Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:25 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Shoyru_Lover wrote:
Hunter Lupe wrote:
One very angry programmer? :)

No, seriously. No software firewall, some antivirus running quetly in the background (is it still running? I haven't heard anything from it in the last year), and the google toolbar (search, popups (my hosts file takes care of most of those anyway)).

Quote:
Is Linux like MS-Dos? You know.. run commands and stuff. Maybe Linus could make a GUI

Now, now, did you do your searching? http://www.kde.org/ http://gnome.org/
(in fact, almost all common linux distribution come with a GUI)

Hmm that's pretty sweet. You guys all know that macs own PCs right? ;)

A mainstream gamer will say otherwise. The G5 has the power, but it can't run x86 stuff.

"Happy Mac gamers don't exist!" - CtrlAltDel-Online

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:44 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

My computer is armored (not armed) with a 2 inch thick titanium alloy (it stops the evil martians from taking over my computer...sorry i just played Doom 3).

Actually, i have a router and Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal...thats when Im using Windows...others, like mentioned earlier, Linux doesn't need anything extra. Also, i don't need anything for spyware cuz i never got any with Mozilla.

Since these are no longer temporary forums, I will update my signature.

Post subject: Re: What is your computer armed with?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:02 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

kamehameha0 wrote:
My computer has about five firewalls, ten spyware detectors, and about five virus scanners. I'd like to see someone even try to hack my computer or put spyware on it.

Is that an invitation? Go ahead and post on any site telling hackers to try. Seriously. If one really wanted to and had good skills with hacking, he'd get in, unless you physically unplug your connection in time. But then, if he really wanted to take time to bug you, he'd continue attacking you, and it'd get irritating, even with all that software. You can't have ALL of your firewalls, spyware detectors, and virus scanners active at the same time!

Me... I have NIS 2004 Pro and Spybot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:59 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I'm not sure, I think I have ad-ware, 1 anti-virus program and one anti-spyware program. I really have no idea, my dad installed some stuff on my computer and still I don't know how it's called because I'm no good with memorizing names of all anti-virus stuff. :P

-used to be darklegend-
currently: lurking ^-^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:18 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

More than 1 firewall/adware scanner/antivirus does not always mean that you're safe. First reason is compatibility. There are several security products that will conflict with other products of the same time, rendering one or the other useless. Furthermore, if you run all those programs at the same time, they eat up hard drive space and RAM. Your computer will run as slow as a snail dragging a two pound stone.

Post subject: armed
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:05 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

My new PC is armed with Norton Antivirus, and I'm pretty sure the Windows Internet Connection Firewall Thing is enabled.
Haven't downloaded Spybot yet. I'll have to keep that in mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:11 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

We have McAfee Virus Scan, McAfee Firewall, Ad-Aware, and Spybot. We will be getting Spyguard, Spyware blaster, and Trojan Remover when I get around to it. :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4