Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: HWP vs LDP
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:50 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I found this while reading up on the steps for LDP, and it reminded me of the grave digging and the grave marking. Maybe, it'll be the same for the current plot?

The same thing that happened in LPD was similar to Grave Digging. We all managed to find something....even it most of us are stuck with about 90+ spooky marshmallows and ghost doughnuts

Quote:
* Since we're getting bug reports about this, please note that sand and block moving did NOT count towards your final score. Any scores for these activities are purely for show. Because of time-zone differences, not everyone had a chance to participate in these events, so they were not counted in the final tally. Instead, we gave away nifty items during the actual moving process. The more you moved, the better your chance of winning an item! A fair trade-off, don't you think? ;)

Wolfy @ Neopets Stop by my shop, and help with my draik egg fund: 676,584/2,400,000

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:52 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

hmmm....well, with all the glitches, some people are and some people aren't being able to battle. That's not very fair, doncha think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:02 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

pinkflamingonewsgirl wrote:
hmmm....well, with all the glitches, some people are and some people aren't being able to battle. That's not very fair, doncha think?

Its not fair. But even the editoral said, that when a new plot step comes out, and its dealing with the battledome, they know neopians everywhere are going to flock towards the battledome. I've been dealing with the lag, and been tryin to get in as much fighting as possible.

Wolfy @ Neopets Stop by my shop, and help with my draik egg fund: 676,584/2,400,000

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:05 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Yeah. I wonder how complicated it would be for them to actually split up the battledomes, like it looks like they are, rather than having one major one...maybe that's not feasable, but it seems logical. Less people in the same area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:21 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

That does seem a bit better. Like having so many people in the ice arena, and the same amount in the stone arena....ah well....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:25 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

All of the arenas most likely run on the same servers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:01 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

That idea is called load balancing (wikipedia entry) - you split up the page loads (or battles) between all the servers.

Hmm; actually, I hope their load balancing splits up the battles instead of the page clicks, otherwise the communcation necessary between the servers could be pretty bad if they had to send each other the battle info. :(

~Habitual over-analyzer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:50 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

on topic with the first post, i hope thats true for this plot too, because i never marked a single grave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:51 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

thedupuisr wrote:
on topic with the first post, i hope thats true for this plot too, because i never marked a single grave
]

I marked a few graves, and kept getting kicked out of grave digging.

Post subject: Re: HWP vs LDP
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:56 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

WolfMaiden wrote:
The same thing that happened in LPD was similar to Grave Digging. We all managed to find something....even it most of us are stuck with about 90+ spooky marshmallows and ghost doughnuts

I beg to differ. T_T I found nothing in either plot, if you're referring to the brick-moving thing. Didn't even get a chance this plot.

I'd never read that before, about the scores not coutning. The fact I got nothing but a few worthless handfuls of sand from that is not making me happy. :/

I had better get something for both my battledome effort and gravemarking effort.

I agree 100% with the idea of splitting the battledome to help with the lag. Even it were just divided enemies, it would help. The higher enemies would be easier to beat, especially, because fewer people will be able to fight them with each wave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:00 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

But this time, the 'time zone differences' should have no real effect - notice, each of those steps lasted two to three days each - more than enough time for anyone in any timezone to participate in it.

Okami Fangirl <3 Eternal Ordeal Oekaki
Neopets: zafara_fan_8000

Post subject: Re: HWP vs LDP
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:55 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Ecstacy wrote:
WolfMaiden wrote:

I beg to differ. T_T I found nothing in either plot, if you're referring to the brick-moving thing. Didn't even get a chance this plot.

I'd never read that before, about the scores not coutning. The fact I got nothing but a few worthless handfuls of sand from that is not making me happy. :/

I had better get something for both my battledome effort and gravemarking effort.

I agree 100% with the idea of splitting the battledome to help with the lag. Even it were just divided enemies, it would help. The higher enemies would be easier to beat, especially, because fewer people will be able to fight them with each wave.

I wasn't here for LPD. But i saw the thing about the digging and the prices and it reminded me of the grave digging.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]