Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:31 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:51 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Yay I finally got it! For the first two stages I just clicked randomly until something happened (surprisingly it didn't take that long), but I followed the color progression guide for the last stage. I wrote down each ingredient I put in, and just used trial and error, also writing down what didn't work. I got a lot of pots of bubbling black goo. :lol:

I'm becoming as much of a Bruno fangirl as I am a Sophie fangirl. His reactions make me laugh. <3 And I love the interaction between him and Sophie. Not even Gilly annoyed me this time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:35 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

theonlysaneone wrote:
What I'm really looking for in a plot step is something fun, but difficult, that requires a lot of thinking. Maybe something like a bunch of Lenny Conundrum-type problems put together, but with personalized numbers, that we could all help each other solve.

That would be my worst nightmare, I hate those kinds of puzzles. But, something like that might actually be fun. Especially if you can figure it out, then you feel like you've really accomplished something, and get cooler prizes for it. XD

TiCup wrote:
I'm becoming as much of a Bruno fangirl as I am a Sophie fangirl. His reactions make me laugh. <3 And I love the interaction between him and Sophie. Not even Gilly annoyed me this time!

I agree completely! The characters are really fun. This last bit with Bruno puffing up and shrinking was hilarious.

And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:40 am 

Meer wrote:
theonlysaneone wrote:
What I'm really looking for in a plot step is something fun, but difficult, that requires a lot of thinking. Maybe something like a bunch of Lenny Conundrum-type problems put together, but with personalized numbers, that we could all help each other solve.

That would be my worst nightmare, I hate those kinds of puzzles. But, something like that might actually be fun. Especially if you can figure it out, then you feel like you've really accomplished something, and get cooler prizes for it. XD

TiCup wrote:

I agree completely! The characters are really fun. This last bit with Bruno puffing up and shrinking was hilarious.

Well, we'd still be here to help you out, it would just require a little more effort and intelligence.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:47 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Meer wrote:
theonlysaneone wrote:

That would be my worst nightmare, I hate those kinds of puzzles. But, something like that might actually be fun. Especially if you can figure it out, then you feel like you've really accomplished something, and get cooler prizes for it. XD.

Gawd me too. I fail so hard at Lenny Conundrum it's not even funny...I have no head for numbers. I like things that require a bit of thinking and logic, but nothing really difficult...nothing that people who suck at math couldn't do. :D I'm having a lot of fun with this plot...tedious gravedigging/marking and all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:37 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Since other people are posting theirs, and some people are still stuck i thought i'd post my method. This is how i did my third potion, but i did the second one the same (the first i just randomly clicked)

Here's a computerised version, but i just did it with pen and paper.

First i wrote the colour sequence i was aiming for across the top of the page - shown in red
Then i drew little lines linking the colours - shown in orange
Then i tried an ingredient, and if it didnt work i wrote it at the bottom with a cross next to it - shown in orange.
If it did work i wrote it under the line and moved onto the next step doing the same.

Does that make sence? Obviously the specifics of the ingredients will be different for each person, but that was my method.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:13 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Thanks for the help, everyone! Especially Rach. =) It made perfect sense.

One of my friends and I was having a race to see who could get finished with the potions first... I won, and I started after he did. =P

ImageImageImage
Set by WIS (I think XD), awesome fader by Bangel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:24 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I'm a bit lost now... I 've been looking through the plot summary and it doesn't tell you where I'm supposed to go to do this new step... I got redirected to the comic when I click on the continue button and now I don't know where to go. Anyone?

EDIT: Nevermind. I saw that they were in her shack.. should have thought of that sooner ^_^

I'd say something witty if I could. But we can't always be so smooth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:06 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Setekh wrote:
I know im gonna be unpopular for saying this but...
I wish this stage had been longer, we now have a whole week with no news or updates and nothing to do (Regarding the plot)

I know what they're trying to do! They're trying to get us addicted to Attack of the Gummy Dice! :p

~Habitual over-analyzer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:25 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

AySz88 wrote:
Setekh wrote:
I know im gonna be unpopular for saying this but...
I wish this stage had been longer, we now have a whole week with no news or updates and nothing to do (Regarding the plot)

I know what they're trying to do! They're trying to get us addicted to Attack of the Gummy Dice! :p

Well if that was the purpose of the plot, then it worked. Can I have my prize now??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:26 am 

I feel pretty bad for completely ignoring the grave-marking thing; hopefully, I can make up for that with this.
I finished by just writing down all my steps in Notepad o_o

Life is like an analogy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:23 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I used a very similar method to Rachel. I looked at the list of colours, and worked from there. For example, the potion starts being red, and needs to become blue. So I clicked on one ingredient, to see if it made the potion blue. If it didn't, I just clicked randomly until it reset, and tried another combination. Once I had the first ingredient, when I restarted I used that ingredient to begin with, and then tried the next ingredient to see if that made the potion green. It was a bit tedious, but it came out with the solution after about ten minutes.

Neopets Username: spoonguardonline

http://www.neopets.com/neoadventure.pht ... uardonline - Please play, and feedback is definitely welcome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:25 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

thats pretty much exactly what i did, except i wrote it down as i have a horrific memory!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:45 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Rachel wrote:
thats pretty much exactly what i did, except i wrote it down as i have a horrific memory!

Me too, but not initially realising that doing the same ingredient twice in a row came up with different results meant that I'd gone through the same combination of four ingredients about twenty times. That etched it into my mind a bit :).

If I tried, I could probably still remember the combination now.

Neopets Username: spoonguardonline

http://www.neopets.com/neoadventure.pht ... uardonline - Please play, and feedback is definitely welcome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:02 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

It gets very easy once you know the colors aren't random

AGREE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:21 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Hehehe.. bumroot.. :D

ImageImage

Boom-shaka-laka! Rawr come and join us in the Randomness
Sig Halloween'd by Tom!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next