Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:31 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Ugg... only got to fight him a few times and I didn't get a single win...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:32 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

dolphinling wrote:
So um. Did no one else notice that he was timed, and battles didn't matter?

That thought occured to me, but I wasn't sure how it could be proven. I mean, people might have been crazy enough to stay up late and battle him all night. ;p Or there's a larger fanbase on the other side of the world than I thought.

Congratulations to those who managed to get a killcount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:40 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I did a little over 100 for the first two versions and around 340 for the last one and didn't manage a single win the whole time...let's just say my battle score is now teh suck...hopefully it pays off in the end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:47 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

But the times that it went per minute did fluctuate.... not too much, but i know that at one time it went up to 440 per minute, and at others it was as low as 300. So. it wasn't a standard so many per second. I don't think.

i hope.

why would they make him timed.... i mean..

Do they really like torturing us that much?

ImageImage
I LIKE MONKEYS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:56 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Can I have my prizes now?

:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:17 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Aiya. Only 26 losses against this guy. So if he was really timed, does that mean everyone ruined their BD scores for basically nothing? Cuz TNT will get a piece of my mind if that's the case... *Sobs at the 92% that was once 98%*

Set by that genius, WIS. THANK YOU WIS!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:30 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

unr4veled wrote:
But the times that it went per minute did fluctuate.... not too much, but i know that at one time it went up to 440 per minute, and at others it was as low as 300. So. it wasn't a standard so many per second. I don't think.

i hope.

why would they make him timed.... i mean..

Do they really like torturing us that much?

Well, yes. ;) Also, timing him allowed the battle to end exactly on schedule.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:25 am 
PPT God
PPT God

dolphinling wrote:

I'd have said something sooner, but I was profiting. :P

(and note that battles still might or might not give you points. no way to tell on that)

:oops: I am so glad you said this. I just felt indeed so foolish for ruining my stats (and "I am not even a BDer") AND fighting in obvious futility that instead I made a nice 10k on healing potions. :roflol:

Perhaps those so naive to think it mattered, should be penalized with less plot points? :P That would be so evil, but actually kind of more fair. :evil:

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:39 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I chose not to battle more than 20 times against the Mayor - I don't believe we will be given points for that part, but if we do, I made my choice not to lower my battledome % wins and I will stick by that. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:08 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I strongly object to all this "I'm better than you because I didn't participate" business. In a cooperative game (element), the person who decides to not participate has no reason to feel better than those who do; as long as everyone has fun, who cares how they did it? And if anyone feels they gave up a piece of the plot to covet that stat, perhaps a bit of reevaluation is in order.

Plus, I don't understand how people are leaping from "players' participation didn't matter in the timing of the mayor's defeat" and "we're not going to get prizes for fighting the mayor". On the contrary, they definitely kept track - see the numbers on the 1-player challengers list? I would be surprised if they didn't use this data.

~Habitual over-analyzer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:15 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

AySz88 wrote:

Plus, I don't understand how people are leaping from "players' participation didn't matter in the timing of the mayor's defeat" and "we're not going to get prizes for fighting the mayor". On the contrary, they definitely kept track - see the numbers on the 1-player challengers list? I would be surprised if they didn't use this data.

Oh with TNT, you just NEVER know what they'll spring on you.

Set by that genius, WIS. THANK YOU WIS!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:22 am 
PPT God
PPT God

anjuna wrote:
dolphinling wrote:

I'd have said something sooner, but I was profiting. :P

(and note that battles still might or might not give you points. no way to tell on that)

:oops: I am so glad you said this. I just felt indeed so foolish for ruining my stats (and "I am not even a BDer") AND fighting in obvious futility that instead I made a nice 10k on healing potions. :roflol:

Perhaps those so naive to think it mattered, should be penalized with less plot points? :P That would be so evil, but actually kind of more fair. :evil:

Oh...don't penalize those of us who actually thought they were making a difference in the plot...that's unkind... :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:26 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

AySz88 wrote:
I strongly object to all this "I'm better than you because I didn't participate" business. In a cooperative game (element), the person who decides to not participate has no reason to feel better than those who do; as long as everyone has fun, who cares how they did it? And if anyone feels they gave up a piece of the plot to covet that stat, perhaps a bit of reevaluation is in order.

I don't know where you think people are saying they are better for not fighting!!

I for one, am not saying that. I do not know if it was timed or not, so I can't comment on the fact.

As to the data on the battledome list - in the LDP we got to fight Razul, but the points did not go towards our plot points.

It is actually the people who done a lot of fighting telling us (those who chose little or no fighting) that we didn't do our fair share.

IF it was timed, then fighting didn't matter, if it wasn't timed and fighting will give out points, then I suppose myself and others wont get as many points as others.

It really doesn't matter, either way. I chose to keep a fairly good battledome score rather than chance no other reward for the fighting.

I am not gloating or saying it was a better choice. It was my choice and I am sick of hearing people say that I didn't do my part in bringing down the Mayor.

Plots are for the individual to decide on what they want to do and I resent the implication that I gave up the plot.

I am proud of my stats - worked damn hard to get them there and I choose what is good for me and I wont be told that I am selfish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:30 am 
PPT God
PPT God

lol...people...the plot is over...whether or not it was timed is irrelevent. Everyone who completed the plot completed it for doing all the steps. The number of fights (or, rather, losses) doesn't really matter in the end. I think the only thing is that people who did do a lot of fighting are worried that they wasted a lot of np on healing potions and time on fighting when it won't count towards anything. But no one person is any better than another for fighting. In fact, it would be ridiculous to measure someone's worth on how many fights they fought...lol...it is silly thinking about it, eh? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:38 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Oh, I am so sorry if I offended anyone. Not my intention in the least to boast about such an ironic turn of events. Though I feel less guilty about making the NP on healing potions now. :P Wish I decided to sell more.

I do appreciate that there are so many people so 'gung-ho' and willing to fight for .. well after all it is just a plot. To be honest, the BD is there 24/7. I never understood how the BDers themselves 'needed' a reason to have a plot TO fight. But nevermind me. Back to my main point ...

I did fight the mayor, several times actually and very 'seriously' even though I also knew I didn't have a chance. The BD has always bored me personally (so realize that is where I am coming from first, please) but I can certainly respect anyone that finds a lot of fun in it, as well. So please don't get me wrong. It was just that in this case, I felt something 'fishy' up. I have never even been in "wars" like of Maraqua, etc. But someone mentioned on PPT a while back "by this rate, we should be done by 3PM Monday" and then later another person said "what if we all just stopped fighting him" and something in me clicked, knowing that could not happen.

Seems from what dolphinling is suggesting, is that indeed if noone fought the mayor, he would have been defeated and removed as a challenger and his HP reduced at the same rate? Programmed AS such? But the reality is that there are always MORE people that will 'fall for' this sort of thing and do it anyway (even if in all good intention, not naivety, but hope). Is ironic i often ask myself the same about life? Discernment.

The ability to know the difference between one thing and another. 0:)

Then again if you truly love BDing for BDing, then why care about stats? ;)

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next