Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Void Within
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:15 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Bummer, Chivewarrior! At least points are relatively easy to come by so far? I'm surprised they haven't added in the # purchased hover-over thing that has been in some other prize shops. I understand that the Void Blade isn't showing how many you've purchased, either, and it has a limit on it. Oops.
I'm personally holding off on buying anything yet, as I can't decide between a few items that I want as to what I want first.

A few questions were asked in the editorial yesterday pertaining to the plot...here they are:
Hey TNT! Thank you for the recent post regarding the expected pacing for the Void Within - it does help set expectations. The day this clarification was posted however, a new comic panel was released, followed by a cutoff for the first week accomplishments the next next morning - meaning that players had just around 24 hours to log in, see the updated comic and accomplish that deed. This swift turn around seems in direct opposition to the post claiming Neopians wouldn't need to stress about logging in every day in fear of missing content, since though that's exactly what happened to many players that day/following morning. Can this clarification be perhaps reclarified? ~ midnight_rising
Hello! The recent post talking about pacing was meant for the release of content related to the story. Fearless Deeds is its own separate thing outside of that. Hope this helps! ~~Sunpotato

Dear Neopian Staff members who read all our submissions which may reach over 1k or 2k on a weekly basis, thank you for your time. I kindly ask you to reveal some data, concerning a task given to us participants in "The Void Within" plot, for I fear some of us might miss on some plot points, for not taking action in the given time. Specifically, in the Rewards page we got the "Rift Rewarder" challenge that requires us to get 15unique items purchased. Will this step be completed only if we do the purchases during the 1st Act or can we hoard points until Act 3 and still be awarded the achievement of "Rift Rewarder"?
Worry not! You’ll be able to retroactively get rewards if you missed any in past Acts! Once a fearless deed becomes available you’ll be able to earn it anytime. ~~ Sunpotato
On a totally different note, I did a thing to make it easier for anyone wanting to share links to the day's Essence collection locations quickly. The code for every map is listed alphabetically in the first post, each on their own line to make copying easier. :)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2024 5:47 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

New day, new tasks and plot! And today's story is dialogue instead of a chapter.

Today's tasks:

1) Finish hospital volunteering and click as above to start new one x2 (can be done every six hours).
2) Follow the new dialogue tree (dialogue quotes and links to locations in spoiler, with my snarky comments in parentheses)
Narrator: Last we left our heroes, they were saved by a mysterious Aisha during the attack on Brightvale. Maybe you should check up on them over in Brightvale?
Tavi: Hey, you! Did you just save me?
Nyx: *Staring at her hand* … (which appears to be holding void essence)
Baelia: Um, excuse me… But who are you?
Nyx: I’m… Nyx. Sorry, but… Can I ask you where I am?
Tavi: Brightvale. Or at least I think it is… It’s not very bright right now, is it?
Nyx: Bright…vale? Never heard of it.
Juni: *Whine* (oh, that's who was in the backpack! I was wondering why I had never heard of that petpet before)
Nyx: That’s not important. Are there any doctors around here? My friend is hurt and I—
Tavi: Not around here, but maybe we can try the Healing Springs. Marina always knows what to do…
Baelia: I don’t know, Tavi… Those don’t look like normal injuries to me. Even Marina might not be able to help here… (poor NeoHospital and all those volunteers being completely ignored)
Tavi: Maybe you’re right. He looks like he’s covered in the same stuff that’s in that weird floating space hole over Neopia. Wait, wasn’t Dr. Landelbrot researching that?
Baelia: And the Council of Leaders, too. Queen Fyora was worried about it…
Nyx: Council of Leaders, huh…? ("Take me to your leaders")
Nyx: Okay. I’m going to the Council and this Dr. Ladle-bot guy, and then I’m going back to Neopia Central to find my brother. Thanks for your help.
Tavi: Wait! You can’t just go alone. Do you even know where Altador is?
Nyx: Altador? I’m not familiar with that land either... but I’ll manage.
Tavi: No offence, but you didn’t even know we were in Brightvale. Come on, I’m an explorer, so I’ll make sure we all get to the Council and Dr. Landelbrot nice and quick. And you can use your, um… space magic or whatever it is to protect us!
Baelia: … (is Baelia grey because she has anxiety?)
Nyx: *Sigh*... Fine. Let’s go, then.

After reading the dialogue, it should appear as Chapter 2, page 4, and you should be awarded 1 plot point)
3) Collect 10 void essences (Deserted Fairgrounds, Krawk Island, and Neopian Bazaar)
4) Battle obelisk challengers (optional; if you want any of their drops; if you'd prefer plot drops, swap this step with #4)
5) Battle in BV wave I and/or II
6) Visit Tarla (Main is: Split Zafara Table Lamp (R90), remaining times (thanks Bean and Edd!): W1: 3:10am NST (I missed while typing this), W2: 10:26am NST, W3: 1:17pm NST, W4: 8:13pm NST)
7) Daily quests and Trudy and regular dailies

Response to other comments: ~:>
Thanks, Pickles! That will really help on mobile.

That clarification seems a bit different than the other clarification and reconfiguring of that deed. Oh, well. I'll either get to do everything or I won't. It wouldn't be the first time I miss out on stuff because of lag, or lack of announcements, or my internet going out the last night of a plot, or a bad freezing...

I think I'm going to hoard my points for a bit, too. I should unload my spare thundersticks sooner than later. I just realized they're in the prize shop. I would have gotten extra stamps instead. Grrrrr. Oh, well. It won't be the first time I miss out on NP because TNT decided to give out something at a discount that I'd worked really hard for. At least it's something in the prize shop that I won't need to waste points on... (BTW, if you'd like to save your points, too, you're welcome to my second one at a steep friend discount because that'll make it sting a lot less. :battar: )

I still need 4 items from the hospital -- including the stamp, LEV, and healer, of course. However, if you're still missing any of the wearables, it's very likely I have extras of whatever you'd like. Just let me know.

Note: We're at 8.555M void essences collected. We should hit the community goal in the next day or two or few.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2024 7:51 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Thanks for today's update, Siniri. :) It's been linked to the first post. I appreciated your snarky remarks. :P

I did actually get an LEV today. I'm trying to decide what to do with it. I wish I'd gotten it sooner and been able to sell it for something decent, but...no such luck.

Warning: Rant ahead in spoilers if you don't want to read.
While I was initially somewhat excited about the prize shop, I am now decidedly not. The number of plot-exclusive items is too low, and those that are there are nothing particularly special. I find myself now very disappointed there's nothing exclusive and super expensive prize-points-wise to work towards. The most expensive plot-exclusives are 300 points. Of the whopping 11 exclusive items (out of 83 items in the shop), 5 of them are petpets that have been sitting around previously unreleased...for literally years. (There are a lot of such items.) We literally already have enough prize points to buy at least one of every of the exclusive items, at a month in. 5k prize points is, thus far, going to be ridiculously easy to obtain. I think had we not had access to the prize shop before the plot ended, I would have been ridiculously disappointed with it to begin with. I know they are giving out items along the way, but...I would've rather seen those as prize shop prizes than as frequent handouts. This may just be my opinion here, but...yeah.

Thunder Sticks were still ridiculously cheap in terms of AC prize points compared to what they should have been for how powerful a weapon it was, especially when you compare it to previous weapons in the AC shop that were much more expensive in prize points but wimpy in comparison (see Janitor's Bucket for the prime example there). There was so much wrong in that prize shop that I was not surprised that they the Thunder Sticks made a return in the prize shop. I've been half expecting them to be re-released in some form or fashion since they've done so with so many other expensive weapons in the quest log (Sleep Ray, Mystical Tablet, Kings Lens, etc). Honestly, I was more expecting it to show back up in the AC shop again this year, or as some sort of side quest log thing for the AC (you know, that event tab that they haven't used yet).

If it's any consolation, I paid 69 million neopoints for my WODF back in 2017 and 41 million neopoints for the LEV back in 2012 (I have screenshots). While yes, these were hit by inflation, they were not cheap or easy to obtain to begin with (case in point that the LEV was 41 million in 2012, TWELVE YEARS AGO), nor were they supposed to be. The WODF and Illusens Staff were meant to be exclusive and hard to obtain through their respective quests, but yet both have now been in prize shops for ridiculously little effort comparatively. I remember being excited that the WODF had actually come DOWN enough that I could afford it at the time (IIRC, thanks to Charity Corner events releasing random R99s and making it ever so slightly easier to complete the Illusen/Jhudora quests), even though it trashed my bank account to do so. Do I agree that they've gotten out of hand now? Yes. But should they be handouts? Definitely not.

As I've said before, I understand trying to combat inflation, but the majority of the good "elite staple" battledome weapons have been decimated in value, and the attempt at combating inflation in the stamps has not really helped, either, as every stamp of higher rarity that hasn't been released in some form has skyrocketed. (I'm not going to go into a list of how much I paid to complete a couple of the albums that I completed before this last year when they started handing them out in various ways - I have screenshots of that, too.) There is basically nothing to work towards now for battledome weapons, and since the prize shop has no "new and better" weapons, it only adds to that pointless feeling. Yes, it's great that they're making things more accessible for returning players, but this does nothing for those of us who have been around the whole time and worked hard towards these goals that are now being handed out like candy. It's a slap in the face.

And also...what do those returning players have to work towards now? They've got everything big (or will soon) that is needed for one-player battles now (with the exception of like, Space Faerie on hard, something that even with good weapons, you need a TON of HP to survive). This will not motivate people to stick around to achieve more things. I know when I had a really poor showing in one battle plot, I worked hard to train and saved a lot to get better weapons...so that I could do better in the next. Yes, training is still something to work towards, but that is slow (and since we're clearly targeting people who want immediate awards for little to no work, that will not keep them around) and there are basically no real weapons goals to work towards. Need a healer? Here's the top tier one for less than 500k...or free for a few clicks and a little bit of luck. Oh, never mind we've given out a 50% healer for free at Advent Calendar and in quest log and essence bonuses already. Want the best freezer in the game? We've already earned enough plot points for that, in less than a month after the plot started (technically in less than a week of the battling section). Never mind that a 100% healer was given out in the 6+ months quest log weekly prizes. By the end of the plot, everyone will have the best freezer, the 100% healer (LEV), a nearly-the best high-icon multi-use weapon or two (GOW and WODF), 100% blocker (T-Tear), and decent secondary items (between Void Blade and some of the items that have been given out in the quest log in the last year). Even my kiddos recognize the fact that they will not have to work hard for this, and MLP even said, "it feels cheap, like I didn't earn it," when she was the first of us to get an LEV. I'll admit that the initial "COOL!" of seeing some of the weapons I want in the prize shop has also worn off, and I feel very similarly (it's not as exciting to get them this way than having truly done a lot of work to earn them), even though I haven't bought them with points yet.

The completionist in me has me continuing to play through the plot, but I am finding it harder to motivate myself at this point, especially when the tasks are currently pretty mindless, and at this rate, we have months of them, which will get REALLY old. Having a cap of "beat a certain number of opponents before the next is available" (or as many as you can) is much more desirable than having to fight the same ones day after day with no end in sight and no goal in sight other than to earn your daily plot points. (Plus, we can't even see how many we've beaten ourselves, as there's no tracker for them and they don't show in the battledome records, either.)

There's that one thin strand of hope that I have that maybe having a pet that has been trained off and on through the years will make a difference at some point (but this may only work if you're in the top 250 pets for HP or something, which I'm definitely not)...but since currently fighting on Easy gives the same amount of plot points as on Mighty....yeah not holding out a heap ton of hope there, either.
At any rate, today's tasks are completed here. Sorry for the grumbly rant. I had hopes that were probably higher than they should've been.
On the positive side of things, my kiddos are having a blast customizing for "void" and we might've spoiled them with a few of the dyeworks items. I haven't customized for this or the AC yet (maybe in the next week or so), and the closest I have to a Void customization is my battle pet. I haven't decided if I'll have everyone customized for my team for AC or if I'll have some of them Void themed. I have lots of favorite customizations, though, so...who knows.

Clearly, Nyx hasn't been around Neopia for a VERY long time, if she doesn't know what Brightvale or Altador are...like...20 years+ long. Or...maybe she's from some sort of alternate timeline or something? Who knows. If she's been trying to find a way back to Neopia for 20+ years, it could make for some interesting themes.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 10:45 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I feel the same way, Pickles. Like, maybe have mid -tier weapons available for those who need them (basic freezer, 50% healer) as some of the most expensive prizes.

And I don't like the plot just being easy busy work dailies. I thought the void essence locations were going to be unique to each user (which would be awful to do daily for weeks on end, but could have been fun if we only had to do them once per week). But that's not really a puzzle... We're mostly adults. Give us those unique-to-each-user puzzles or mapping exercises. Something that takes maybe an hour over the course of a week, so we can choose when we do it like you said. And without the busy work. Pointless homework is so last century.

This isn't a plot.

The comics are okay, but the rest of it so far... Meh.

Sorry, I don't have time to make the big post for today. I mostly commented so that if Pickles is the one who ends up doing it, she won't double post. (Plus what was that description on the pink poogle toy again? We've got to live up to our reputation.)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:56 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Today's tasks:

1) Finish hospital volunteering and click as above to start new one x2 (can be done every six hours).
2) Collect 10 void essences (Deserted Fairgrounds, Moltara Caves, Neovia)
3) Battle regular challengers (if you want any of their drops; if you'd prefer plot drops, swap this step with #4)
4) Battle in BV wave I and/or II (despite the new page, there are no additional BD challengers... yet, and no indication there will be one later today)
5) Visit Tarla (Red Suede Hat - 91 remaining times (thanks Bean and Edd!) W2: 8:10am NST, W3: 5:29pm NST, W4: 7:27pm NST)
6) Daily quests and Trudy and regular dailies

They had initially made the locations unique to each user, but too many people complained about it that they set it to the same for everyone.
There is a solutions tab that is at present unused. I'm hoping that means we'll have some sort of puzzles. We are, after all, only in chapter 2 of this. There is time for them to redeem themselves on this score. That being said, I would LOVE to have something like the Temple of 1,000 Tombs from LDP (I still have my mapping diagram of it, and it still works)...or even the infamous (yes, I'll say it) Anubix Toxicology Reports. Faerie's Ruin has some decent puzzle steps, too, IIRC.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 7:46 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Uugh. The Temple of 1,000 Tombs. (Temple of 1,000 Hours of Time). *shudder* I do recall many, many hours spent in various plots over time. Digging. Digging. Other stuff. Crystal something or other...

Do I have as much time (or more time) for this one? I don't know. Feels like I don't but, my NeoTime has definitely increased with this plus QuestLog. Oy.

@Pickles & @Siniri - Y'all are doing an awesome job on your posts! Thank you very much!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 4:09 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:04 am NST
Chapter 2 Page 5

1) View the next page in Chapter 2 for 1 point and collect the item:
Your dedication is admirable. Here is a gift for your efforts!
Wormwood and Mint Balm
This item has been added to your inventory.
2) Finish hospital volunteering and click as above to start new one x2 (can be done every six hours).
3) Collect 10 void essences (Shenkuu, Neopian Bazaar, Neopian Plaza). WE WILL PROBABLY HIT THE FIRST COMMUNITY GOAL TODAY.
4) Battle regular challengers (if you want any of their drops; if you'd prefer plot drops, swap this step with #5)
5) Battle in BV wave I and/or II (despite the new page, there are no additional BD challengers... yet, and no indication there will be one later today)
7) Sign up for the Altador Cup to complete the "Not My Problem…" Fearless Deed and gain an extra 10 points.

Random personal achievement (if you can call it that?): I have now received at least one of every one of the hospital prizes. Took a while, but...yeah

ETA:
Just a reminder that this Gleam NC Giveaway ends tomorrow at 10:00 AM PDT:
Pickles wrote:
For those interested, there's a The Void Within NC giveaway on Gleam. Here's my referral link...if anyone else wants to post their links on here, maybe we can help each other get extra entries. You should be able to get at least 9 entries just by clicking links
Enter your Neopets Game Account Username: If you win, NC Prize will be sent to this Neopets game account - 1 Entry
Enter "The Void Within": - 1 Entry
Follow-up quiz to the "The Void Within" - 1 Entry
Check out the latest NC Void Items!: - 1 Entry
Visit Neopets on Facebook - 1 Entry
Visit neopetsofficialaccount on Instagram - 2 Entries
Visit Neopets on YouTube - 1 Entry
Download Neopets: Tales of Dacardia - 1 Entry (does not require downloading, just visit the link)
Tier 1 - 10 Winners - 7,500 NC per winner - Total Entries Required to Qualify: 14 entries
Tier 2 - 15 Winners - 3,000 NC per winner - Total Entries Required to Qualify: 11 entries
Tier 3 - 25 Winners -1,200 NC per winner - Total Entries Required to Qualify: 8 entries

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 9:18 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Wormwood. That choice made me chuckle. It is the material from which Thujone is extracted to make Absinthe.

I did the gleam thing and have 12 entries. Not likely to get the 14 needed to qualify for the top prize. (i.e. no referrals likely and I do not have a screenshot of today's Trudy). Ah well. To all - May the odds be ever in your favor ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 9:31 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Blue wrote:
I did the gleam thing and have 12 entries. Not likely to get the 14 needed to qualify for the top prize. (i.e. no referrals likely and I do not have a screenshot of today's Trudy). Ah well. To all - May the odds be ever in your favor ;)
If you do tomorrow's Trudy early enough in the day, you can screenshot it and get the extra 2 entries. But...it would have to be pretty early in the day. Being realistic, the chances of any of us winning anything are pretty low. :lol:

Essence community goal will probably happen later tonight or overnight. We're currently at: 9,857,526. Earlier in the day we were in the 9.7 millions. I am curious as to what we'll earn from this...but expecting nothing particularly amazing at this point. I guess we'll see?

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 11:08 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Pickles wrote:
Being realistic, the chances of any of us winning anything are pretty low. :lol:
My thoughts exactly. I did find it interesting that I could complete the TikTok challenege, even without an account. Just follow the link, then put random info in the (gleam) box and click continue ;)

Pickles wrote:
Essence community goal will probably happen later tonight or overnight. We're currently at: 9,857,526. Earlier in the day we were in the 9.7 millions. I am curious as to what we'll earn from this...but expecting nothing particularly amazing at this point. I guess we'll see?
Everyone gets a Super Attack Pea, of course.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:30 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I managed to get the plushie yesterday and LEV today, so now all I'm missing is the healing item. And more bullseye potions for Blue.

I have so many of the wearables now... And salads. So many salads.

I missed my first alarm last night, so now my two hospital shifts are at the same time (and training right afterwards, though it's already up to three minutes later because it takes longer). This should make it easier to get four visits in most days, but if I miss one at night, that's totally fine.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 2:08 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Apparently just signing up for the Altador Cup gives you the "Attend a seasonal event" Fearless Deed. (I have joined Altador as I did once upon a time.) I suspect I will enjoy the cup more once I have a handle on playing Yooyuball again simply because I enjoy playing Yooyuball and I don't enjoy the battledome.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:43 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

We reached the first community goal at 11:26:53 pm NST last night (thanks to Diamond1234's screenshot over on discord where a perfect 10,000,000 was captured). The claim button is in the same spot as the 80% Void Essence claim button.
Community Goal Reached!
Congratulations!
Through everyone's hard work, a milestone has been reached!
To celebrate this achievement everyone who participated in the collection of Void Essences has received the following:
Plot Points: 100pts
Void Rift Snowglobe
This item has been added to your inventory!

Today's tasks:

2) Collect 10 void essences (Altador, Faerie City, Tyrannia) Note: there seems to be a glitch that if you gather essences before you claim your community prize, you might get double of the essence prize pool when you claim for your 80%
3) Battle other challengers (if you want any of their drops; if you'd prefer plot drops, swap this step with #4)
4) Battle in BV wave I and/or II
5) Visit Tarla (Main is: Kreludan Crosswords - 90 remaining times (thanks Bean and Edd!) W2: 7:25am NST, W3: 5:32pm NST, W4: 7:10-7:16pm NST)

I'm in a hurry so I hope I didn't miss anything.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

Last edited by Pickles on Wed Jul 17, 2024 2:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 1:08 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Thanks, Pickles! JN is down, so it's nice to have the steps here.

Green Neocola Token for my weekly reward (blargh... This should be a decent prize, but with everything else in the pool...). I had already clicked the community prize before I collected the daily void essences, so thankfully I didn't have to worry about the glitch.

Technically there are no obelisk challengers right now, so it would just be an optional step to battle in the regular BD if you want those prizes (no need to swap if you only want plot prizes). But the general idea is there, which is most important.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 2:49 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Siniri wrote:
Technically there are no obelisk challengers right now, so it would just be an optional step to battle in the regular BD if you want those prizes (no need to swap if you only want plot prizes). But the general idea is there, which is most important.
You saw nothing. ;) (I copy/pasted and didn't have time to really fully read what I'd copied from. :P )

Finally had a few minutes to get through everything other than collecting the community bonus. I got a Space Station Silhouette Background for the bonus.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next