Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:38 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:46 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

matchbow wrote:
I made a table and just made the headings 1-5 to represent the inggredients, in relation to their position on the screen, and then what they did. it's really easy that way, and i finished the whole thing in under 10 minutes. this was my favourite part thus far

Same here but I'm cursed...

Edit: I'm getting odd results with adding the second ingredient to a purple solution. The first time i recorded it on my chart, I listed it as G (green) (but this one may have been a data entry error)... went to it again later, and I got Gr (gray). Later on I got red instead... The Gray seems to be the default though unless i'm going backwards in my order...

My Mootix Drop guide here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:55 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Duke of Earl wrote:
matchbow wrote:
I made a table and just made the headings 1-5 to represent the inggredients, in relation to their position on the screen, and then what they did. it's really easy that way, and i finished the whole thing in under 10 minutes. this was my favourite part thus far

Same here but I'm cursed...

Edit: I'm getting odd results with adding the second ingredient to a purple solution. The first time i recorded it on my chart, I listed it as G (green) (but this one may have been a data entry error)... went to it again later, and I got Gr (gray). Later on I got red instead... The Gray seems to be the default though unless i'm going backwards in my order...

Yea, you can't just make a list of what ingredients make what colors since they change throughout the mixing process. This had me confused at first since this is what a lot of people are saying to do. Others though have the one ing. + another ing. While this is I'm sure accurate, I found it confusing too! I didn't think I'd be able to do it, but I did. It was just trial and error. When I was at my third potion, I had the sequence down to the last ingredient - then none of the them worked! What I did was find a different first ingredient that still made the sequence work, then I was able to plug in the last ingredient. So, if you have most of the sequence, you probably just need to play with one other ingredient in there until it works.

With patience, I think you can do it. I don't think Neopets would make it so that kids would need to come up with all kinds of charts and theories to get it accomplished. It does take time and patience, though.

Set provided by: DM was on fire!
"Indeed in nothing is the power of the Dark Lord more clearly shown than in the estrangement that divides all those who still oppose him" ~ Haldir

Last edited by cslewislover on Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:57 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

To all those still having trouble. Make sure you know what ingredients change things red, green, and blue. From there find your first purple (red > green > blue > green = purple). One of your ingredients will be a "revert" as in will likely screw up any sequence. Mine happened to be the Bronze Sansam. It was completely unnecessary.

Example:

red > green > blue > green = purple

purple + blue = black
purple + red = black
purple + green = pink

black + red = pink
pink + red = black

pink + green = rainbow

rainbow + blue = black
rainbow + green = (wrong)
rainbow + red = swirly yellow-green

swirly yellow-green + blue = sparkly purple

sparkly purple + red = swirly silver-red

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:59 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I just finished the 2nd stage. I'm liking this plot bit, and it's nice not to have to race against a million other Neopians to finish it.

Cracked me up. :lol:

Thanks for the tip anjuna, as I am just about to get to the 3rd part it will come in handy. :3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:01 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

anjuna wrote:
To all those still having trouble. Make sure you know what ingredients change things red, green, and blue. From there find your first purple (red > green > blue > green = purple). One of your ingredients will be a "revert" as in will likely screw up any sequence. Mine happened to be the Bronze Sansam. It was completely unnecessary.

Example:

purple + blue = black
purple + red = black
purple + green = pink

black + red = pink
pink + red = black

pink + green = rainbow

rainbow + blue = black
rainbow + green = (wrong)
rainbow + red = swirly yellow-green

swirly yellow-green + blue = sparkly purple

That didn't make much sense...

What the heck are you adding there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:05 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Duke of Earl wrote:

I don't claim it makes sense. It just works, lol. My ingredients from left to right were blue/green/red/green/blue. So once I had the second purple, I added berries (my red) to make the solution the final swirly silvery-red.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:09 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

anjuna wrote:
Duke of Earl wrote:

I don't claim it makes sense. It just works, lol. My ingredients from left to right were blue/green/red/green/blue. So once I had the second purple, I added berries (my red) to make the solution the final swirly silvery-red.

Had been tricked into thinking that we all had the same ingredients...
Mine are Bumroot, Leafy Slorgblossum, Crushed Jurpleberries, Salt, Bronze Sansam...

Still no success :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:13 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

We do all have the same ingredients. :) They just don't all translate as the same colors for all of us. Find out what makes your red, green, and blue first. Perhaps even mess around to find the "revert" and never touch it again. ;) Once you can make red, green, and blue then purple comes easier. From the first purple, it was much easier to change to other colors.

EDIT: I might even say the hardest part for me was making that first purple. :oops: Working with only red, green, and blue it took me a little while to discover purple was made by going red > green > blue > green. Once you can successfully recreate this first 4-step sequence, all else falls into place by re-doing that and adding one color to see how that changes. It is the reason it took me many tries, but I preferred to 'map' it out logically so I could better track my overall progress.

Last edited by anjuna on Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:16 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

anjuna wrote:
We do all have the same ingredients. :) They just don't all translate as the same colors for all of us. Find out what makes your red, green, and blue first. Perhaps even mess around to find the "revert" and never touch it again. ;) Once you can make red, green, and blue then purple comes easier. From the first purple, it was much easier to change to other colors.

Well. I don't have any ingredients that are red. So there are differences. If you look on the previous page near the end, you'll see that I linked to my spreadsheet of results... I've already done what you're talking about, I think :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:16 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Duke of Earl wrote:
anjuna wrote:
Duke of Earl wrote:

Had been tricked into thinking that we all had the same ingredients...
Mine are Bumroot, Leafy Slorgblossum, Crushed Jurpleberries, Salt, Bronze Sansam...

Still no success :x

The ingredients are the same, people just abbreviate them differently. My 2nd potion was: leaf>jurp>salt>salt>leaf>salt (no bumroot)
My 3rd potion was: san>leaf>jurp>san>san>leaf>jurp>jurp>salt> (no bumroot)

Edit: Yea, the last message of anjuna's is good.

Set provided by: DM was on fire!
"Indeed in nothing is the power of the Dark Lord more clearly shown than in the estrangement that divides all those who still oppose him" ~ Haldir

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:22 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/ ... OSCR45.png

Does everyone else have the same name, but different images for their ingredients or something?...

I'm so close to wanting someone else to log into my account and figure it out or fail too...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:23 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Duke of Earl wrote:
Well. I don't have any ingredients that are red. So there are differences. If you look on the previous page near the end, you'll see that I linked to my spreadsheet of results... I've already done what you're talking about, I think :/

Red + red = green. So at the beginning of any sequence, test this. Add an ingredient, see what it changes to. Re-start the sequence and add only one of a different ingredient. Note the change. If you add a certain ingredient to your original red starting pot and it changes to green, it could be your red (or green, but that is the reason for testing singular ingredients, etc.). Sorry the spreadsheet method makes no sense to me.

red + red = green
green + green = red
blue + blue = green

red + green = green
red + blue = blue
green + blue = green

It does kind of make less sense the more I try to explain it. Just stick with 3 ingredients you know make predictable color changes, is my advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:23 pm 

Duke of Earl wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/ ... OSCR45.png

Does everyone else have the same name, but different images for their ingredients or something?...

Same names, same ingredients for me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:25 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

a few people have had trouble getting the sparkle one. I did at first also until I realized it was purple. It just looks a little shinier than the original purple. I had it but didn't realize it. I read a few other posts saying they had the same problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:26 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

anjuna wrote:
Duke of Earl wrote:

Red + red = green. So at the beginning of any sequence, test this. Add an ingredient, see what it changes to. Re-start the sequence and add only one of a different ingredient. Note the change. If you add a certain ingredient to your original red starting pot and it changes to green, it could be your red (or green, but that is the reason for testing singular ingredients, etc.). Sorry the spreadsheet method makes no sense to me.

red + red = green
green + green = red
blue + blue = green

red + green = green
red + blue = blue
green + blue = green

It does kind of make less sense the more I try to explain it. Just stick with 3 ingredients you know make predictable color changes, is my advice.

Ok, I'll explain the spreadsheet.

The first column with #s 1-5 is for ingredients, from left to right. I'm on the third potion, so I have five ingredients.
The top row has each stage of the potion: Red, Green, Blue, Purple, Gray, Pink, 4 colors, green yellow swirly, purple sparkly, Silver red swirly.

Each square is what the result is if you add the two. I.e. 1R is is adding the first ingredient to a red potion. The result is a green potion.

Does that make sense?

Casi wrote:
a few people have had trouble getting the sparkle one. I did at first also until I realized it was purple. It just looks a little shinier than the original purple. I had it but didn't realize it. I read a few other posts saying they had the same problem.

You, sir are a genius. I, sir am an idiot.

THANK YOU SO MUCH....

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next