Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Altador Plot Help
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:04 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Argh! I completed this plot over a month ago and have been collecting my daily rewards. Today, I get this screen with my rewards and trophy, but when I leave and refresh, none of it shows up in my inventory. Not the money or the items and the trophy does not show up with my trophies. Is it time for another bug report?

Quote:
Altador beams at you as you approach. "So! We finally have a reward for your valiant efforts to restore the history of this great land. I must apologize for the delay, but it has taken us some time to regain our bearings. Suddenly remembering the entirety of one's history is quite taxing."

"Nevertheless, we do have your rewards. Our treasury is quite full, and so we have decided to award you a tidy sum of Neopoints." He waves at Gordos, the Collector, who steps over to you, carrying a bulging bag.

Gordos glares at you. "I hate parting with such a large sum of money, but what Altador wants..." he grumbles. "Here you go."

Want an invite to premium? Neomail me at Trilussa.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:52 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Auttypie wrote:
Argh! I completed this plot over a month ago and have been collecting my daily rewards. Today, I get this screen with my rewards and trophy, but when I leave and refresh, none of it shows up in my inventory. Not the money or the items and the trophy does not show up with my trophies. Is it time for another bug report?
Don't worry, that's happening to everyone today. It's one of the glitches that are going on all over the site. Hopefully the daily prize will be back to normal soon.

Neopets Premium invites - PM or neomail me! (Please?) :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:55 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I am at the 'dreamer step' ... the problem is the telescope is not giving me the submit button unless I add one more line than is supposed to be there. :-( Any ideas? The guide says not to plot the dot, so I'm confused.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:10 pm 

afyapardess wrote:
Auttypie wrote:
Don't worry, that's happening to everyone today. It's one of the glitches that are going on all over the site. Hopefully the daily prize will be back to normal soon.

That's interesting. I just completed the plot today, but with all these bugs regarding the prize distribution I'm wondering if I should collect my prizes later or should I do it now and hope that everything will be resolved?

@Hedobastet - have you connected each individual star to each other wherever there's supposed to be a line? For one of the constellations, for example, there was a line with two stars at the endpoints and one star at the midpoint. At first I just connected the two endpoint stars (the third one ended up in the middle anyway) but it wouldn't register as a constellation. I then connected the first star to the second, then the second to the third star, and then that finally worked. Hope that helps.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:20 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

nuku wrote:
I did read the walkthroughs and went to different constilation trackers. The thief constilation is what I'm having the most trouble with.
And... what happened? :) Did the constellation finder locate your Thief constellation, or not? Walk me through what you did, and where exactly you got stuck.

Hedobastet wrote:
I am at the 'dreamer step' ... the problem is the telescope is not giving me the submit button unless I add one more line than is supposed to be there. :-( Any ideas? The guide says not to plot the dot, so I'm confused.
I remember having trouble with this. The walkthrough at http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27170 should be able to help. :) Specifically this bit... "You must connect the "top part" using the *connect stars* option, but to get the lone star you MUST use the *add star* option."

Hope that helps!

Lady Galadriel wrote:
That's interesting. I just completed the plot today, but with all these bugs regarding the prize distribution I'm wondering if I should collect my prizes later or should I do it now and hope that everything will be resolved?
Hmmmm. It's entirely your call, but if I were in your shoes I would wait. When the site is crazily glitchy like this I try to avoid doing anything involving valuable items, lots of NP or things you can only do once (like getting plot prizes). Lots of people are losing serious NP on glitches today. :/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:43 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

The add a star tip did the trick! Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:38 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I completed the thing without losing stuff to glitches.

Oh, and I found a star finder that finds the coordinates of your constellations for you: http://members.verizon.net/~vze2g7jw/dfp/sg.htm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:27 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I ended up starting over on a new account, and I decided to do the plot. Now I can't get past the water treatment plant part. I've been trying for over 2 hours, which was a huge waste of time, but I had nothing better to do. On my old account it only took maybe 15 minutes. This is about to drive me over the edge.

Set by WIS

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:15 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Dustin wrote:
I ended up starting over on a new account, and I decided to do the plot. Now I can't get past the water treatment plant part. I've been trying for over 2 hours, which was a huge waste of time, but I had nothing better to do. On my old account it only took maybe 15 minutes. This is about to drive me over the edge.
Argh! Not the water plant! It was relatively quick for me compared to others, but it still drove me batty. I eventually got through with the Mad Plumber Wizard method.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:02 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I agree with afyapardess, if you can't get through in half an hour of random clicking, it's time to use the Mad Plumber.
..Myself, I was one of them lucky 15-minute people. :)

niel/dark_draconis88 on Neo/GPX+

Devourer of Oranges

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:25 am 
PPT God
PPT God

This is killing me. Nothing is working. Period. I've retraced my steps and made sure I did all the steps that I was suppose to before doing the water plant. Nada. I can't get this thing and it's really frustrating. I did the thing like you said, but nothing. I'm about to just give up. I even followed one guide where you had to do every possible combination and got nothing. It was a huge waste of time. If anyone has any ideas or something. Let me know, please. I'm desperate.

Set by WIS

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:23 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
I spent about two hours trying every possible combination and got nothing. Then I spent ten minutes randomly fiddling with the knobs and levers and that did it for me. The only thing I can think of is that it depends on some magical series of combinations, and fiddling with it for ten minutes every day in as random a manner as possible is the way to go.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:45 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I decided I'd give it one more go today before I gave up. Take a wild guess what happened..

The engineers cheer. "You did it! The water's been rerouted properly, and there'll be no flood."

Turns out the wizard thing you post worked the second time around. I just refreshed the tabs randomly this time and it worked. Thanks for the help. ;)

Now to hopefully get the rocks/gear thing on the first go..

edit: Finally, I'm done. Anyone know if it's safe to collect prizes?
edit2: I take that edit back. It's safe to collect prizes. I got my trophy. :D

Set by WIS

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:55 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Dustin wrote:
I decided I'd give it one more go today before I gave up. Take a wild guess what happened..

The engineers cheer. "You did it! The water's been rerouted properly, and there'll be no flood."

Turns out the wizard thing you post worked the second time around. I just refreshed the tabs randomly this time and it worked. Thanks for the help. ;)
Isn't it weird? It seems that past a certain point, the ONLY way to get through the water plant is to be close to giving up. :P

Congrats on completing the plot! :peace:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:35 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Okay so I completed the plot a couple months ago, have been collecting the prizes, then the whole thing with the finally receiving the trophy etc. thing came out, I didn't get anything then, and I still haven't gotten my trophy or anything and now its back to giving prizes. Is this another glitch or did I miss something?

.::Hug|Map|Journal::.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next