Got a little techonology problem that you need fixed pronto? Post it here and we'll see what we can do.
Topic locked

Best place to learn flash

Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:35 pm

Hi,

I don’t have much knowledge in flash programming. I need some pointers which site is good for beginners to learn to program flash besides the one from Adobe?

Re: Best place to learn flash

Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:38 pm

I'm a big fan of the Dummies books. That's where I leanrned to type more gooodely.

I'd suggest a visit to your local Borders, Barnes & Noble, or locally-owned small bookstore. You should be able to find either an Idiot's Guide to Flash Programming or a Flash for Dummies book. Both are great for beginners.

Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:54 pm

Dear PPTers,
This says "best place to learn flash," not "best place to learn how to flash."
Just thought I'd make this clear.

- DM

Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:58 pm

*snicker*

Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:47 pm

shapu wrote:*snicker*

8D
Just working toward my Funniest PPTer Nomination for 2009...

Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:47 pm

DM was on fire! wrote:
shapu wrote:*snicker*

8D
Just working toward my Funniest PPTer Nomination for 2009...

Ooh, completely forgot about the PPTbies. Good times.

You can doeeeeeet!

Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:28 am

DM was on fire! wrote:Dear PPTers,
This says "best place to learn flash," not "best place to learn how to flash."
Just thought I'd make this clear.

- DM

Good one DM. :roflol:

Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:04 pm

Moved to Computing and Technology. :)

Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:51 pm

There are various tutorials on actionscript.org, as well as Flash tutorials on Newgrounds.com.

I learnt all of my Flash knowledge via the 'Actionscript Bible' (copies of it can be floating around on the internet) as well as the Newgrounds flash forum.

Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:26 am

Ahh Newgrounds! I haven't been to that site in ages!! Back when flash was in vogue that was the site to be at.

*goes off to have a look how it is doing these days*

Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:49 am

How is it doing? Over-run with children creating terrible stick-man animations, which are being spam-voted to the highest position by other children who think it's "SOO GOOD". It used to be a great place full of creativity - but as with most sites of the nature, has been on the decline ever since flash became popular.

Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:14 pm

That happened with progressive rock when punk came with their cheap sound and ruined music forever!

Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:02 am

I used to check out kirupa.com all the time. It's a pretty nice website for a lot of beginner level and advanced web development tutorials (including flash =] )
Topic locked