Whether it be a puzzle or a war, this is the place to be for all your plot related needs.
Topic locked

HW Plot Part: Sophie's lab (Split #3)

Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:30 am

Walkthrough : http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29932

Preivous thread: http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30284

TELL EVERYONE! We've got the Spectral Essence!

* 20g of CRUSHED and SOAKED -- BLOODFERN LOAM
* 5g of SOAKED, CRUSHED, DESSICATED -- LEAFY SLORGBLOSSOM

Do each of the actions to the max (Until you get the message that it can't be ____'d anymore) When you make the final composite, it should say "Spectral Essence" not a "Miscellaneous Composition".

CONFIRMED!
Last edited by ScottNak on Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:31 am

Oh, yay! Somone smarter and/or luckier than me got it right. I looked over my "notes" today and they appear to be some form of alien chicken scratches. I think I'm just going to wait on any more potion making and continue poking things with sharp pointy sticks in the bd and head to bed. At least any mistakes I make in the BD, like visting the wheel of mediocrity just now and losing hp from being bombarded by fireballs, won't cost me so much time.

Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:33 am

In the last thread, someone asked if you'd have to throw everything in your cauldron to find out if you'd gotten everything right.

You do not have to throw everything into your cauldron to see if you've gotten everything right!

You will be told that one of your composites is your Spectral Essence once you mix it properly, and it will definately be noticable. Instead of glowing, it'll look like it's got a stream of smoke (or "essence?") coming off of it.

Edit: In case you missed it, here's a picture of it again:

Last edited by Officer 1BDI on Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:36 am

how did the spectral essence found again ?

Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:37 am

WHAT?! AAAAAAAARRGH@&*($@$!

I made the Spectral Essence all right, and threw it in the cauldron with the other combination that I could, have, SWORN fell within the parameters I was given - I mean, triple-checked with a calculator and everything. But apparently *something* was off, because I just got black goo. :x

Well, there's a few hours of my life I'll never get back. Guess I'd better go to bed and try again tomorrow. *headdesk*

Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:38 am

im so happy!!!
thanks a lot to the person who discovered it!!!

*tons of hugs*

Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:39 am

That's teh suck, Rackumel...'m srry!

Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:40 am

apranum wrote:how did the spectral essence found again ?

Someone was trying to max power with a random guess at the proportions, and randomly guessed right.

Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:45 am

Sophie says: Making potions this complicated from scratch is getting to be a nightmare!

How true that statement is!
If off to bed before I get hooked into trying to figure out more of these. I'll try again tomorrow ;)

EDIT: I did get the Spectral Essence to work as well...that poor Meowclops.
Last edited by Ange on Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:46 am

Add another confirmation to the list.

Also, for those who haven't started, I strongly recommend splitting the 10 grams into two 5 grams (well, 4 all up). It is a lot quicker XD

Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:52 am

krivone, you didn't Burn the Leafy Slorgblossom to the max as well?

My ratios are approximately what yours are, across the board for qualities, but the actual averages are slightly off by a bit. How exact must we be?

EDIT: Nevermind, I answered my own question by just trusting in your process. :hug: The approximate ratios worked even though the averages were off by a tad. :)
Last edited by anjuna on Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:55 am

For example, when we're having 2 composites, someone told me to make both of them and throw them into the cauldron at the same time (so throw in 2 recipes). But now I have a question: if we had recipes that needed 19g and 25g, how are we going to stuff all into the composites area? It can only take 3 ingredients!

Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:56 am

I got the essence right but the other composite gave me good when I threw them in togeter I was within the paramaters and it didnt work, well back to the drawing board. if anyone can help me with a 80/80 conjur/enchant combo lemme know because the sites I've bene using are not working / confusing the bejebeeles out of me

http://petpages.neopets.com/~SierraSea

I did the info on that page and got gooified. even though I was well within the +/-3 range
Last edited by Sylence on Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:58 am

Rakumel wrote:WHAT?! AAAAAAAARRGH@&*($@$!

I made the Spectral Essence all right, and threw it in the cauldron with the other combination that I could, have, SWORN fell within the parameters I was given - I mean, triple-checked with a calculator and everything. But apparently *something* was off, because I just got black goo. :x

Well, there's a few hours of my life I'll never get back. Guess I'd better go to bed and try again tomorrow. *headdesk*

I feel ya....I don't know what I did wrong! :(

Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:02 am

Spectral Essence

Quantity: 21 grams
Conjuring: +287

Divination: +35

Enchantment: +3

Power: +432

Some more data. Looks like there's a little give.

...and when I tried to add the rest of my leafy...

You can't add any more ingredients to that composite, or it might become unstable and explode!

What the!?
Topic locked