, I have tidied my desk.

*is bored waiting for the plot to continue*

ImageImage
Thanks Rachel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:35 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Yo. Tis plot time once again. I'll appear whenever that happens. Albeit always slightly late to the scene. Heh.

Anyways.

I cleared the two currently open puzzles within 10 minutes. It was mostly dumb luck, I suppose. I used what could be described as the "blind broadside" technique on the rings, by cycling all the rings to a single symbol and checking to see when a green light or several appear. Then by multitasking logic elimination, I could lock in correct sequences before I ran out of guesses.

I call it blind because there's no guarantee that it'll work the first, second, or even third time. It relies on some luck because you never know what will turn up when you flip so many rings at once. Of course, since you aren't really penalized for failing to solve a code, you can keep doing it until you get lucky enough for it to work. It's not as bad as randomly stumbling around without direction though, and it works through things much faster than trying to do one ring at a time.

It's sort of complicated if your brain doesn't work that way. I probably should get some specifics down. Also, it helps to remain calm while reading and implementing this strategy. Especially if you're trying to do both at the same time...which I don't really recommend. Just stick to reading first.

As I said before, I started out by flipping all the rings at once to a single type of symbol. I kept doing this until some green lights appeared.

After getting one green light or several, flip half of the rings to the next symbol. Take note of how many green lights vanished and appeared. If none disappeared, shift those rings one more symbol ahead. If a majority of them disappeared, flip the half you flipped back to their original position, then flip the half you didn't flip to the next symbol. If some green lights actually appeared, flip the half you didn't flip to the next symbol.

Take a breath to avoid your head exploding after reading that.

Obviously, there are a few things you might do differently....if it is obvious that there are some correct ones on one half, you may choose to flip less of them to figure out which ones were correct. You can tell if you had it correct in a flipped set or a flipped single ring if a green light disappears. If you get yellow lights, that means that you found a symbol that can be used somewhere else in the code (one yellow light), or you've found a ring that was set to a correct symbol AND you've found a symbol that is useful elsewhere in the code (two yellow lights). One yellow light also means that you've eliminated the two symbols (pre and post shifting) from that set of rings.

Take another deep breath.

If you've found more than two yellow lights, then it's safe to assume that the other half that you didn't mess with probably uses that symbol a lot.

Most of this puzzle's trickiness is how well you can process a fair amount of data in your head; you're basically juggling with your brain. Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:51 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

weirdguy wrote:
Yo. Tis plot time once again. I'll appear whenever that happens. Albeit always slightly late to the scene. Heh.

Anyways.

I cleared the two currently open puzzles within 10 minutes. It was mostly dumb luck, I suppose. I used what could be described as the "blind broadside" technique on the rings, by cycling all the rings to a single symbol and checking to see when a green light or several appear. Then by multitasking logic elimination, I could lock in correct sequences before I ran out of guesses.

I call it blind because there's no guarantee that it'll work the first, second, or even third time. It relies on some luck because you never know what will turn up when you flip so many rings at once. Of course, since you aren't really penalized for failing to solve a code, you can keep doing it until you get lucky enough for it to work. It's not as bad as randomly stumbling around without direction though, and it works through things much faster than trying to do one ring at a time.

It's sort of complicated if your brain doesn't work that way. I probably should get some specifics down. Also, it helps to remain calm while reading and implementing this strategy. Especially if you're trying to do both at the same time...which I don't really recommend. Just stick to reading first.

As I said before, I started out by flipping all the rings at once to a single type of symbol. I kept doing this until some green lights appeared.

After getting one green light or several, flip half of the rings to the next symbol. Take note of how many green lights vanished and appeared. If none disappeared, shift those rings one more symbol ahead. If a majority of them disappeared, flip the half you flipped back to their original position, then flip the half you didn't flip to the next symbol. If some green lights actually appeared, flip the half you didn't flip to the next symbol.

Take a breath to avoid your head exploding after reading that.

Obviously, there are a few things you might do differently....if it is obvious that there are some correct ones on one half, you may choose to flip less of them to figure out which ones were correct. You can tell if you had it correct in a flipped set or a flipped single ring if a green light disappears. If you get yellow lights, that means that you found a symbol that can be used somewhere else in the code (one yellow light), or you've found a ring that was set to a correct symbol AND you've found a symbol that is useful elsewhere in the code (two yellow lights). One yellow light also means that you've eliminated the two symbols (pre and post shifting) from that set of rings.

Take another deep breath.

If you've found more than two yellow lights, then it's safe to assume that the other half that you didn't mess with probably uses that symbol a lot.

Most of this puzzle's trickiness is how well you can process a fair amount of data in your head; you're basically juggling with your brain. Good luck.

Actually, what you say is basically the same tactiv I used, but you don't NEED to keep everything in your head, use a piece of paper!

ImageImage
Thanks Rachel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:06 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Right. Substitute memory with paper when necessary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:06 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

weirdguy wrote:
Right. Substitute memory with paper when necessary.

:roflol:
For some reason, the way I heard that in my head while reading it struck me as funny. Maybe it's because I tried to do mine completely by memory and kicked myself for it a couple times...

I wonder if there'll be an update on tomorrow's news? If they're going to get this plot done before June (assuming, of course, that they are doing Altador Cup and do no plan on having two plots going on at the same time...), we probably will.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:59 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Pickles wrote:
I wonder if there'll be an update on tomorrow's news? If they're going to get this plot done before June (assuming, of course, that they are doing Altador Cup and do no plan on having two plots going on at the same time...), we probably will.

I don't hope so, cause that would mean this plot would be over with in about 2 weeks. I can't remember plots ever being that short, not even the mini-plot (please correct me if I'm wrong) But it would be a bit much to have the Cup and this plot running at the same time o_O
I really hope there will be an update in the news tomorrow!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:07 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Maybe they'll run both at the same time? I mean, the Cup isn't even really a plot, it's more like just a game. I don't see how that would affect anything much. People could do it between the plot steps (seeing as everyone is always impatient for the next step :P)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next