Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Return of Dr. Sloth [Split 11]
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:44 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Right now I'm seeing two possibilities:

Either the plot is truly over (which is a big letdown by itself), so they've stopped the testing step because they need to calculate points..

Or the testing step was just available for a brief period of time, like plot steps usually are. Players can earn as many points as they want within a certain time limit, and then its on to the next step..

Both might indicate that the battle step does make use of win limits, since that is still available (the logic being: we don't need a time limit for it, since we use win limits instead). In both cases it's a real bummer that the step wasn't open a bit longer, I haven't had much time to do any testing either :(

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:05 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Well, gee. I knew there were some holes, but I hadn't considered everything that y'all have said. Those things being considered, I can't imagine this is the last comic. *huge relief*

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:17 pm 

I haven't been on neopets forever or anything, but this is by far the most complicated plot I've ever done! I really liked the testing, I wish I had more time to work on it!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:42 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I don't know if I'm reaching or not, but does anyone think that the NeoVision videos with AAA and Abigail might have something to do with this plot? Just a thought. :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:37 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Kaebel wrote:
I don't know if I'm reaching or not, but does anyone think that the NeoVision videos with AAA and Abigail might have something to do with this plot? Just a thought. :)

My computer had a lot of trouble loading the videos, so I couldn't watch them. However, I thought, at first, that the Daily Dare may be pulled into this plot. I know it could just be coincidence that the DD is occurring during this plot... but it just feels like they're going to mesh together. I want to know who kidnapped them - it looks like a wocky in shadow - and if she/he is working for Dr. Sloth.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:55 am 

I hope it's not over.
Just Sloth broke a lot of rules for being an evil overlord which I found amusing. Speeches, not sending in his top military commander, fighting a two front war, and leaving the only item that can destroy him unguarded.

I don't think its over. There HAS to be a little bit more.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:06 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Well, it ís an old plot that they revived.. I haven't been around in the old days, but were plots back then also as extensive as plots like ToW?

Edit: I just saw an article in the Neopian Times: http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.pht ... 3&week=333
I'm not sure how much of it is just written by a user or how much of it is true, but the article speaks of how Neopians would be divided if there was a war, and the tone suggests that war is actually coming. Just fiction or maybe a glimpse of things to come?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:53 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Looks like I'll be the voice of dissent here.

I was so excited that we were finally getting a Sloth plot, but it's turned out to be such a disappointment to me.

I haven't found any of it to be fun expect maybe step 2. I'm just so ready for it to be over.

The comics were brilliantly done though imo.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:15 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Kenjiro wrote:
Edit: I just saw an article in the Neopian Times: http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.pht ... 3&week=333
I'm not sure how much of it is just written by a user or how much of it is true, but the article speaks of how Neopians would be divided if there was a war, and the tone suggests that war is actually coming. Just fiction or maybe a glimpse of things to come?

Heh. {pokes thread in polls} Definitely user written, as some of our votes were included there. :P

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:38 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Wasn't the kreludor mines robo-guard guy part of the original plot though? I thought he appeared during the first RODS plot attempt. We haven't done a thing with him. So if it's over... wouldn't that mean that they've actually cut back on the original plot length?

Quote:
Well, it ís an old plot that they revived.. I haven't been around in the old days, but were plots back then also as extensive as plots like ToW?

Heh, heh. Go look up a walkthrough for the Neopet v2 plot. Geesh. That was intense! Not in the same way, but still... intense. (I was kinda halfway hoping to see Grimilix the programmer back again at some point in this plot...)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:21 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Well, news is up and there isn't anything new about the plot. :(

I was kind of hoping they'd do something with that blasted robot.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:32 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I decided to reread the comic... and noticed that Cylara's incantation looked a lot like Latin. It was one of my worst subjects, so I couldn't translate this by myself, I used an online translator. I got "anadate to slip through cosmos sloth main cosmos sloth." I'm pretty such Anadate is a misspelling of "Andante" which means "to move slowly."

In a nutshell, I think her spell is going to cause Sloth to slowly move through a black hole to the space fairy (since she couldn't show up fast enough).

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:14 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
It looks like dog Latin at best, but I have a very comprehensive dictionary on my computer from when I took Latin, and a generalized idea of the endings, so I gave it a shot. I pretty much ignored the actual structure, since it's definitely got a lot of made up stuff in there anyway.
anadate=I think it's "ana"(possibly meaning two?) and "date"(the imperative form of give, surrender, or make)
perlaxus=very/completely/thoroughly(per) spacious/unrestricted/at ease(laxus)
cosmos=universe(nom/acc)
noten=? possibly friends, or possibly infamous
fertulitum=the little
benevact=good + act?(All I got for "act" was the Acts book of the Bible)
anagio=around the holy
maliere=master + evil
abiec=probably from abire, "depart"
anadate=or give/surrender/make
perlaxus=very spacious
cosmos=universe

So..."To give the two little friends the unrestricted universe, or make the masterful evil depart completely from the spacious universe....SLOTH."
Something like that.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:00 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they continued with the plot after this "ending". Remember when we thought the Lost Desert Plot was over, and most of us were left scratching our heads and thinking, "Huh? That's IT?!" and the plot picked up again a few days later?

Plus, there hasn't been a nigh-unbeatable 10000 HP villain in the Battledome yet. There's usually one of those in every major Neopets plot. Might be some souped-up form of Sloth or something.

But it's also equally as possible that TNT's having to rush things to stay on schedule, and that this really is the end, lame as it is. =\

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:14 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

This isn't the ending. TNT did a terrible job at this plot. A total of 5 steps including the BD fighting in 13 chapters, isn't it lame? Plus this so called 'ending' was extremly stupid... Sloth getting stretched because of a spell spoken from a child? But still I'm 100% sure this isn't the ending because:
1) We still don't know what happened to Ylana and the scout.
2) The events of the Time tunnel and escape to Kreludor and some other stuff haven't occured yet.
3) This was way too short.

Oh crap! I just remembered that I left my car keys in the OTHER dimension...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next