Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 5:23 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: ;__;
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:35 pm 

the_queen wrote:
It doesnt appear in the drop down list anymore :P

If it doesn't appear in the drop down list sometimes you are stuck in a fight- I've had to refresh a couple of times on the status page to get out of the white screen of death errors that left my pets stuck in battle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:15 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

apranum wrote:

http://www.neopets.com/battledome/fight ... me=petname

see the link after fightid ? it's always resetted after the "maintanance" so it will be starting from 0 or 1 again, it basically "clear" up somethings...

one of the purpose keeping the fight id is to monitor the "language" using in bd, but I think that won't be as bad as in neoboards, have you ever heard people getting frozen because using bad language in bd? The possibility of happening is low I think (it's still possible).

Ah, I see. Well, if it cleans up cached fights then it makes sense to do it more often when more fighting goes on, but whether it has any influence on slowdowns caused by sheer serverload due to the amound of fights going on simultaniously is still doubtful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:57 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Raza wrote:
apranum wrote:

http://www.neopets.com/battledome/fight ... me=petname

see the link after fightid ? it's always resetted after the "maintanance" so it will be starting from 0 or 1 again, it basically "clear" up somethings...

one of the purpose keeping the fight id is to monitor the "language" using in bd, but I think that won't be as bad as in neoboards, have you ever heard people getting frozen because using bad language in bd? The possibility of happening is low I think (it's still possible).

Ah, I see. Well, if it cleans up cached fights then it makes sense to do it more often when more fighting goes on, but whether it has any influence on slowdowns caused by sheer serverload due to the amound of fights going on simultaniously is still doubtful.

well it might not be that helpful, but the analogy is like this, how fast when your computer has 5gig space free, compared to when it has only 100 meg space free. and another thing to compare is, how long it take to look for the slumber bone when there are 1000 graves, compared when the graves are only 100.

again, I might be wrong

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:37 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Gah! Stupid trees have stopped giving me points for beating them! i'm stuck on 18 victories over the hardest one.
Anyone else having this problem??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:43 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

i've beaten all three stones and all three trees now...

my question is, do i have to beat these trees more than once each? with dial up i'm not sure it's even possibly, i was at my mom's today and was able to use her cable connection to beat the trees

I'm married!!! June 2, 2007! AND!!! We're having a baby! Due April 19, 2008!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:47 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

amandajolong wrote:
i've beaten all three stones and all three trees now...

my question is, do i have to beat these trees more than once each? with dial up i'm not sure it's even possibly, i was at my mom's today and was able to use her cable connection to beat the trees

You don't HAVE to do anything, but if you want lots of points, win lots of battles. That's the way wars/battling portions always go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:47 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

If we only beat one stone and don't beat any of the trees - how bad will this affect my score? I do not have the patience or the brain power right now to defeat anything or deal with the 'cannot find server' page over and over again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:51 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

We really don't know yet if they'll count quality over quantity. Meaning how many battles you've won verses the toughest opponent you were able to beat. Then again, they might have yet another method of counting this portion of the plot. Somehow I don't think it will be quantity seeing that there's so much lag. (At least I hope it's not quantity) They might just award points just by doing the battling portion of the plot.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:59 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

mercurius wrote:
We really don't know yet if they'll count quality over quantity. Meaning how many battles you've won verses the toughest opponent you were able to beat. Then again, they might have yet another method of counting this portion of the plot. Somehow I don't think it will be quantity seeing that there's so much lag. (At least I hope it's not quantity) They might just award points just by doing the battling portion of the plot.

They set each enemy to a certain amount of points, multiply that by how many you defeat to get your score. I've seen people with 200 kills on most of the enemies and they're definately banking on that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:05 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

mogster500 wrote:
mercurius wrote:

They set each enemy to a certain amount of points, multiply that by how many you defeat to get your score. I've seen people with 200 kills on most of the enemies and they're definately banking on that.

That's how it worked in the past - but are we sure they are going to do it the same for this plot?

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:11 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I know that it would't be fair for many people that couldn't do much since there's so many problems... but it wouldn't be fair for the people that sat in the battledome for hours not get much either.

As long as they find a medium, I'll be happy. Just don't take a month or longer to tally the scores TNT. ;) They should've made up a system by now to tally while the plot is going on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:55 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I have fought the Savage Sycamore 46 times and the trees HP's (297) have now just risen above my pets (296).

The fights should now get interesting. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:58 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Grr... things were going fine in the BD, and then the dreaded white pages started up again... got five of them in one fight (which should have been a one or possibly two-hit kill). And they did that thing where even though your moves don't count, the opponent damages you, so the tree got to hit me around five times and I ended up with a draw against an opponent I could have easily killed. That really annoys me. Oh well... at least it wasn't a loss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:58 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I wish I could get up as high as you, Daze. My main battle pet has nearly 200HP, but I keep losing due to the white screen of death. I should just stop refreshing that page and withdraw, I know, but still! I only seem to get it when I battle the Savage Sycamores, and nothing else. No white screens of death for the other trees.

Please help my dragons grow and give a click!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:13 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I have found that if I drop down the menu on my back button and pick a previous battledome page, that it saves me from being stuck in a battle or from the effects of the blank or won't load page. I may have to fight the round again, but it seems smoother than starting from the beginning again. Sometimes I have to choose items, for example, many times before it takes and the round is fought. I am happier with this way than I was yesterday when I would go back to the first battledome page when the blank or won't load screens came up.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next