Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:22 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:41 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Maybe people should state in there post if they would like a hint or if they are just so frustrated with it all they want the whole answer?

Also I was hoping the news would be up its 2:40am here and yes im just randomly awake. I thought maybe I'd get to read a the comic or something... I'm kind of enjoy the fact this plot isn't very rushed however. BUT I do hope they dont make it a long dragged out plot. I DO have a life outside neo and don't want to miss doing a part cause i didnt do it in time. I almost have the feel this is going to be one of those 'open' plots that doesn't ever close. I'm still not really sure as to where my opinion of those lands. :/

(sorry if I didnt make alot of since I am very tired)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:50 am 

maybe it has to do with the ship in a bottle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:51 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

stoodder wrote:
I honestly beleive this may be a Dr. Sloth plot again, like maybe he made the petpetpet's giant and evil through experiment... of course ive also heard that the characters themselves have gotten smaller... who knows maybe that is the curse?

If the Neopets have shrunk, then so has the plantlife. Remember the purple flower? That looked a BIT bigger than a regular flower, but if it was on the same scale as the petpetpets, it should have been the size of a building. :roll:

Neopets Premium invites - PM or neomail me! (Please?) :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:39 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

czxcjx wrote:
maybe it has to do with the ship in a bottle

From the first page of this thread split:
This is a snowglobe from the Smuggler's Cove and unrelated to the plot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:05 am 

maybe u hav to buy the bottle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:09 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

czxcjx wrote:
maybe u hav to buy the bottle

I really don't think so, and the mods are sure enough that they've put in the plot summary that it is NOT involved. Go ahead and test it again if you really want, but it's selling for five million. I doubt TNT would expect every single plotter to spend that much. :P

Neopets Premium invites - PM or neomail me! (Please?) :D

Last edited by afyapardess on Wed May 09, 2007 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:39 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Rubywinged wrote:
Maybe people should state in there post if they would like a hint or if they are just so frustrated with it all they want the whole answer?

I can't see any problem why we couldn't give the full answer to all three puzzles.. they are different for everyone after all .. Just giving a helping hand so people can stay in the plot doesn't hurt anyone.

I agree with not giving the solution and only hints for mystery pic and lenny C because the answer is the same for everyone and now it actually reduces the pay-out to everyone if more people post the correct answer.

Blame it on the boogie!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:07 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Currently, its being decided whether or not we should allow full solutions to be posted. Neopets doesn't like it happening with the Mystery Pic and Lenny Conundrum, we don't like it being done with Mystery Pic and Lenny Conundrum.

Its a plot, and we're offering help, but people should have to work for some of it.

For now, no full solutions. We'll see what the executive decision is soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:35 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I dont know where you would draw the line on help, the potion making part of the last plot comes to mind. If not for the help I would still be trying to make them, or just getting frustrated and giving up.

*Spring forward, Fall back*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:53 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

*yawns* I'm bored now, where is the rest of the plot?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:21 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

The giant bug-thing can no longer be battled in the 1-player battledome. Is this a recent development? Sorry, I just noticed it and was wondering if I was behind on the plot stuff lawl.

niel/dark_draconis88 on Neo/GPX+

Devourer of Oranges

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:37 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

draconis wrote:
The giant bug-thing can no longer be battled in the 1-player battledome. Is this a recent development? Sorry, I just noticed it and was wondering if I was behind on the plot stuff lawl.

Been that way since the last comic update.

And personally, I don't see why we'd need to get moralistic over sharing solved puzzles. I solved my own and I think most people should be able to, but they do get frustrating and it might save people a headache. In the end, it isn't harming anyone and the help is volunteered for free. Whether tnt likes it or not is really quite irrelevant, they have too many completely unjustifiable restrictions as it is for us to go adding on top voluntarily.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:04 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Jopets wrote:
Rubywinged wrote:

I can't see any problem why we couldn't give the full answer to all three puzzles.. they are different for everyone after all .. Just giving a helping hand so people can stay in the plot doesn't hurt anyone.

I agree with not giving the solution and only hints for mystery pic and lenny C because the answer is the same for everyone and now it actually reduces the pay-out to everyone if more people post the correct answer.

It also reduces the prices for plots if more people completes the whole plot. many times the awards for completing a plot is very good, like for LDP with the Ring of Lost. If everybody completetd the plot there would be alot of those rings around and the price wouldnt be so high.

I think it is good to help each other out and give clues and hints and walkthrues, but the individual puzzles should be completetd by each individual, as TNT intended... well only my humble opinion ;)

By the way: Hello! I havent posted on this plot before but I have posten on earlier plots. I love the site and Ive been using it since LDP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:29 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

the_dog_god wrote:
Currently, its being decided whether or not we should allow full solutions to be posted. Neopets doesn't like it happening with the Mystery Pic and Lenny Conundrum, we don't like it being done with Mystery Pic and Lenny Conundrum.

Its a plot, and we're offering help, but people should have to work for some of it.

For now, no full solutions. We'll see what the executive decision is soon.

I am really happy about this, and will continue to offer to fit the first three pieces of any puzzles people are stuck on.

ImageImage
Thanks Rachel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:53 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Really surprised TNT didn't update the news or plot yesterday.

Hopefully today will see a big update. :)

TNT knows how people help out on the plot board and have never stepped in to say that giving someone the answers in a plot is cheating.

We done all of ToW without anyone thinking it was cheating to use the Potion chart - which was giving out the answer, you just had to follow the directions. Same as the Altador plot and the constellation finder.

We have no way of knowing if the person asking for help, actually tried to do it or is just getting a free ride, but honestly it isn't going to affect what prizes we get, so where is the harm in giving out the puzzle answers?

But of course it is up to the Powers that Be and I will respect and standby any decision made. :)

Edit:
Quote:
Hi, there's been a bit of debate about this on the boards recently, so I wanted to ask you what you think. For the plot, a lot of people have been searching for the you-know-what, and just can't find it, so they seek help on the boards. Another person looks at their -thing- and gives them a hint or a co-ordinate to help them find said thing. Now, do you think this is fair or unfair? Personally I think it's perfectly fine if the person is willing to help, and if the other person has genuinely looked. What do you say? ~ werewolfhunter888
People are free to help each other if they wish. Whether someone has looked all over and just can't spot it, or are just plain lazy, it's up to those helping to decide whether or not they will aid them. This however does not cross over to standard competitions like Lenny Conundrum and Mystery Pic because that is what they are - competitions.

Last edited by Daze on Wed May 09, 2007 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next