Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:45 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:38 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

/well, i'm in there, I've found a room with a skeleton scientists, and i've clicked on the pocket to find a journal page.. (page 2) so it looks like we have to find these pages?

Ugh.. This place is a maze.. And all the corridoors appear to look the same as well :(

Last edited by Jussy on Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:42 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

The journal page reads...

Lucy's journal, 8th day of Storing:

I have not had time to write in a while, for we have been extraordinarily busy. Dr. Valus returned on the evening of the first, as promised, to report that Neovia was entirely deserted. It was as if the entire town had simply vanished into thin air. One house, he said, had been ransacked and burned, but the rest were untouched.

As a result, for the last week, Dr. Valus, Miles, and I have represented the entire staff of Meepit Oaks. We are exhausted beyond belief; we barely have time to feed and wash the inmates, and there has been no time for any form of psychiatric treatment. We have had to dragoon Miles into working as an orderly, keeping the inmates physically restrained while we feed them or change their clothing. Due to his lack of experience, on several occasions an inmate has almost broken loose; only Miles's brute strength (for he is rather large) has kept them in check.

We have sent for help, but have no idea if or when it will arrive. The sooner, the better, for we are bound to make a mistake sooner or later and let one of the inmates free. If that happens, I fear for our lives.

I got this in a room with zombies.
I've also found an outdoor place.. but there wasn't anything around there other than 4 more doors.

It's a maze.. Fun! :D I like mazes.

From WIS! (Thank you!)
Please keep your signature within the 400x100 px limit.

Post subject:

I got the same anagram.

Go to wordsmith.org, and then the Internet Anagram Server. That should help.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Post subject:
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I've found a courtyard and a dinning room with zombies so far.

This Must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays. ~ Arthur Dent Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:46 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm not finding the broom closet. I have 1 & 3...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:47 am 

There's a hole in the ground in the courtyard, but Gilly can't dig because of her mittens. I bet we have to get into the cabinet with the gardening supplies. :x

"Living by my wits I was not getting far, I thought I'd do better living off my charms." -World/Inferno F.S.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:48 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I found the zombie room, but before I could pick up the page, they chased me into this room:

Also, I've found three journal pages (2 from the pocket of the skeleton above, 3 from the zombies, and 4 from the desk in the room I started out in) and a lamp (also found in the room I started in). Maybe one can use the lamp to swing it at the locked garden shed?

Last edited by Officer 1BDI on Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:51 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

If you click on the top pocket of the skeleton sitting in front of the safe, yyou get a key, but you can't open the safe b/c gilly's got mittens on! Argh! Why does she have mittens on and why can't she take them off?

Are you thinking what I'm thinking, Pinky?
It's time to take over the WORLD!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:53 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Ooh! I found a jail with a zomutt in it, as well as another journal piece!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:57 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Okay,
So I have a lamp, journal pages 4 and 5, and a key. A shiny key.
I somehow used the lamp to scare away the zombies. I clicked on the zombie with the "A" collar around it's throat. The key was in the janitors pocket.

From WIS! (Thank you!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:57 am 

Click on the lamp in the entryway, and you can pick it up.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:58 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

so we have to get the key from the maintinence guy then go get a shovel from the rusty cabinet then go dig up the bone in the atrium then go give it to the zomut so we can get through the gate right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:59 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

From the neoboards;
the key in the janitors pocket opens the closet with the note on the door, get the spade from there and dig around to the left of the top tree in the courtyard to find the bone and feed it to the zomutt

He got a "to be continued" shortly after that.

If only I could find a zomutt.. and that room again where I can get the shovel!

From WIS! (Thank you!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:02 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Hm, this step was quite simple.

1) Pick up the rusty lamp
2) use it to drive the zombies away from the Janitor
3) Take the key from the janitors pocket
-) Take the note from the shed? I opened it first and find no way to close it again.
4) Use the key to unlock the shed
5) take the second key from the professors pocket in the same room
6) take the shovel
7) dig around the courtyard near the tree to the far back to achieve the bone (klick on the dug up bone a second time to pick it up)
8) feed the....petpetthingy.
9) unlock the cell with the note sticking from it

To be continued.....

I don't know if finding the other notes is required to unlock later steps, or some can be skipped or mixed up. Just writing how I did it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:07 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Quick walkthrough:

1. Grab the lamp in the entryway. Grab the page on the desk.
2. Find the zombies and bash them with the lamp.
3. Click on the janitor-skeleton's pocket to get a key. Grab the journal page.
4. Use the janitor's key to open the lock on the cabinet.
5. Take the shovel.
6. Rifle through the doctor-skeleton's pockets for another key and a page.
7. Dig up the bone in the yard.
8. Give the bone to the zomutt.
9. Go through the prison door the zomutt was guarding.
10. Check cell doors until you find one with a page sticking out. Use the doctor's key to open the door.

To be continued...

(There's another page somewhere, but I don't remember where I found it.)

Credit to Plagatus--she got it uber-fast.

Journal Pages (Highlight space below to read 5 journal pages.)

Lucy's journal, 31st day of Collecting:

Tonight is Halloween. Most of the staff have gone home to Neovia, leaving only myself, Dr. Valus, and the janitor, Miles, overseeing the patients for the night. I hope that all goes well, and I think between the three of us, we can manage.

The inmates are quiet at the moment, as it is late. I have drawn the first shift; Dr. Valus and Miles are resting, but of course I can rouse them should I need assistance. Miles's pet Zomutt has been snuffling around, making a minor nuisance of himself; earlier today, I found him burying a bone in the courtyard -- goodness knows where he found it -- and chased him away. I don't know why Miles keeps that horrid creature around, but it seems to obey him, and the doctors tolerate it, so I must as well, even though I am head nurse.

The most exciting news of late is that I had dinner with Dr. Valus earlier tonight. It wasn't a date, exactly, but I feel and hope that things are headed in that direction. He is quite charming when he's not distracted with diagnosing the insane.

One last thing: the asylum newsletter contained a devilishly difficult anagram puzzle this week. I can't solve it, but I've written it down here for future reference.

SQTRXEOIDXTGAHHEDAETAXHGHANAXBEYRGIEOTAFMQSRAEQCANAHLAHQRS
EORNHQNEAGXXYFGOTQEUXQNNQAOEXRPCAIAASAAIHNNADSQMMURAALRRQX

Gilly

Wow! An anagram puzzle! I've been waiting for one of these for, oh, say, six weeks now! Let me see...

Gilly

Hmm... the X after the Q... and then the A...

Lucy's journal, 1st day of Storing:

It is late afternoon, and we are all quite worried. None of the other staff have returned from Neovia this day. Dr. Kirkbride and Dr. Heeler should both have been here by noon at the latest, not to mention some of the other nurses and orderlies.

I only find time to write now because Miles and I have just finished feeding lunch to the inmates. Dr. Valus has set off for Neovia to see if he can find any of the other staff; he should be back by nightfall.

Miles's pet Zomutt has been staring out the windows all day, growling quietly. He even barked at Miles and tried to bite him once when the janitor approached the beast, but Miles was able to calm him down. I don't know what's gotten into him.

For my part, I am very worried. What could have happened to the rest of the staff? If we do not receive relief soon, we may be overwhelmed.

Lucy's journal, 8th day of Storing:

I have not had time to write in a while, for we have been extraordinarily busy. Dr. Valus returned on the evening of the first, as promised, to report that Neovia was entirely deserted. It was as if the entire town had simply vanished into thin air. One house, he said, had been ransacked and burned, but the rest were untouched.

As a result, for the last week, Dr. Valus, Miles, and I have represented the entire staff of Meepit Oaks. We are exhausted beyond belief; we barely have time to feed and wash the inmates, and there has been no time for any form of psychiatric treatment. We have had to dragoon Miles into working as an orderly, keeping the inmates physically restrained while we feed them or change their clothing. Due to his lack of experience, on several occasions an inmate has almost broken loose; only Miles's brute strength (for he is rather large) has kept them in check.

We have sent for help, but have no idea if or when it will arrive. The sooner, the better, for we are bound to make a mistake sooner or later and let one of the inmates free. If that happens, I fear for our lives.

Lucy's journal, 11th day of Storing:

Good news, these last few days! On the evening of the eighth, we received a knock on our door. We opened it to find one Dr. Edward Alexander, sent from Neopia Central, to aid us. He gave his regrets that no more assistance could be sent, but he has done us wonders.

In the days before he arrived, the inmates became even more violent and aggressive than usual. Miles suffered several cuts when a mad Skeith managed to claw his arm, and I myself had been bruised several times when one inmate or another managed to break free of his restraints and knock me aside. Thankfully, Dr. Valus and Miles managed to restrain the inmates each time.

Nonetheless, we were on the edge of exhaustion when Dr. Alexander arrived. He brought with him an elixir, so he called it, that had been recently developed and would help to calm our inmates. It worked like a miracle; we mixed it with the inmates' food, and within a day, they had all become subdued and peaceable. We have spent the last two days resting as much as possible, to restore our energies, now that the inmates do not take so much of our energy to manage.

Dr. Alexander is a remarkable man. Handsome, and with the most striking yellow eyes. He is every bit as charming as Dr. Valus; even more so, I suppose, for he has not spent the last eleven days wearing himself out. I find myself drawn to him, and I think Dr. Valus may be getting a little bit jealous.

This morning, in fact, Dr. Alexander told me that he was very impressed with how I had held up during this crisis, and said that most nurses he knew would never have been able to hold out so long. He presented me with a beautiful violet flower that seems to glow even when not in sunlight, and is positively radiant when it is so illuminated. I don't know where he found it, but he assures me that it is a magic flower and will never need water or sunlight in order to thrive. I suspect it is a bit of poetic license on his part, but I cannot say that I mind.

Despite Dr. Alexander's presence having saved us from disaster, we certainly cannot continue on with only four staff -- and who knows how long Dr. Alexander will be able to stay? Soon we must find new orderlies and nurses to replace our missing staff, who are clearly not returning.

Lucy's journal, 13th day of Storing:

Disaster has struck. I write this from within one of our very own cells, having been locked here by the inmates. I only pray that someone will release me before it is too late.

On the afternoon of the eleventh, Dr. Valus saw the flower that Dr. Alexander had given me. He asked where I had gotten it, and I told him. This seemed to infuriate him, and he would not speak to me except in short, clipped tones the rest of the day. He was very agitated every time I saw him.

The next morning, I was awoken by Miles, the janitor, who told me to come quick. It seemed that one of the inmates had escaped from his cell. Dr. Valus had, apparently, gone to feed the inmates alone, and said that this particular inmate had broken from his restraints, attacked him, and fled into the asylum. Despite myself, I suspect that Dr. Valus may have still been upset about the flower Dr. Alexander gave me, and made an error in judgment when setting the inmate's restraints.

Dr. Valus insists, of course, that he made no mistake, and that the inmate simply broke free. I doubted this, for the inmates had all been calm and passive ever since Dr. Alexander began feeding them his elixir; but Dr. Valus said that he had not seen Dr. Alexander since the previous morning, and so the inmates had not received the elixir in almost a full day.

Dr. Alexander was still nowhere to be found, and I feared something terrible had happened to him, especially if the escaped inmate came upon him alone in the asylum. Dr. Valus, Miles, and myself searched the asylum as a single party, trying to find the escaped inmate. However, our doom was already sealed. Upon our third circuit of the cellblock, we discovered the several more cells had been opened, and the inmates escaped. Dr. Valus decided that it was time to flee the asylum, but it was too late.

A dozen or more inmates descended upon us in a fury. They dragged us away from one another, describing the horrible things they would do to us. I feel lucky, at least, that they only threw me in a cell and locked the door. For a while I feared they would return to torment me, but after a while, the asylum grew silent, and it seemed they had escaped into the Haunted Woods.

I sit here, now, lucky that I carried a pen and a last sheet of paper with me, so that I can document what has happened. The flower that Dr. Alexander gave me shows no sign of wilting, and so I suppose it is as magical as he claimed. It is my only companion, now, and the only memory I have of any brief happiness I felt in these last two weeks.

Last edited by forcesinbalance on Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next