Whether it be a puzzle or a war, this is the place to be for all your plot related needs.
Topic locked

Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:34 am

Can someone pleas tell me: WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!

I'm trying to get this:

Composite #1:
Quantity: 16 grams
Relevant property: Conjuring
Target value: +41 +/- 5

I have this:

Miscellaneous Composition
Conjuring: +42
Enchantment: +21

When I put it in the cauldron it goes ucky. I'm very very lost, I did my first one easily, but this is proving difficult.

Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:39 am

dracir512 wrote:Can someone pleas tell me: WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!

I'm trying to get this:

Composite #1:
Target value: +41 +/- 5

I have this:

Conjuring: +42
Enchantment: +21

When I put it in the cauldron it goes ucky. I'm very very lost, I did my first one easily, but this is proving difficult.

Are you on a level where it asks you for two compositions? If so, you have to throw both in at the same time.

Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:40 am

Sylence wrote:Composite #3:

Quantity: 12 grams
Relevant property: Power
Target value: +68 +/- 2
Target value: +104 +/- 2

this ones driving me nuts.

I am still working on the spectral it takes forever and so far its making me feel worried what with the levels of some of the properties but I have faith in the Officer dude

Your composite is pretty close to what mine is:

Composite #3:

Target value: +67 +/- 2
Target value: +103 +/- 2

I don't remember exactly what I did to mine but I know I used 3g each of bloodfern loam, crushed jurpleberries, baggus pulp and sharpgrass.
I remember the jurpleberries I had got conjuring up to 108 (crush not max) and power to 57 (dry not max). The bloodfern I had power around 70 and conjuring somewhere around 100 (crush not max).

edit: the baggus pulp I know I dried to max and soaked a bit (not to max I don't think). the sharpgrass I soaked to max and burned a little and i think dried a little.

Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:48 am

I have everything together now except the anti-gravitic goo. Time to start experimenting. :)

Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:49 am

jfkimberly wrote:I have updated my table to show the effects of Burn, Crush, Soak, and Desiccate on the newly-acquired 4th-round ingredients. All values are based of 5g of the ingredient being test, and 60-second trials. Again, I did two trials to test for accuracy.

I'm not sure how it jibes with your data, but I thought I'd offer this info on the chance it would be useful:

Test: 5g of Wool, treated to completion with each method
Results:

Burn
Conjuration: +300
Divination: +300
Enchantment: +300
Power: -1200

Crush
Enchantment: -1200
Power: +300

Soak
Divination: -1200

Desiccate
Conjuration: -1200

If you run all methods to completion, it results in a value of -300 for each stat.

Finally, 5g of Bagguss Pulp + 5g of Babaa Wool, all treated to completion, definitely does not produce Anti-Gravity Goo. (I tried it on a wild hunch that the negative values of the wool were important, with pulp added to, well, make it gooey. Oh, well.)

Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:55 am

Composite #2:

Special: Spectral Essence
Quantity: 23 grams
Target value: +275 +/- 1

--- So I made ... ---

Quantity: 23 grams
Conjuring: +275

This time around, will it automatically turn into the Spectral Essence? I almost assume not, since the game can't know which we are making first, but I am more asking the people that solved this part already. I am heading to sleep soon, and just don't want to think for myself right now lol.

Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:56 am

It should still say spectral essence after it's combined

Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:01 am

anjuna wrote:This time around, will it automatically turn into the Spectral Essence? I almost assume not, since the game can't know which we are making first, but I am more asking the people that solved this part already. I am heading to sleep soon, and just don't want to think for myself right now lol.

It should say spectral essence. Mine does.

Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:03 am

In the Anti-Gravitic Goo stage? Really? What the heck then. Third time as the "weighted average" was being skewed somehow. Tried with 10/10/2/1. Anyone else having similar problems? Trial and error again eh?

Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:07 am

According to someone I've been working with on the Neoboards:

21g Bloodfern - max Soak and Crush
2g Slorgblossom - max Burn and Crush

Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:13 am

evenstar wrote:
Sylence wrote:Composite #3:

Target value: +68 +/- 2
Target value: +104 +/- 2

this ones driving me nuts.

I am still working on the spectral it takes forever and so far its making me feel worried what with the levels of some of the properties but I have faith in the Officer dude

Your composite is pretty close to what mine is:

Composite #3:

Target value: +67 +/- 2
Target value: +103 +/- 2

I don't remember exactly what I did to mine but I know I used 3g each of bloodfern loam, crushed jurpleberries, baggus pulp and sharpgrass.
I remember the jurpleberries I had got conjuring up to 108 (crush not max) and power to 57 (dry not max). The bloodfern I had power around 70 and conjuring somewhere around 100 (crush not max).

edit: the baggus pulp I know I dried to max and soaked a bit (not to max I don't think). the sharpgrass I soaked to max and burned a little and i think dried a little.

I only wish you remembered exactally what you did, but I will try the ingredients you listed as well as what advise ya was able to give me, I appreciaite it whole heartedly.

If anyone has similiar to mine please write down what ya do, I intend to with mine maybe we can help one another out! -ws-

Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:14 am

Those are the proportions of grams I used, but I could not max out things as my 275 would have been far overshot. This is going to drive me insane.

EDIT: Ahh, wait! Yes maybe I do have to max out with Soaking the Bloodfern Loam, as I do remember that actually lowers Divination but increases Power (which is not a relevant quailty here, but hey let's just throw all logic out the window). :P I may as well try; I just suspect maxing out soaking the Loam will lower my Divination too much. o_O
Last edited by anjuna on Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:15 am

Alex wrote:According to someone I've been working with on the Neoboards:

is that for the goo?

Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:16 am

Sylence wrote:
Alex wrote:According to someone I've been working with on the Neoboards:

is that for the goo?

Oh, sorry. No, this is for the second Spectral Essence.

Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:17 am

Quick question abotu the 2nd Composite,

Ok I've got my 1st one finished needed 40 conjuration

2nd needs 80-90 Enchantment, nowi 've got the hang on what i've got to do..it's jsut nt donig it for me i;ve had 2 attempts at the2nd one first I got

Baggus +171
Bumroot + 42
Leafy +42

added together amkes 225 Divide by 3 is 85

So that right, right? So when I mixed them why did it coem to +69?

and my 2nd attempt I got the divide by 3 to 81 yet combined they came to +67 enchantment o0

Am I doing anything wrong?
Topic locked