Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 8:44 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:23 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I dunno what everyone else is doing, but I tried a few combos of Sharpgrass, Bloodfern Loam, and Nova Esscence by crushing, burning, soaking, and drying, but nothing worked. (This is for Plat. Mist)

Set made by Moogie. Thanks for the wonderful work :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:50 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I did some "experiments" earlier today and noticed that, while anti-galactic goop and ice plasma can be made using only 1g of an ingredient, spectral essence cannot, requiring a 4:1 ratio (it can't be made with less than 4g of Bloodfern Loam. What if Psionic/Platinum have a 2:1:1 or 2:2:1 ratio of ingredients?

I also noticed that ingredients can be split as low as .01g, provided that you start with more than 1g of the ingredient.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:04 am 
PPT God
PPT God

bethi wrote:
I also noticed that ingredients can be split as low as .01g, provided that you start with more than 1g of the ingredient.

How'd you get that to work? When I tried to split by .01, 1/2, and .5, it just split it into 1 and 1.

<3 Laq

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:06 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

you actually have to start with more than 2g i found.

ImageImage
I LIKE MONKEYS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:13 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I have started with multiple amounts and not been able to go lower than 1 gram. This may have been a glitch, but I would not consider it relevant for the plot.

-If you are flammable and have legs, you are never BLOCKING a fire exit.
Mitch Hedburg
-WIS<3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:20 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

sigh_driven wrote:
I have started with multiple amounts and not been able to go lower than 1 gram.....

I can split, say, 10 grams into 1.5 and 8.5, and then the 1.5 into 0.5 and 1.

~Habitual over-analyzer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:26 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I started with 3g, I think, then split into 1.5 and 1.5 just to see if it could be done, then split off .5 from one, then split .1 and .01 from the other. It wouldn't let me go smaller than .01, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:34 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I've tried two with no result.

2 sharp, 2 sasam, 2 jupp, 2 nova, 2 root. Burned and Soaked.

also, ingredients for ice, but S and D, also does nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:51 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I admit I am not doing any testing now. Just resting, heh. I did too much in all futility before the bulk was solved 'so easily' by others. But so long as there is a task force, I thought to submit an opinion, if you'll allow me.

I don't think it is worthwhile to work in parts less than 1g, even if you can. I believe the 'coding' is variable but not that 'precise' if that makes sense. I think TNT only allows working with -- what they assumed we would use is whole integers from 1-10 -- a max of 10 for a reason even if some final Composites are 20g or more. In fact, unless I am so tired and reading you all wrong, how are you getting partial grams? When I Split 3 grams I get 1 and 2. Are you multplying by a fraction? Dividing by a decimal? o_O

EDIT: I re-read bethi. Amazing, you guys. :) And yes I am too tired for this. But I still think the rest of what I opinioned above. Good luck anyway!

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

Last edited by anjuna on Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:55 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I don't think it makes a difference either.. Take five grams for instance; in the split box put in 2.5; and it splits into 2.5 and 2.5 grams.

Thank you. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:55 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Just so you guys know, we have tried all possible 3 ingredient combinations involving NE and varied them also test for the number of positive/negative value variable. This was also done for MR but nothing was found :cry:

I'll continue with the Bronze Samsan since that hasn't been used yet in any composite... but its beginning to look like each composite has it's own specific rules to satisfy (and so you don't need logic, only luck to find it)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:58 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Has anyone figured out the exact criteria for ice? Like which properties matter, or the proportion limits? (We already know the ingredients, of course.)

~Habitual over-analyzer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:01 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I hate to be the one to even suggest this. Since it is a borderline tactic. Has anyone thought to make a Wizard and just watching it UNTIL they go to sleep (not leave it on while sleeping)? This is what I did for the Altador Water Plant. Set something on automatic but watched it AND varied it manually in real time. So if someone were to open a few separate instances of a browser like Avant or Orca .. and set a few sequences up to watch (make sure not to create more than you can monitor) .. that might exhaust possibilities faster? But again I admonish against using less than 1g of anything. I think this is a minimum standard variable for a reason.

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:08 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

AySz88 wrote:
Has anyone figured out the exact criteria for ice? Like which properties matter, or the proportion limits? (We already know the ingredients, of course.)

My petpage o.o linked from the first post...

I won't say it's the EXACT criteria but so far everything fits :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:09 am 

anjuna wrote:
I hate to be the one to even suggest this. Since it is a borderline tactic. Has anyone thought to make a Wizard and just watching it UNTIL they go to sleep (not leave it on while sleeping)? This is what I did for the Altador Water Plant. Set something on automatic but watched it AND varied it manually in real time. So if someone were to open a few separate instances of a browser like Avant or Orca .. and set a few sequences up to watch (make sure not to create more than you can monitor) .. that might exhaust possibilities faster? But again I admonish against using less than 1g of anything. I think this is a minimum standard variable for a reason.

I think it would be better if someone built the kind of script they used to find the right spell during Altador, so that it would go through combinations, recording what it uses and then, if it returns something OTHER than Miscellaneous Composite, sound an alarm and say what made it. It IS a borderline tactic, maybe even past borderline, but at this point I'm not usre what else to do, besides haphazardly testing hundreds of thousands of combinations with no systematic way of doing it.

EDIT: I'm having second thoughts about suggesting this though. It leaves a lot of room for abuse or freezing.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next