Whether it be a puzzle or a war, this is the place to be for all your plot related needs.
Topic locked

Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:49 am

mmmm... let me see if i understood you....
i pick up 5 grams of something...
then burn, crush, soak or desiccate it..... and i have to get a value (where its says conjuring) some number between 51 or 61??

Yes. Your desired number is 65, BUT Sophie is letting get away with a number 5 lower or 5 higher. That is what +/- 5 means. :)

Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:49 am

Composite #1:

Quantity: 20 grams
Relevant property: Conjuring
Target value: +40 +/- 5

Composite #2:

Quantity: 25 grams
Relevant property: Enchantment
Target value: +82 +/- 5

Composite 2 cannot contain more than 10 grams of any one basic ingredient.

Eh? I don't get it. How do I make the composite's grams more than 10?

Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:50 am

CacophonicWailing wrote:
Sylence wrote:I am so past lost. the highest number I am getting is 7 -screams- anyone got ideas?

Find an option that raises the stat you need, and let it sit for awhile. Check on it occasionally to be sure it's not going too fast, too.

I did 3 grams of burn and 2 grams of crush and at different times I got a +16 on one and a +17 on the other, I dont know how to combine to see what happens though, any idea?

Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:51 am

I'm having trouble with combine... do I make the composites first, or combine first, or am I missing the point entirely? o_O

Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:54 am

I know that, but how do I combine the ingredients into one composite?

Daze wrote:
mmmm... let me see if i understood you....
i pick up 5 grams of something...
then burn, crush, soak or desiccate it..... and i have to get a value (where its says conjuring) some number between 51 or 61??

Yes. Your desired number is 65, BUT Sophie is letting get away with a number 5 lower or 5 higher. That is what +/- 5 means. :)

thanks a lot!!! i think i got it now!!!

Katy wrote:I'm having trouble with combine... do I make the composites first, or combine first, or am I missing the point entirely? o_O

After you make a composite you can click on it and then combine it with another ingredient

Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:55 am

fishies wrote:I know that, but how do I combine the ingredients into one composite?

Wouldn't you just throw it all into the cauldron?!
And hope for the best? Hehe.. I have no idea.
But I figured i'd throw out that idea.

EDIT:
Some things you do raise and lower the numbers.
Ie) If I burn sharpgrass, it lowers the divination
if I soak it, it raises the divination and lowers the enchantment.

So there is a method to the madness.. I think.. Possibly.
Last edited by Hystericalanduseless on Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:56 am

I got one up to +38 now -excited face- so so CLOSE!!!

okay so I dont think it was bumroot I got my 5 grams of it to a +65 even

Sophie

Augh! That wasn't right. I must have put in the wrong components. Let me try that one again...

so its back to the dang drawin board

Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:02 am

I am working wtih 2 ingredients - I have made 1 composition - and now I am working on the other ingredient. When that one is up to the desired number, I will Combine both and see how I go. :)

Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:04 am

I dont know is it just one ingredient.. do we have to combine two different ingredients.. can anyone who has made it to the next step give me some pointers please?

Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:06 am

Has anyone else had this happen? When adding two ingredients to make the proper power the combined total didn't equal what you thought it should? (one was +24 the other +14 when added it equaled +19)

Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:07 am

darkscarlett wrote:Has anyone else had this happen? When adding two ingredients to make the proper power the combined total didn't equal what you thought it should? (one was +24 the other +14 when added it equaled +19)

Sounds like it averages them...?

I havent had that problem yet -lol- because nothing I do works -grins-

darkscarlett wrote:Has anyone else had this happen? When adding two ingredients to make the proper power the combined total didn't equal what you thought it should? (one was +24 the other +14 when added it equaled +19)

Yes, me.. It was a little annoying..
Topic locked