Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 8:09 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:19 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

theonlysaneone wrote:
anjuna wrote:
I hate to be the one to even suggest this. Since it is a borderline tactic. Has anyone thought to make a Wizard and just watching it UNTIL they go to sleep (not leave it on while sleeping)? This is what I did for the Altador Water Plant. Set something on automatic but watched it AND varied it manually in real time. So if someone were to open a few separate instances of a browser like Avant or Orca .. and set a few sequences up to watch (make sure not to create more than you can monitor) .. that might exhaust possibilities faster? But again I admonish against using less than 1g of anything. I think this is a minimum standard variable for a reason.

I think it would be better if someone built the kind of script they used to find the right spell during Altador, so that it would go through combinations, recording what it uses and then, if it returns something OTHER than Miscellaneous Composite, sound an alarm and say what made it. It IS a borderline tactic, maybe even past borderline, but at this point I'm not usre what else to do, besides haphazardly testing hundreds of thousands of combinations with no systematic way of doing it.

Word. I've been testing for 12+ hours, and I'm exhausted. I want to help or at least try to help, but I'm tired and frustrated. Even if I stumbled on the other potion (the one I don't need), at least I would feel like I've accomplished something. All I've accomplished so far is a sore bum.

EDIT: Not something I would do, since I think I'd feel better if I found it myself, as opposed to a script. That, and I'm not computer savvy at all, if I tried I'd probably blow up my computer

Last edited by laurenb on Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:20 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

If you're talking about creating something that automatically does the work for you while you sit around and watch, then yes, that is way past borderline and into freezing territory, and I'd be really careful even talking about it here, because at least one of the programmers reads this forum. Just a heads up.

We'll get some kind of clue if we don't solve it fairly soon. It would be nice to solve it before a clue becomes necessary, of course. Still trying...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:28 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

For fun, I decided to caculate how many possible criteria there are, assuming that two properties are relevant:

2 or 3 or 4 ingredients * all their proportions over 10 grams * 4 first properties * whatever the plusminus range is divided by possible range * 3 second properties * same plusminus range thing =

(2C10*2C12 + 3C10*3C13 + 4C10*4C14) combinations of ingredients and their proportions over 10 grams * 4 properties * 24 ranges of 50 points each between positive and negative six hundred * 3 * 24 / arbitrary factor of 100 for possibly-looser constrictions =

= 17107200 possibilities

With 200 people working at one per 90 seconds -> 89.1 days. Ugggh. *adds another zero to both the arbitrary factor and the number of people for morale's sake* 21 hours. Much better. :p

~Habitual over-analyzer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:29 am 
PPT God
PPT God

theonlysaneone wrote:
anjuna wrote:
I hate to be the one to even suggest this. Since it is a borderline tactic. Has anyone thought to make a Wizard and just watching it UNTIL they go to sleep (not leave it on while sleeping)? This is what I did for the Altador Water Plant. Set something on automatic but watched it AND varied it manually in real time. So if someone were to open a few separate instances of a browser like Avant or Orca .. and set a few sequences up to watch (make sure not to create more than you can monitor) .. that might exhaust possibilities faster? But again I admonish against using less than 1g of anything. I think this is a minimum standard variable for a reason.

I think it would be better if someone built the kind of script they used to find the right spell during Altador, so that it would go through combinations, recording what it uses and then, if it returns something OTHER than Miscellaneous Composite, sound an alarm and say what made it. It IS a borderline tactic, maybe even past borderline, but at this point I'm not usre what else to do, besides haphazardly testing hundreds of thousands of combinations with no systematic way of doing it.

EDIT: I'm having second thoughts about suggesting this though. It leaves a lot of room for abuse or freezing.

I think as long as we are still within the rules and not breaking any, it can't be refuted. But I agree about the fear. I think it is just that. So long as it is NOT a script (which even appears acceptable and perhaps TNT expects such clever acts from us, if they aren't malicious) it is still a lot of work!

Using a browser and redundent links, while manually watching a few instances at a time, noticing, remembering, changing things up, and taking notes, indicates it is not something akin to, say, an Auto-Buyer. In this instance, perhaps only (especially hard plot turns that TNT almost expects us to solve on a schedule with someone using borderline tactics) I think so long as one is sitting and monitoring in real time all that one can maximally (as in there not being one thing forgotten .. I would imagine in an intelligent thread like this, 10 pages/tabs max and 2-3 browser instances max but that is me imagining my own in/capabilities) would be ok (again so long as NOTHING goes UNmonitored for any length of time).

EDIT: If that is freezeable, God strike me down now? :oops: Oh, I forgot, God only freezes on weekdays, lol. :P Seriously, I would not advise anyone risking their account. But I am saying I do not think it is a feezeable offense if you are able to monitor it all in real time.

It is not like anyone is hacking any code, or even decrypting a Flash file. We are simply exhausting possibilities faster. I bet someone is already doing it and just not posting, since they are monitoring, lol.

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:12 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

What's kinda sad is my first thought after that was "What if my cat actually sits on my keyboard?" (not that I have a cat - I don't I have a dog). Anyway, I don't really think that talking about it should be freezable though since I believe that there is a difference in between talking about something and actually doing something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:13 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Am I the only still testing, tonight? :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:15 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

cookiemunster wrote:
Am I the only still testing, tonight? :(

You may be, hun. After 4 hours of testing after work (and about 4 hours before work), I've given up for the night. If it's not solved tonight, I'll be back at it tomorrow (or later today as my clock says)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:21 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Nevermind... I was going to quote that editorial that says letting anything play the site for you is considered a "bot" and will get you frozen, but there's no need, as I've been told that your suggestion wouldn't work anyway. Well, it would work if you did it in multiple accounts (four ingredients per account), but that would certainly get you frozen because doing a plot on multiple accounts is against the rules. If you tried it in a single account, it wouldn't work because each account can only use four ingredients at a time... when you opened a new tab, the ingredients you were working on in the first tab would be in there.

Quote:
From dolphinling:

When you do something, you send it to the server and it figures out what you have currently. Then it sends that back. It doesn't care what tab you're in, just what you actually have, and it'll send that to any tab that asks.

So we can probably just drop it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:25 am 
PPT God
PPT God

As far as I am concerned, if Platinum Mist is not found by tomorrow when I wake, *I* will choose a logic angle and create a wizard and monitor and change it in real time. I really do not think this is against the rules, it is just 1 hairs length away from possible human error. If one makes sure to not make a mistake, or not allow one, I feel safe. I believe someone is already or should be doing this, and if it has to be me tomorrow, so be it.

EDIT: Dropped, if so. Thanks Cranberry and Dolphinling. I certainly don't mind, and actually enjoy, the hard process. But the time and effort involved discourages me, as so many work on it for so many days. :(

And, to clarify, I would NEVER suggest doing a plot on anything other than a main account. I was merely suggesting opening several instances of a browser. If it is not possible, fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:47 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Right now I am trying a systematic approach. I am hoping that like some of the others, the correct name will appear even before the target number of grams is the same. Right now I am trying sets of 1 g of 3 ingredients, working my way through the various combinations of treatments for each.

I have started with 1 g madvine, burned and crushed, 1 g bagguss pulp, soaked and crushed, and tried every variation of 1 g bumroot (there are 14 different combinations for each ingredient.)

Now I have moved onto 1 g madvine burned and crushed, 1 g bagguss pulp burned and crushed (instead of the previous soaked and crushed) and am continuing on with the 1 g bumroot, with it's 14 variations, again.

I am hoping to completely finish the madvine burned and crushed with all of the different variations of 1 g baguss with all 14 variations of bumroot. Not all tonight though! LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:26 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Based on a hunch from Hydruxo's page about there needing to be only 1g of something to influence a final composite that has 2 positive and 2 negative qualities, I compared the maxed out results of each ingredient and find the only ones that do that are Sharpgrass, Madvine Root, Nova Essence, and Bloodfern Loam.

Jurpleberries only raise one quality depending on how processed, and things like Sansam, Baggus Pulp, Bumroot and Leafy Slorgblossom only raise all stats in various proportions. Even our beloved Wool raises 3 out of four stats no matter what action is taken on it.

If we are looking for contrast, we might want to stick with the above four ingredients. That is, if anyone believes the theory that no matter what the time processed, it might only take one gram of some thing(s) processed a certain way to elicit an, again, assumed final outcome with 2 positive and 2 negative values. If I cared to do more maths now I would, but I am heading to sleep as that is my last best idea for the night.

EDIT: In fact, the max effects on Sharpgrass, Madvine Root, Nova Essence, and Bloodfern Loam, no matter what taken, are all divisible by 3 and quite proportionally so. Hmmmm....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:29 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Has anyone gotten a composite which was brown with a pale green glow? Or there for any color with a different colored glow?

Thank you. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:54 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

[quote="anjuna"]If we are looking for contrast, we might want to stick with the above four ingredients. That is, if anyone believes the theory that no matter what the time processed, it might only take one gram of some thing(s) processed a certain way to elicit an, again, assumed final outcome with 2 positive and 2 negative values. quote]

If you want to get stuff to 2 positive/negative values we can also include ingredients that can have multiple actions done on them to include that...

Babaa Wool is an example. Any two actions performed on that will make it 2 positive/2negative :P

Anyway, im beginning to think that the number of positive/negative values isn't going to be applied to the other two :x I'm almost through some of the other ingredients and it isn't going anywhere.

Im going back to play around Plasma Ice to see if any other 'rules' can be found....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:14 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Morning! I'm back and...well, not eager but reluctantly willing to do more testing. Man, I was really hoping mine would've been found last night...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:57 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Could someone please explain the 2-step process Heratro (http://petpages.neopets.com/~heratro) is referring to so I can help find the properties of the handful still available?

EDIT: Nevermind. Found it on Beliiaa's page. :oops: And Eilianu claims all the 2-steps are done anyway, so I guess I'll move on to 3-steps.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next