Whether it be a puzzle or a war, this is the place to be for all your plot related needs.
Topic locked

Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:33 am

After battling, this seems like such tedious busy-work. I think I need to begin again later. Thanks for the tips, all of you who gave them.

hey warnold can you give me a few pointers on level 2? I'd appreciaite it

Ack! How do I do Level 3?

Composite #1:

Special: Spectral Essence
Quantity: 25 grams

Composite #2:

Quantity: 12 grams
Relevant property: Conjuring
Target value: +80 +/- 3
Relevant property: Enchantment
Target value: +83 +/- 3

warnold wrote:Level 3!

Composite #1:

Composite #2:

Target value: +79 +/- 3
Relevant property: Divination

Composite 2 cannot contain more than 3 grams of any one basic ingredient.

!! Oh please do share how you got past #2! :D If you don't mind? Any easy way to figure it out? Or did you just kind of play around with things?

Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:34 am

Sophie isn't telling me what she needs...what am I supposed to do?

Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:36 am

Hystericalanduseless wrote:
warnold wrote:Level 3!

Composite #1:

Composite #2:

Target value: +79 +/- 3

Composite 2 cannot contain more than 3 grams of any one basic ingredient.

!! Oh please do share how you got past #2! :D If you don't mind? Any easy way to figure it out? Or did you just kind of play around with things?

You have to do the same thing you did in #1, but twice and more. Get your two composites, and then combine them. Make sure each one satisfies the given condition.

Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:38 am

so fulfil the need of weight and power on one and weight and that other thing on the other then combine?

Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:40 am

Level 2 was easy. It worked just like level 1.
just twice.

You end up with 2 composites, the first (on the left) with the stats specified for composite 1, the second with the stats specified for #2.

It's just a matter of getting ingredients that average out to the correct numbers.

FYI the formula for 3 ingredients

Result_value = (q1*v1+q2*v2+q3*v3)/(q1+q2+q3)

Just keep raising the values till your numbers add up, then
put them all in the composite.

Level 3 looks hard, cause you have to find the "Special: Spectral Essence
Quantity: 25 grams" which I'm guessing is just a combination of ingredients. But you've got 5 ingredients, and you need a minimum of 3 ingredients to add up to 25 grams, so that's 125 combinations to try.

Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:40 am

Okay, I'm really confused.
Can someone please take pity on me and let me know how to do this?

For combination 1 I tried burning some bumroot and while it did increase it's divination property it seems to be taking ages (target value 60 and I only got it to 5 after a few minutes)

Should I keep burning it or try something else?

Warnold - your formulae confuses me :) Can I please have a step-by-step explanation?

*puts on a dunce's hat and goes to sit in the corner*

Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:41 am

warnold wrote:Level 2 was easy. It worked just like level 1.
just twice.

You end up with 2 composites, the first (on the left) with the stats specified for composite 1, the second with the stats specified for #2.

It's just a matter of getting ingredients that average out to the correct numbers.

FYI the formula for 3 ingredients

Result_value = (q1*v1+q2*v2+q3*v3)/(q1+q2+q3)

Just keep raising the values till your numbers add up, then
put them all in the composite.

Level 3 looks hard, cause you have to find the "Special: Spectral Essence
Quantity: 25 grams" which I'm guessing is just a combination of ingredients. But you've got 5 ingredients, and you need a minimum of 3 ingredients to add up to 25 grams, so that's 125 combinations to try.

could you make that formula make sence to me please? I really am NOT a math person. I am severely dysleic with numbers and this is all multiplying or what? I failed algebra both in HS and in College, but I am sincerly appreciating the help

Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:43 am

ARGH... could someone please figure this out for me? I need to have

Quantity: 18 grams

Target value: +40 +/- 5

I am at

Quantity: 16 grams

Divination: +65

Enchantment: +41

What range # of Divination do I need to reach on the remaining 2 g to hit 40 +-5?

Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:48 am

Miscellaneous Composition
Quantity: 16 grams
Conjuring: +20
Power: +24
You successfully added an ingredient to this composite.
Discard

is it even possible to complete the formula with this? I dont wanna discard it for no good reason. I combined the two items and my awesome combo sank to 20 instead of the +/- 5 of 42

Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:49 am

Katdragon wrote:Okay, I'm really confused.
Can someone please take pity on me and let me know how to do this?

For combination 1 I tried burning some bumroot and while it did increase it's divination property it seems to be taking ages (target value 60 and I only got it to 5 after a few minutes)

Should I keep burning it or try something else?

Warnold - your formulae confuses me :) Can I please have a step-by-step explanation?

*puts on a dunce's hat and goes to sit in the corner*

For step one I took one of each of the ingredients and just kept doing stuff to them until one reached the right value. If burning as you are doing doesn't seem to be working fast enough try something else.

Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:50 am

I'm stuck on part II.

It seems I can only have three composites at any given time. I'm not given the option to add anymore if I already have three prepared.

However, I can't seem to "combine" ingredients in order to turn said ingredients into three or less composites. I think I'm just missing something obvious, but would someone please explain to me how/if I can combine ingredients?
Last edited by Officer 1BDI on Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:51 am

For the formula you multiply the grams by the value (of the thing you need) for each item. Then you add the results together and divide by the total number of grams (add the grams of each ingredient together) for all your items.
Topic locked