Got a little techonology problem that you need fixed pronto? Post it here and we'll see what we can do.
Topic locked

Re: Google Crome anyone?

Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:55 pm

Blue wrote:Hmm. I tried Chrome when it first came out, but didn't care for it so much. Maybe time for a re-try.

I think Chrome can also be a bit onerous with regards to threading: Chrome is the first multi-threaded browser, meaning that each open tab is actually its own process, running in its own portion of memory, and the processor has to figure out how to slice up its resources. With other browsers, the web browser helps to figure out what tabs to load and when and how to allocate resources.

I have a quad-core processor at work that runs Chrome just fine. I have a dual-core at home that struggles with it.

Tue May 31, 2011 10:53 pm

Chrome is good if you just need a browser with no plugins. It's really streamlined kinda of like the google homepage.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:44 am

Are there decent Flash-blockers and Adblockers for Chrome yet? I have it on my system, but the add-ons I have are very crude; it's either "block everything" or "permit everything." Not particularly effective on a site like Neo where there's a lot of necessary Flash but some ads with malware.
Last edited by Siniri on Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:06 am

I use Adblock Plus. It's okay; it blocks the ads on Neopets, and leaves the ads alone on other sites. Problem is, sometimes Neopets will display basic HTML, and I end up disabling and then enabling my ad blocker. Overall, I'm very happy with it. I used Jellyneo's guide to set up the filters.

Google Crome anyone

Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:22 am

I have read different opinions on Google Chrome it seems that most of them are not satisfied using it.
Topic locked