Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:41 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Journey to the Lost Isle Discussion (split #8)
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:09 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
Journal: http://www.neopets.com/mip/index.phtml
Comic: http://www.neopets.com/mip/comic.phtml

Past Threads:
[original], [split 1], [split 2], [split 3], [split 4], [split 5], [split 6], [split 7]

Walkthrough:

Part One

Visit the Journal and click on the button that says To the puzzle. (Note: As of May 2, this button no longer appears. Click the link provided instead.) That will take you to a game where you must help Scrap sort all of the various items on the ship into a neat square. The game is a little like Tetris or Tangrams, and everyone has different puzzles. It usually helps to put the oddly-shaped pieces together first and fit the rest around them, but there are many techniques to use. Once you're done, click Submit. You will have to solve 3 of these puzzles in all, and the procedure's the same for each of them. Twinklyspangle posted some excellent tips here.

If you get stuck, feel free to post a screenshot in this thread to ask for help. Make sure your images are under 500 pixels wide. Any larger and you'll stretch people's screens. If your image is wider than that, please link to it. If you don’t know how wide it is, right-click on it and select properties.

***Important***
Anyone asking for assistance with their puzzles will receive a maximum of three correct piece placements. Anyone helping to solve puzzles, please only give a maximum of three piece placements. The moderating staff feels that this is a nice compromise between offering no assistance and a full solution. Play nice :)

Part Two
(This part of the plot is closed.)

Visit Chapter 2 of the comic. On the last page (page 4) click on the last cell of the comic. This will allow you to challenge the Ravenous Monster in the Battledome. It deals water, earth, and physical icons, so a Leaf Shield is recommended if you want to defend (and have one already--it's very inflated now). The faerie ability Burrow is also very useful.

Part Three

Go to the journal and click on To the puzzle! again. This will take you to a puzzle where you must figure out the code to open a lock. (It's similar to Time Tunnel.) Click on each ring to shift it into position, then click on the red button in the center of the puzzle to check it.

If you get a green light, you have the correct symbol in the correct position. If you get a yellow light, you have the correct symbol in the wrong position.

The number in the red button indicates how many attempts you have left on that puzzle. If you don't solve it in that number of attempts, the puzzle will reset and won't be the same as the previous times. Keep trying! You may find it useful to rotate one ring at a time and use the process of elimination to figure it out.

You will have to solve 3 of these puzzles to continue, and they're different for everyone.

Glitch note: If you have completed your third puzzle, but the plot has not progressed (i.e. you are getting puzzle three again but with a red button showing "0"), either refresh the page or go back to the journal, then the comic, then the puzzle. This should solve the problem.

---

This is a snowglobe from the Smuggler's Cove and unrelated to the plot.

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

Last edited by May on Sat May 12, 2007 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:15 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I think the third puzzle is the easiest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:17 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

BOOOYA! Did it on my first try in under 6 minutes.

I love these types of puzzles 8)

Here's a kind of rundown of how I got the last level:
-I did my symbols one at a time.
-The first symbol I tried got me three green lights, so I kept the first three the same and tried the next symbol on the bottom three.
-This got me two green and one yellow, which not only told me the second symbol was wrong but clued me in on the placement of the first symbol.

I can't really explain it, but definitely go one symbol at a time and definitely write down each attempt's results.

My old word processing program had a little procrastination game with a similar concept on it, and I would always play it instead of doing homework so I got plenty of practice.

Post subject: A good method for breaking the code.
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:17 am 

I did it in about 10 minutes.

Here's help.

I use the top as a guide. I move all the rings at the same time to the same symbol.

If a symbol repeats this is the easiest way to find out. Once they are all the same symbol go ahead and press the button. See how many green you get. If you get a green move only the top one once. If you get a yellow, move the top one back to the original symbol and move the next one down to the next symbol. Keep going till you get all greens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:19 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I've always found mastermind-type puzzles to be fun, but not too difficult, so i guess i got lucky on this part. Though as i don't have a real battle-pet, I'm sure i won't be too in luck at that point.

I do a similar method as Couch, but instead of switching them all to one, i keep three as blank, and move the top three (for the last puzzle that was). If all three get greens or yellows, i'm sure to try a fourth, but generally there won't be, and that way you have a pretty good idea of if you have to move them. So i keep one blank until i know what all the symbols are. Took me about 10 minutes.

ImageImage
I LIKE MONKEYS!

Last edited by unr4veled on Fri May 11, 2007 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:21 am 

what happens after we've finished all three puzzles?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:21 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I lucked out and got 3 of the same symbol, from there it was easy.

*Spring forward, Fall back*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:24 am 
PPT God
PPT God

dvsgirlz wrote:
what happens after we've finished all three puzzles?

From what I'm seeing...nothing...we wait for the next part of the story and/or the next puzzle to be released.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:31 am 
PPT God
PPT God

*grumbles*

I always hated the codebreaker game.

Please help my dragons grow and give a click!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:35 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I always liked mastermind; I'm not super good at figuring out the placement of they symbols - but I still did the whole thing in about 10 minutes which is nice. Now to find out what that little object I found is....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:36 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Click here to see what happens after you solve the puzzle. Not much as you can see.

Last edited by Teelie on Fri May 11, 2007 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:37 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Okay, so...any easier ways of breaking the code than the one I'm doing? I"m always a few tries short from figuring it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:39 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I did two at a time. If one was right, I would change one. If it was right, I kept going. It takes time but once you get going the hardest part is keeping track of which ones are right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:42 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

YAY!!

I am so proud of me. For the first time ever, I'm completing steps in a plot and THEN coming to PPT. :hug:

Not your typical, better than your average.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:42 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm slowly making my way, at least I'm on the third puzzle now. I was so close to solving it!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next