Whether it be a puzzle or a war, this is the place to be for all your plot related needs.
Topic locked

What if there were NO prizes?

Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:27 pm

Would you still do the plot?

-D'nah

Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:37 pm

Wow. That's tough.

But I'm going to say yes, because I enjoyed parts of the plot (gravedigging was the BEST and I'd be satisfied even if I didn't even find a doughnut). There are things to look forward to :)

Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:44 pm

As long as there was a trophy, yes. A more pertinent question might be what if it never closes like the Altador Plot? If that was the case, it'd probably take me 6 months to complete like NQ2.

Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:01 pm

Up until today I would have said: Yes! This plot is so much fun I'd do it even if there were no prizes at all! ^_^

Today, with this crazy composite mixing smurf, no. >.> I'm close to giving up, but I'm still trudging along.

Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:05 pm

I probably would, because I'm insane like that. But I want prizes all the same :P especially after today, a halloween p/b wouldn't be enough.

Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:34 pm

Having at least a trophy would be nice! I'm not as concerned about prizes anymore. That, of course, doesn't mean that I won't gladly accept them :D

Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:23 pm

I'm in it mostly for large, shiney trophies. Actual prizes are just icing on the cake.

Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:32 pm

I've enjoyed myself... a lot. Plus I get bragging rights. :lol:

Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:01 am

Don't let TNT see this page. It might just happen.

But anyways, I wouldn't mind those weird junk items that you get... like the crystal balls and stuff.

Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:20 am

jcsw wrote:Don't let TNT see this page. It might just happen.

But anyways, I wouldn't mind those weird junk items that you get... like the crystal balls and stuff.

If anything with the word "composite" is a prize, I may just snap. :P

Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:23 am

Hehehe, I think it'd be cool if we got stuff like the Madvine Root and Bone Testing Potion as prizes. XD I just thought those two things looked particularly cool.

Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:14 am

Hey, I absolutely insist on receiving that free t-shirt or other worthless item, just like I have in all the other plots that I've done. :D

Huggles wrote:As long as there was a trophy, yes. A more pertinent question might be what if it never closes like the Altador Plot? If that was the case, it'd probably take me 6 months to complete like NQ2.

The biggest problem if there were no prizes is that there wouldn't be so many players actively participating, so it would have more the feel of NQ2. In spite of the fact that you can actually receive some great prizes from the game, the drudgery can become brutal. Getting through insane level had less to do with the prize that I could get at the end than refusal to be beat by boredom. (Although I do admit that by the end, I really felt that I'd earned that Wand of Reality...)

Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:38 am

Hmm...
I'll still do the plot if I can get a trophy.
But if I don't even get a trophy...NO! :D

Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:43 am

I'm greedy, I don't think I would have slogged though all those potions without hope of a prize.

Then again I played both NQ and NQII (before prizes), on normal. I wouldn't have done NQII on Insane without prizes 'though, even though mine did end up sucking.

Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:22 am

If I see anything with the word composite OR potion as a prize I WILl go nuts.

and if there was no reward I think I'd have given up.. we've done far to much for there not to be something decent.
Topic locked