Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Jul 05, 2024 3:00 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:52 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

theonlysaneone wrote:
AySz88 wrote:
laurenb wrote:
Rakumel wrote:
I'm getting more things added to Sophie's quote, but I haven't played any games. I have, however, already made my second composite.

Basically all I did was just get a couple of ingredients out, but didn't do anything with them. It was then I noticed the new words. I'm not sure if it's been doing that all along and I just didn't notice, or if I actually triggered something. (Er, all of us, apparently.)

Maybe we're taking too long and TNT gave us some extra hints along with the news update? XD

Maybe they realised that there are millions of combinations, and well, most people aren't that patient. I wonder if we'll get more hints...

There's still somewhere between 20000 and 30000 combinations though... :( (25 ways to split the 25 grams * 4 properties * up to 200 or 300 points)

[EDIT] Waiiit a minute - maybe it must be power because it's giving off that ghosty color?

Wait, power is the only property to cause that?

At least according to one of the posts above yours - http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 410#657410

~Habitual over-analyzer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:53 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

theonlysaneone wrote:
AySz88 wrote:
laurenb wrote:
Rakumel wrote:
I'm getting more things added to Sophie's quote, but I haven't played any games. I have, however, already made my second composite.

Basically all I did was just get a couple of ingredients out, but didn't do anything with them. It was then I noticed the new words. I'm not sure if it's been doing that all along and I just didn't notice, or if I actually triggered something. (Er, all of us, apparently.)

Maybe we're taking too long and TNT gave us some extra hints along with the news update? XD

Maybe they realised that there are millions of combinations, and well, most people aren't that patient. I wonder if we'll get more hints...

There's still somewhere between 20000 and 30000 combinations though... :( (25 ways to split the 25 grams * 4 properties * up to 200 or 300 points)

[EDIT] Waiiit a minute - maybe it must be power because it's giving off that ghosty color?

Yes

Do you miss Bill? I miss Bill. Go to this thread to petition Bill Back!

Post subject:
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Rakumel wrote:

Yes to the first, but I'm pretty sure the words were changed long after the news came out... news has been out for ages now. We're taking too long; TNT seems to be trying to move this plot along on a schedule and as far as I know, no one anywhere has solved this yet. So we get hints. Works for me! :)

Post subject:
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

theonlysaneone wrote:
AySz88 wrote:
laurenb wrote:
Rakumel wrote:

It has to have a high power number to get the ghosty colour - higher than the rest of them. If it's close to another, that's when you get teh red-ghosty, blue-ghosty and yellow ghosty colours.

Post subject:
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

psyco_chick32 wrote:
Ok, I'm trying 10g of Leafy Slorgblossom and 15 (quantities of 10 and 5) of Bloodfern Loam.
I'm going to max everything out and see what I get.

(Just in case somebody else wants to try something different)

I'm doing that, too. And in case it matters what order we perform the actions in, I'm going Dessicate->Burn->Crush->Soak.

Yes, I'm still alive...still alive...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:54 am 

Here are some things that will help you guys out:

For bloodfern loam, burning it to the max causes +60 Conjuring, and -30 to everything else.

I *think* that no matter what you do to Leafy Slorgblossom, if you do it to the max, you get a certain amount of Divination, half as much Power and Enchantment, and 1/4 as much Conjuring.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:57 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I'm crushing the Loam and Dessicating the slorgblossom (10 of each). Then Soak 5 of loam and see where that gets me. Oh, and maxing them all out.

ETA: No good.

Last edited by laurenb on Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:58 am 
PPT God
PPT God

neopets doesn't give very good hints. :P
btw, DiscordantNote, i LOVE Katamari Damacy ;)

-If you are flammable and have legs, you are never BLOCKING a fire exit.
Mitch Hedburg
-WIS<3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:00 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

If it's power, only 5000 more combinations to go...at worst. Hmm.

If it turns out the proportions of the ingredients don't matter, then the number of possibilities might only be in the hundreds.

If there's a range of acceptable values too, maybe there's as few as 50 possibilities.

~Habitual over-analyzer

Last edited by AySz88 on Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:01 am 

mercurius wrote:
this is just a theory. . .but maybe to get the spectral essence you have to do everything to it's fullest extant. Like, soak it till you can't soak no more and burn it till it can't burn any more.

Done it...not working... :roll:

I am calling it a night...been since 1pm EST at this...hopefully someone will sort it out by the time I come back or this will be one LONG weekend :>

The best thing about teamwork is that you always have someone else to blame...

Last edited by ravenangelpr on Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:02 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

sigh_driven wrote:
btw, DiscordantNote, i LOVE Katamari Damacy ;)

Oh yes, we <3 Katamari.

Wouldn't it make sense that the attribute we're working for has some relevancy to the name of the composition? For example, Enchantment sounds like a good bet to me. but then again...all of them could be...

Yes, I'm still alive...still alive...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:04 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I only just noticed this activity, how blind am I lol?

Anyway, for the second compound in task 2 - am I trying to get a weighted average or a normal average of the property?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:06 am 

All right... for the bloodfern, DON'T burn it or dessicate it if you're trying to get power. All that does is increase Conjuring and decrease Power.

No matter what you do to Slorgblossom, the ratio between the properties will be the same.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:06 am 
PPT God
PPT God

btw about the colors... please, please, hold your applause...
go here :D
http://www.neopets.com/~Elhaz_Thorn

-If you are flammable and have legs, you are never BLOCKING a fire exit.
Mitch Hedburg
-WIS<3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:10 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

sigh_driven wrote:
btw about the colors... please, please, hold your applause...
go here :D
http://www.neopets.com/~Elhaz_Thorn

Very nice!
*applauds anyway*

Kyuubi made me this totally awesome set!!
I <3 Kyuubi!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next