Whether it be a puzzle or a war, this is the place to be for all your plot related needs.
Topic locked

Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:43 am

When I combine things, they don't average properly, and end up being about 15 off...

Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:44 am

For anyone curious, it seems there's a max on the amount of slorgblossom allowed in your spectral essence, perhaps 1/5th of the total grams can be slorgblossom (though that could be wrong).

8 grams out of 23 doesn't work even with the right values, but 2 does. I'm trying 3 now.

My guess is this will affect the anti-gravitic goo, too...

Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:47 am

dolphinling wrote:For anyone curious, it seems there's a max on the amount of slorgblossom allowed in your spectral essence, perhaps 1/5th of the total grams can be slorgblossom (though that could be wrong).

8 grams out of 23 doesn't work even with the right values, but 2 does. I'm trying 3 now.

My guess is this will affect the anti-gravitic goo, too...

3 works (at least for me)

Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:48 am

Thanks so much for the help you guys! Whoever found the Spectral Essence needs a pat on the back at least.

Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:49 am

Well, I got the conjuring, but not the Spectral Essence:

Miscellaneous Composition

Quantity: 23 grams
Conjuring: +275
Divination: +99
Enchantment: -55
Power: +133

I used 7g Slorgblossom to Conjuring 13 and the rest Bloodfern Loam to 390
Maybe none of the properties can be negative for it to be Spectral Essence.

I give up for the moment.

Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:50 am

dracir512 wrote:When I combine things, they don't average properly, and end up being about 15 off...

This happened too me too - I did the "add 3g maxxed Bloodfern" trick and it gave me this:

Miscellaneous Composition
Quantity: 12 grams
Conjuring: +85
Divination: +55
Enchantment: +53
Power: +90

Something's very wrong here :/ I'll try again in the morning.

[edit] I can't resist - I'll finish it off now.
Last edited by AySz88 on Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:53 am

Ahhhh.. just got home from work.
My second thing didn't work because of a silly little mistake I made.
But now, I'm working on it... and I'm not going to bed until I figure it out!

Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:05 am

Okay, I'm reasonably certain about the 1/5th thing I posted above, as I've seen it work in a bunch of cases, except there's something else going on too, some people (including me) didn't get the essence even when doing the right number of things... :\ Oh well.

Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:09 am

I just got the essence using 21 grams of bloodfern and 2 grams of slorgblossom.

My total conjuring for each was:
For both 10gr Bloodfern +330
For 1gr Bloodfern +229
For 2gr Slorgblossom +32.

Now off to figure out Anti-Gravitic Goo!!

Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:11 am

darkscarlett wrote:I just got the essence using 21 grams of bloodfern and 2 grams of slorgblossom.

For 1gr Bloodfern +229

Do you remember what you did to each? The same things as for the other essence?

Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:21 am

I've gotten composite #2 and #3 at exactly +/- 0. Composite #3 was easier than #2. Assuming you use only 4 ingredients, each at 3 grams, you can simply multiply your required values by 4. Then its as simple as making the required value of all four ingredients add up to the needed value multipled by 4.

Eg.
Relevant property: Enchantment
Target value: +103 +/- 2

103 x 4 = 412 (TargetValue x IngredientNumber = MagicNumber)

Simply, if enchantment of all four of your ingredients adds up 412 then you'll get exactly your Target Value (103 in this case, since you already know that 412 divided by 4 equals 103).

Just note that this only works with ingredients of equal mass (if the limit is 3grams of one ingredient, you can have either 4 at 3 grams or 6 at 2 grams, its up to you).

Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:24 am

I have updated my table to show the effects of Burn, Crush, Soak, and Desiccate on the newly-acquired 4th-round ingredients. All values are based of 5g of the ingredient being test, and 60-second trials. Again, I did two trials to test for accuracy.

This should help people figure out what to do to get the desired results on their properties.[/img]

Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:26 am

Alex wrote:
darkscarlett wrote:I just got the essence using 21 grams of bloodfern and 2 grams of slorgblossom.

For 1gr Bloodfern +229

Hm, I did the same, only my I maxed the bloodfern(21g) with crush and soak. And then I took 2g of slorgblossom and only upped the conjuring to +14. then I first added the blood fern and then last the slorgblossom. Not sure if the order counts. had 275 balance.

But but. It's way past bed time for me. Night.

Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:28 am

Alex wrote:

For 1gr Bloodfern +229

For the two ten gram bloodfern I crushed to the max then soaked to the max.
For the 1gr blood fern I just crushed till it reached 229.
And I soaked max/crushed max/ and dessicated max for the slorgblossom.

Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:33 am

Composite #3:

Quantity: 12 grams
Relevant property: Power
Target value: +68 +/- 2
Relevant property: Conjuring
Target value: +104 +/- 2

this ones driving me nuts.

I am still working on the spectral it takes forever and so far its making me feel worried what with the levels of some of the properties but I have faith in the Officer dude
Topic locked