Got a little techonology problem that you need fixed pronto? Post it here and we'll see what we can do.
Topic locked

Re: Firefox doesn't allow me to click *anything*

Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:56 pm

Well, just to let you all know that the problem has been solved... more or less. I simply installed FF2, which didn't give me any trouble at all, and called it a day. I'm still no closer to solving my FF3 issues, but at least I have a version of FF that works. The weirdness escalates even further, though. I have an optic mouse with a wheel/middle button that never worked on IE... but it does on FF. o_O Ah well. FF works, and I guess I'll leave it at that, right?

Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:14 pm

Pardona wrote:Well, just to let you all know that the problem has been solved... more or less. I simply installed FF2, which didn't give me any trouble at all, and called it a day. I'm still no closer to solving my FF3 issues, but at least I have a version of FF that works. The weirdness escalates even further, though. I have an optic mouse with a wheel/middle button that never worked on IE... but it does on FF. o_O Ah well. FF works, and I guess I'll leave it at that, right?

Except that the last security update of FF2 gave me a warning saying they weren't planning on updating it much longer... So to be safe, we should all eventually switch to FF3. Hopefully they'll fix that weird bugginess before you have to. I just wish Tarla's toolbar would hurry up and get updated -- FF3 has been out for how long, now?

Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:23 pm

Firefox 2 reaches EOL on Dec 2008, so Firefox 3 has been active for around 7 months.

Pardona, you can continue to use Firefox 2. But Siniri had mentioned, any security holes found will not be fix by the Mozilla team. They have also disabled the plushing detection.

You may want to try out Firefox 3.1 (current in beta) and hope it does not have the problem.
Topic locked