Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Return of Dr. Sloth [Split 11] Disappointement?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:33 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Disappointed by TNT????

- There is a regularity of new steps every week.

- The comics are and its storylines are better.

- There are puzzles of different sorts that involve both individual and group efforts.

- There is a variety of opponents in the Battledome.

I don't believe the plot is over after Chapter 13 and even if it is over I was thrilled to have participate in it.

What I am truly disapointed is the flurry of comments that dwell sorely in the negative and without a trace of gratefulness for all the free fun to be had on Neopets.

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, xxxholic, Full Metal Alchemist, Fruit Baskets, Ergo Proxy, now what is next ? hints wanted from knowledgeable anime fan.

Post subject: Re: The Return of Dr. Sloth [Split 11]
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:40 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Don't get me wrong, I think they've done a fabulous job with the plot in all those areas. However, this would be a very bad ending for an otherwise wonderful plot.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:04 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

The end of this reminds me of the end of the last plot, the Mysterious Isle, which many were sure would be continued.

Post subject: Re: The Return of Dr. Sloth [Split 11] Disappointement?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:14 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

master_cat wrote:
What I am truly disapointed is the flurry of comments that dwell sorely in the negative and without a trace of gratefulness for all the free fun to be had on Neopets.

I don't think anyone was trying to diss on TNT, but the way I look at is, is that if many young people (and older) are starting to pay for some of the services on Neopets (like premium, lutari island and the NC Mall), the LEAST TNT could do, is work a little bit better on their plots.

I mean, I'm sure this isn't the end of the plot, but if it is, I'm happy that I was able to join it and enjoy it when I was able to, before it ended (I just started it a couple days ago).

«Don't play with fire, play with Rachel.»

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:19 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

-.-

I can only hope that sloth made them 'think' he was destroyed and has went back to the lost isle to get his horde of gigantic petpetpets. Maybe that is sloths home base. But seriously this plot makes lil since to me right now.

So for some reason sloth was randomly taking over the VPS (lazy typer). Sloth randomly wanted prisoners for no apparent reason? He took over an entire moon to what exactly? He was doing what with the Spacefaires charm? That darn parlax is what good bad? Some random dude just lets Carla and Gorix go? And still there is 'the resistance' which has played a very little part in anything.

*la sigh* What did they decide to do the exact plot from back in the day? forget rewriting anything to make it more up to date and clear things up. Nope lets make this plot look like swiss cheese! Oh and dont forget to introduce Characters from past plots in some way but not really go into anything with them.

-.- bleh

ImageImageImageImage
Click the eggs above to view all my dragons & help them grow by clicking them.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:22 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I'll try to break this down and answer your questions.
Rubywinged wrote:
So for some reason sloth was randomly taking over the VPS (lazy typer).

It was originally his base, and he wanted it back. Also, a space station could offer substantial strategic advantages.
Quote:
Sloth randomly wanted prisoners for no apparent reason?

Cannon fodder. He planned to mutate them and force them to serve as shock troops.
Quote:
He took over an entire moon to what exactly?

He needed a supply of Kreludite for his mutation process. It's only available on Kreludor, so he needed the moon. His stockpiles were sufficient for the moment, but he might need more in the future. Besides, he's a megalomaniacal villain. Trying to conquer stuff is what he does. :p
Quote:
He was doing what with the Spacefaires charm?

The Space Faerie lost the charm last time she battled Sloth. He kept it and was trying to learn how to use it.
Quote:
That darn parlax is what good bad?

He could just be a traitor, he could have been brainwashed, or there might be some other reason for his actions. His motivations haven't been made entirely clear. Bet he's not dead, though.
Quote:
Some random dude just lets Carla and Gorix go?

The kougra in question was one of Sloth's lieutenants, and had just endured verbal abuse and humiliation from his boss--who was doing something frivolous while his troops were in battle. He was angry enough that he didn't care if Cylara and Gorix took Sloth down, so he let them pass.
Quote:
And still there is 'the resistance' which has played a very little part in anything.

The Resistance has been fighting to secure the station against a large number of well-armed troops. Also, Gorix has been acting as their agent, and has played a crucial role.
Quote:
*la sigh* What did they decide to do the exact plot from back in the day? forget rewriting anything to make it more up to date and clear things up. Nope lets make this plot look like swiss cheese!

I suspect that there's more to come. Hopefully, they will fill in some of the holes.
Quote:
Oh and dont forget to introduce Characters from past plots in some way but not really go into anything with them.

Werther was introduced to show the link between the current story and the events in the Lost Isle plot. The high-tech tower on the island was one of Sloth's secret experimental laboratories, and the giant petpetpets were produced by his experiments with his new mutation process.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:54 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Alright firstly... grade A comic. The art was beautiful, the story interesting and the humour sharp.

To my mind there was a good mixture of puzzles and fighting and the puzzles were beautifully tricky and the multi-player part was definitely interesting. (Although it might have been a TAD to obscure during the testing phase seeing as I'm still not entirely sure how one is supposed to find the specific numbers required (I like patterns), I will have to take some time to look into this.)

I have to however agree with those who mentioned previously... I'm not entirely sure how -I- fit into the whole thing. I mean nothing says it shouldn't be more than a story with some related puzzles but a kind of standard has been set and we do to some degree expect to be part of it all... are we playing Cylara then? A bit confused on that part, ne.

As for comic 13, I really hope that isn't the end. A) because it's just too... neat and as Goryx(?) said, too easy and B) well because I'm enjoying it and don't want to stop now.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:09 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Dr. Sloth is defeated, but I don't think he's dead. He'll probably come back, sooner or later. Besides, we don't know what happend to the Space Faerie's token. Did Cylara pick it up, or did she leave it on the exploding ship?

Valrigard the Draik
Neopets username: lord_valrigard

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:45 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Valrigard wrote:
Dr. Sloth is defeated, but I don't think he's dead. He'll probably come back, sooner or later. Besides, we don't know what happend to the Space Faerie's token. Did Cylara pick it up, or did she leave it on the exploding ship?

I'm thinking the same thing. I hope he comes back but the Space Faerie's Token looks like it will remain a mystery until a next chapter (if they make one) or a next Sloth Plot (already hoping :D .)

I think TNT did a brilliant job on the plot. The comics were fantastic and I really enjoyed the puzzles. Of course I think it could have been better but for now, it's all good.

Set by Byakuya'<3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:34 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I thought this was the tightest and most complex plot they have done thus far. AMAZING work!!!! And without the help of this forum and others like it, where would 99% of us be? Still deciphering codes I bet, complaining about THAT. :P

I had so much fun doing the group testing that I VERY sorely miss it. I wish that had been allotted more time, as I only had access to a dialup connection for all but Monday... but there is nothing that compares to Neopets plots anywhere online, and I can only be grateful for what I do have time for. :)

Thank you PPT, and TNT!!!!

Meechity

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:23 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Meech wrote:
I had so much fun doing the group testing that I VERY sorely miss it. I wish that had been allotted more time, as I only had access to a dialup connection for all but Monday... but there is nothing that compares to Neopets plots anywhere online, and I can only be grateful for what I do have time for. :)

I, too, will really miss the testing. We had a pretty good group going for a couple of nights - all PPTer's except my husband (who's a PPTer at heart). We had a great time, sitting there in an AIM chat and cheering each other on and discussing random things while we waited for our timers go to out. I think the most awesome moment was the first time we made it straight through the rod step with absolutely no hiccups!

But I definitely agree - there is NOTHING else on the net that I've found that can even remotely compare to a Neopets plot. I love the interaction, the challenges, the "OMG what's going on let's figure it out!" that comes with each step, the battling, well...all of it. And the amount of sneaky references and funny comments they make in the comics, and even in the steps (Star Wars, Star Trek, and atomic wedgies, anyone?) are awesome.

However, Pink summed it up best:
pinkflamingonewsgirl wrote:
However, this would be a very bad ending for an otherwise wonderful plot.

The more I think about it, though, the more I doubt this is the end. After all, we still have the battle to resolve - and the Ylana/Scout thing, etc. And whatever Sloth has done with the Kreludite. I can see TNT ending the plot soon, but at the same time, this could easily be a mid-point of the plot if they decided to make it super-long. (Yeah, that's probably wishful thinking, but I can, right?)
We *didn't* see what happened to Parlax, or the token - perhaps he took it and snuck off and will free Sloth. If that's the case, Sloth would then be able to do whatever he planned to do with the Kreludite - and we might have to find a way to undo that. There is *so* much more that could still happen, that I haven't completely given up hope yet.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:47 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

The problem is, no matter what TNT does someone will say "It should have gone like this..."

You can't please everyone. Just look at the Neoboards. :P

That said, I was dreaming that Cylara and Gorix would volunteer to help clean up the messes made by Sloth and we would get to go into the mines on Kreludor or follow the crew back to the Lost Island to research that temple-spaceship thing. Yeah, I know. Really likely. :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:00 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

schlough wrote:
The problem is, no matter what TNT does someone will say "It should have gone like this..."

You can't please everyone. Just look at the Neoboards. :P

That said, I was dreaming that Cylara and Gorix would volunteer to help clean up the messes made by Sloth and we would get to go into the mines on Kreludor or follow the crew back to the Lost Island to research that temple-spaceship thing. Yeah, I know. Really likely. :oops:

{shudders} neoboards. {shudders again}

True, they won't be able to please everyone.

Speculating though, is quite fun. Especially at this point.

That must've been some cool dream. :D

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:08 pm 

What is it with villian ego's? "How dare you interrupt my 'Resistance is Futile' speech" :evil: Also, where did Parlax go, and where is the token now? o_O

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:22 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

kdg5678 wrote:
Also, where did Parlax go,
Stowed away on G&C's ship, of course.
Quote:
and where is the token now?
Well, Cylara carelessly placed it somewhere on the ship, but NOW -- see above...

(That's how I would write it, anyway)

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next