Whether it be a puzzle or a war, this is the place to be for all your plot related needs.
Topic locked

Re: Altador Plot Help

Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:48 am

The star map mentioned is in case you were using a program that finds the constellations for you, in which case you'd have to update it as the star data would be wrong. However, as you have found the constellation on your telescope, that's not an issue.

I'd bug report it

Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:47 am

Can't believe it's actually a bug haha!

Should i be the one who send it the bug report since it happened on me?

Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:34 am

Problem is now solved ^_^

Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:56 am

I am glad that the plot is still open.

Thanks PPT for the heads up (I was away so long that I had no idea
where to start) and the walkthrough :) Otherwise I'd still be stumbling
around.

Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:59 pm

Jellyneo now has their own constellation finder, too.

http://www.jellyneo.net/content/plot/in ... ion_finder

Best of all, it was originally coded by Stooder of PPT! :D

Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:54 pm

Did they ever make a fix for the people who completed the plot and did not receive a trophy? I remember them mentioning they knew about the problem once, but I'm not sure if they ever brought it up after that... did they? :( It's been a while since I last played. Sorry if i've missed anything obvious.

Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:05 pm

Hey. Only found out about this the other day. Got to the bit with the gears and the rocks, got the first two rocks, but cant click on the jubjubs to get the third one? Any ideas?

EDIT: Bleh, nm, went back and read over the guide again, missed out the herbology club step >.<

EDIT 2: Finished :D

Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:02 pm

Do you think we should still be advertising star mappers now that the whole "Dr Sloth Code Calculator" fiasco has blown open? I know they haven't said a word about it in the past... And it's not like the rewards are amazingly cool. :roll: *cough* Ionian Bread *cough*

Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:39 am

I was just thinking that myself. Perhaps with the new rule, it would be wise to take those down...just a suggestion.

Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:03 am

The star map calculators might be in a different class, though. If I understand it, the Sloth calculators needed the installation of a program? It's easy to piggyback a bad thing on top of it and steal your account (or do some worse things...)

By contrast, the star maps only need you to paste in a bunch of numbers into a form.

Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:54 am

AySz88 wrote:The star map calculators might be in a different class, though. If I understand it, the Sloth calculators needed the installation of a program? It's easy to piggyback a bad thing on top of it and steal your account (or do some worse things...)

Nay, it was another "get your data from a page on Neopets and paste it into a box to get your answer" kind of thing.

Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:50 am

Moongewl wrote:
AySz88 wrote:The star map calculators might be in a different class, though. If I understand it, the Sloth calculators needed the installation of a program? It's easy to piggyback a bad thing on top of it and steal your account (or do some worse things...)

Nay, it was another "get your data from a page on Neopets and paste it into a box to get your answer" kind of thing.

Exactly...that's why I'm wondering if we should remove the link from the site...

Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:58 pm

I thought TNT specifically mentioned the star mappers as being in another class from the Sloth Calculator. I'm fairly certain that they said "in the past, we allowed the use of star mappers" but this time the puzzle was intended to be figured out purely by logic (or attrition). Sadly, I can't find where I saw this before, so I can't back it up, but I would think that, with star mappers so readily available for so long -- and TNT being wholly knowledgeable of their existence -- they would have made public their views on star mappers by now, especially in the flurry of the Sloth Calculator of Doom.

Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:58 am

Little help? I've waited far too long to get to this plot, and I'm almost done with it. Have a little problem here though with finding my magic book. I've looked at both The Daily Neo and Arrazetti guides, double, triple, and quadruple checked my math for adding my coordinates together, and gone through the room that /should/ have my magic book in it about three times. None of the books are the magic book. Help!

Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:12 am

Reinfire wrote:Little help? I've waited far too long to get to this plot, and I'm almost done with it. Have a little problem here though with finding my magic book. I've looked at both The Daily Neo and Arrazetti guides, double, triple, and quadruple checked my math for adding my coordinates together, and gone through the room that /should/ have my magic book in it about three times. None of the books are the magic book. Help!

I would double check that you are in the correct room and that you are checking all the shelves of all the bookcases. That's really all I got.
Topic locked