Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:20 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:42 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I have two questions, being a novice in the battledome. First, can you battle while your pet's in training? Or do you have to wait for them to finish?

Second, what exactly are these boosts? I was able to train my pet up to Lvl : 39, Str : 51, Def : 50, Mov : 23, Hp : 1 / 51 (I stupidly visited the Snowager, but I'll heal her back up) before the battle began and I ran out of codestones. Is it worth it to pay the inflated codestone prices to try for the 55 boost? And should I go for the boost in strength or defense first?

My weapons are all 6-icon (well, I have some that are 3/6 or 6/3 attack/defense); do I even need to worry about getting the boost with these weapons?

I hope we get to keep battling over the weekend, and it doesn't stop tomorrow...

EDIT: I just won a bottled air faerie from Tombola -- sweet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:46 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

atomicblonde wrote:

I'm not even 100% convinced yet that we're actually going to get credit for fighting these things....

*Recalls the lost desert plot*

Yes. ¬_¬

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:46 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Question: Is it the idea that we battle them as much as we can, or just to get through as much waves as we can? 'Cause I can sit here all day and all night smashing these stones to bits (just like probably everybody else, I'm guessing). In other words: do we get more points if we defeat them a 1000 times than if we defeat them once?

ImageImageImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:47 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Siniri wrote:
I have two questions, being a novice in the battledome. First, can you battle while your pet's in training? Or do you have to wait for them to finish?

Yes, you can battle in training. :)

Siniri wrote:
Second, what exactly are these boosts? I was able to train my pet up to Lvl : 39, Str : 51, Def : 50, Mov : 23, Hp : 1 / 51 (I stupidly visited the Snowager, but I'll heal her back up) before the battle began and I ran out of codestones. Is it worth it to pay the inflated codestone prices to try for the 55 boost? And should I go for the boost in strength or defense first?

Boosts are always always good since they multiply the damage you do by a larger amount. I'd say that the 55 boost would be helpful.
http://idb.finalhit.org/?searchtype=pag ... es&a_id=80
^^ Info on boosts!

Siniri wrote:
My weapons are all 6-icon (well, I have some that are 3/6 or 6/3 attack/defense); do I even need to worry about getting the boost with these weapons?

Yes, since the boost will let you do more damage with those weapons.

Siniri wrote:
I hope we get to keep battling over the weekend, and it doesn't stop tomorrow...

EDIT: I just won a bottled air faerie from Tombola -- sweet!

Congrats! :)[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:53 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Thanks, atomicblonde. That was a very clear and succint answer. I'll get right on training -- strength first, then defense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:23 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

well my higest strength pet is taking 2-3 attacks to kill the stones. and one of my other pets got wiped out by one attack form the easiest stones so i wont be going far in this war lol

cat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:39 pm 

I have the feeling that we won't be getting credit for beating up on these things. In past wars we've gotten a trophy as we battle that tells us how many points we have.

I'm not seeing a trophy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:46 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Siniri wrote:
Thanks, atomicblonde. That was a very clear and succint answer. I'll get right on training -- strength first, then defense.

I recommend training strength and defence as evenly as possible, so as to avoid the higher codestone costs that you have to pay as your pet's level increases. Also, defence is very useful and underrated. A Leaf Shield along with a decent defence boost will prove very useful against many opponents, especially the current tombstone opponents, as all three of them do mainly earth and physical damage.

IDB Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:55 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

GIR wrote:
Siniri wrote:

I recommend training strength and defence as evenly as possible, so as to avoid the higher codestone costs that you have to pay as your pet's level increases. Also, defence is very useful and underrated. A Leaf Shield along with a decent defence boost will prove very useful against many opponents, especially the current tombstone opponents, as all three of them do mainly earth and physical damage.

GIR, thanks for the suggestion. I'm just training up to get the 55 boost (see my stats above), so I won't have to level up; I figured it'd be better to get strength first then defense since these stones are only barely hurting me right now. But I can do it the other way if you think it's better (once the current strength training is finished). I'll look into a leaf shield, too. Thanks again for the suggestions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:58 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

*headdesk*
:x :x :x :x :x :x
So Much Lag! Even my work e-mail (which takes a billion minutes for it to load when I'm checking it at home) is loading faster than this.
I've only done one fight, but I'm stopping for now, in the hopes that it'll be fixed later.

I had no problem with the lag on ANY other part :(

Kyuubi made me this totally awesome set!!
I <3 Kyuubi!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:59 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

hmmm...these are pretty easy, but then again, I'm just waiting for them to hit the point that they kill me...relatively...I only have 28 hp, so I don't think I'm going to be lasting much longer :oops:

EDIT

Guess what pinkflamingonewsgirl is going to be doing before the next plot...beefing up her Yurble...that's what.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:07 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I think before the next war, TNT should work on beefing up their BD server. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:18 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

atomicblonde wrote:
I think before the next war, TNT should work on beefing up their BD server. :P

Yes, I agree :D

I have a question. How long do these waves usually last? Do we get all week to fight them or just a few days? And when a new wave appears, can we still fight the older/weaker waves?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:26 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

*yawns*

Still one one hit kills... Upgrading my weapons was a very good idea, although I can't train as my battle pet has been sacrificed to the lab and so his stats are completely messed up.

I think I'll battle for a couple mour hours tonight and then call it a day

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:43 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

atomicblonde wrote:
Are we really sure that this is a war-type activity? All of the other 1p opponents are still there and stealing weapons aren't off. I'm so confused. :P

*battles lag*

...how do you steal weapons?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next